• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Deadlight

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

It’s finally released and it seems all right although I had expected more based on the demo. Anybody played through it yet?

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

What? Already? Buying now.

Edit: Been playing it….exactly what I thought it would be. What were you expecting? I could clearly gauge the type of game it is just based on the very first teaser.

Anyways, this game is pretty awesome. Think Shadow Complex (minus the excessive metroid action) and mix it with Walking Dead and Limbo. I’m severely enjoying this game.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

My slight disappointment is not based on what type of game it is but rather the quality based on playing through the trial. I might still give the rest a try though.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Henke - 02 August 2012 01:32 AM

My slight disappointment is not based on what type of game it is but rather the quality based on playing through the trial. I might still give the rest a try though.

Is it the graphic novel style cutscenes? The quick jump between some animations? I can see what you mean by quality, but it still feels like a great game.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 92

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I didn’t like the story or the way it was told but I do love how the game is essentially a modernization of classic trial and error puzzle platformers like Prince of Persia and Out of This World. I wish all of the art was done through rotoscoping so it truly could’ve been something Delphine would’ve put out in 1993.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I believe that a change to my initial verdict is necessary after playing some more. The controls are still far from smooth but the game has some incredibly cinematic moments. I agree that it’s very reminiscent of Out Of This World and Flashback. Won’t pass a judgement until I actually finish the game.

EDIT: It actually turned out to be rather good in the end.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top