• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your favorite games and game suggestions?

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2020-02-02

PM

I’ll definitely browse around there! Thank you! I’m actually playing through Keepsake right now and enjoying it. A lot of the games that have been suggested seems to have low reviews but I think most of them are just unable to run these games well on their pcs.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

EmberKitten - 09 February 2020 08:11 PM

A lot of the games that have been suggested seems to have low reviews but I think most of them are just unable to run these games well on their pcs.

Many of these games have some annoyances which spoil the experience to some extent.

For instance, The Moment of Silence is mostly an OK science fiction story, but some things make the game really mediocre overall. Things like, you need to use a keycard every time you enter certain locations, which make something that could be a one time puzzle to be something that is annoyingly repetitive. There are also some logical holes in the story, it’s supposed to be a serious story, but you can carry a pigeon in your pants to the space station. Uhhmmm, what? And if you make it to the end of the game, there is one of the most annoying puzzles ever involving repositioning satellite dishes.

The game has some very nice elements, but things like mentioned above are probably what cause people to give bad ratings.

Another example, a game which hasn’t even been mentioned, is Mata Hari. In theory it is a spy-themed point and click, which is even based in reality, although very loosely. But the game is ruined by repetitive dancing minigame sequences, and hopping all over Europe to pick just one item (and hopping all over Europe involves a train minigame). I wouldn’t even suggest that game to anyone because of those annoying parts, but the actual adventure elements aren’t that bad actually, it’s just that the whole thing combined doesn’t create a good game.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Mikekelly - 09 February 2020 01:43 PM

Secret Files 1, 2 and 3

I loved secret files 1 and 2. I was told that 3 was terrible and stayed away from it.

I would love to get some additional opinions on this.

Heart

I recently replayed most (all?) Animation Arts’ games. I don’t love any of the Secret Files games. They are pretty solid three star games in my book. Thematically just my cup of tea, but with some puzzles, attempts at humor, voice acting etc. that are less than stellar and sometimes borderline silly. Did not think Secret Files 3 was any better or worse than the previous two, although I must admit I’ve already forgotten the story. I enjoyed my time playing it, period. Secret Files: Sam Peters is the least good game of the four imo. But even that one had its moments. And it was short enough not to get too annoying.Smile

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

GateKeeper - 10 February 2020 03:39 AM
EmberKitten - 09 February 2020 08:11 PM

A lot of the games that have been suggested seems to have low reviews but I think most of them are just unable to run these games well on their pcs.

Many of these games have some annoyances which spoil the experience to some extent.

For instance, The Moment of Silence is mostly an OK science fiction story, but some things make the game really mediocre overall. Things like, you need to use a keycard every time you enter certain locations, which make something that could be a one time puzzle to be something that is annoyingly repetitive. There are also some logical holes in the story, it’s supposed to be a serious story, but you can carry a pigeon in your pants to the space station. Uhhmmm, what? And if you make it to the end of the game, there is one of the most annoying puzzles ever involving repositioning satellite dishes.

The game has some very nice elements, but things like mentioned above are probably what cause people to give bad ratings.

Another example, a game which hasn’t even been mentioned, is Mata Hari. In theory it is a spy-themed point and click, which is even based in reality, although very loosely. But the game is ruined by repetitive dancing minigame sequences, and hopping all over Europe to pick just one item (and hopping all over Europe involves a train minigame). I wouldn’t even suggest that game to anyone because of those annoying parts, but the actual adventure elements aren’t that bad actually, it’s just that the whole thing combined doesn’t create a good game.

I think all games by House of Tales (who made The Moment of Silence) have had good stories/writing but have been more or less bad gameplay wise. Haven’t played 15 Days yet though.

And I can only agree about Mata Hari. I remember having to travel by train from Paris to some place in Germany just to make a phone call… Several times! One of the worst games I’ve ever played actually.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

And I can only agree about Mata Hari. I remember having to travel by train from Paris to some place in Germany just to make a phone call… Several times! One of the worst games I’ve ever played actually.

I recall playing this game, it really is quite bad. I played it to the end, and the end couldn’t come fast enough for me.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2020-02-02

PM

Just recently beat Keepsake and Secret Files Tunguska. Enjoyed them both! Back on the hunt again for more games.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Just recently beat Keepsake and Secret Files Tunguska. Enjoyed them both! Back on the hunt again for more games.

For some reason, I liked Secret Flies 1 and Keepsake. I need to replay both of them, it’s been awhile since I played them.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top