• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 03 December 2014 12:14 PM

How many of these are they spewing out now? If they’re not careful they’ll end up as the definition of milking a cow lol.

They are well beyond milking cow. Sarcastic

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Bombs starting to drop

Street Fighter 5 announced for PS4 and PC

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 05 December 2014 10:59 AM

Bombs starting to drop

Street Fighter 5 announced for PS4 and PC

Trailer out too,

Megaton indeed, i think we are in for a treat.

No XBone , looks like MS getting Vita treatment.

Resogun expansion announced too.

And Persona5 teased.

Dragon’s Dogma Online trademark registered.

Yum

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Tim Schafer presenting first award..Will they show off Grim Fandango ?

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The Game Awards

So what games were shown in between the awards (nobody cares about the actual winners)

Reggie shows off Mario Maker which was shown at E3, but it could be a fun take on Mario. Make your own stages, at E3 the stages seemed very small so I hope they have expanded on the levels.

Keifer Sutherland shows off Metal Gear Solid V with Kojima. They show off the online experience. Looked a lot like it was co-op sneak vs Bots. Hopefully its better than prior MGS Online.

Award 1 - Best Performance :  Trey Parker (South Park)

Shows off Tacoma from Fullbright(Gone Home) which seems to be set on a moon base. Excellent. http://www.tacoma-game.com/

New look at Bloodbourne. Looks bloody.

Live music to announce Banner Saga 2.

Awards - Best Score and Best Online Experience : Destiny

Awards - Trending Gamer: Total Biscuit

Peter Moore (EA) on stage to announce that they are publishing the new game by the makers of Brothers. No idea what their new game is as it just showed a couple of guys on a train staring at the moon.

Adrift looks cool. Like Gravity the video game. Stuck in a space suit among a destroyed station you have to try and survive.

Awards - Best Handheld/Mobile game : Hearthstone

Awards - Developer of the Year and Best Fighter : Nintendo and Super Smash Bros

Codenamed:Steam
- New game from the Fire Emblam team. A new 3DS game coming in March.

Before is a prehistoric survival game with Mammoths. Build up your tribe, survive winter, find new lands. Seems pretty cool.

Battlefield Hardline looks awright. Out in March.

Awards - Best Sports/Racing game : Mario Kart 8

The Order 1886 looks as georgous as ever. Out in Feb.

MLB the Show
- Never heard of the cover guy.

Teases a new reveal for Uncharted 4 at the PS Experience tomorrow.

Until Dawn looks interesting. Kind of Heavy Rain meets Friday the 13th.

—Really funny mid show bit with Broken Age talking about how one half is done and already had moneys worth, but dont worry the second half is even better. (nice swipe at the fans)

Awards - Best Shooter: Farcry 4

Witcher III looks amazing and has a new playable character (Co-op maybe)

Awards - Best Narrative and Best Games for Change: Valiant Hearts

No Man’s Sky still looks freaking amazing. Cant wait to play that.

Godzilla is a strange looking city destruction game.

Awards - Industry Icon : Ken and Roberta Williams Nice little restrospective about Sierra and great to see them on stage.

King’s Quest
looks nice, but is definitly more of an action game. Didn’t see any puzzles there. Disappointed but not surprised.

Awards - Best Indie Game : Shovel Knight

Human Element is a Zombie MMO that looked a bit Mad Max.

Awards - Game of the Year : Dragon Age : Inquisition

Zelda WiiU looks nice. Colourful big world and the usual sword and bow combat with a couple of tweeks.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

No need to show GF as it will be playable at PS experience.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Didn’t watch the show but seems like i was better then last year (nor difficult)
Surprised so many Sony exclusive trailers showed at The Game Awards considering PSX starting today.

Some great indie announcements: Tacoma, Brothers-team new game, KQ, Before, Adrift

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Adrift and no man’s sky look good.

I was left a bit flat with that Zelda trailer. It looks nice, but they seemed to be banking on things other games have been doing for years as being something amazing. They also seem to think traveling around a big world is fun. Yeah, it is, but there needs to be something there for us to want to see it, so I hope they’ve got that sorted or it could be an awful boring trip from location to location.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think Zelda was more of a tech demo to show the horse-riding, a bit of the fighting a the big map. They didn’t even show it full screen I wouldn’t be too worried, still to early. But I’m not sure it will come 2015.
Starfox also coming next year and before Zelda.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Oh, yeah. I forget to say! Whoo hoo Starfox! Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yakuza 5 US digital announced!!!

We’ve received so many requests from our fans to bring Yakuza 5 to the U.S. and Europe. Yakuza 5 also made the top of the list of Sony’s #BuidingTheList campaign led by Gio Corsi at Sony Computer Entertainment and we were moved by all the support given to Yakuza 5 by the PlayStation community.

Uncharted4 reveal was OK, graphically looks Vita game against Order.
Shit skyboxes, rock formations and water.
Fights are way organic than other shooters though.

Edit:

SF5 is console exclusive indeed.

David Jaffe’s new IP Drawn to Death is also PS4 Exclusive, looks cool.

FF7 port announced for PS4

Another crazy title by Katamari guy.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 06 December 2014 03:48 PM

Yakuza 5 US digital announced!!!

We’ve received so many requests from our fans to bring Yakuza 5 to the U.S. and Europe. Yakuza 5 also made the top of the list of Sony’s #BuidingTheList campaign led by Gio Corsi at Sony Computer Entertainment and we were moved by all the support given to Yakuza 5 by the PlayStation community.

Huge surprise, hope it does well to keep them coming.

nomadsoul - 06 December 2014 03:48 PM

Uncharted4 reveal was OK, graphically looks Vita game against Order.
Shit skyboxes, rock formations and water.
Fights are way organic than other shooters though.

Environments are lot bigger and a lot more stuff going on.
They showed a fight in a kitchen in The Order…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

They showed Zeppelin footage yesterday at VGA, and it seems the floor demo is about that too.
The scale of airhships and everything , painstaking detail and texture, the over all texture look is total CG.
Check Gamersyde vid of UC4, the rocks are bland as hell , low textures and all but plenty of time to fix as ND revamps their shit in the crunch time, but looks totally unimpressive to me right now.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/06/psx-2014-attacking-and-crashing-a-zeppelin-in-the-order-1886

Also new gow confirmed to be in development at SantaMonica.

Edit:
@wilco
Here,
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142091068&postcount=94

Footage will come soon i guess.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Well here are more glimpses, this is INSANE. Skyboxes, cloth and hair animations….

Check the fidelity in this vid, this is better than SEnix and Hollywood CGs let alone UC4.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/12/06/the-order-1886-and-why-we-liked-the-new-demo-ign-conversation-psx-2014?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I need the full Demo…hype through the roof.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

So what was EMAGON in the PS Experience? Anyone know?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top