• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CarlesDeVogeltjes

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Red Dead Redemption 2

Total Posts: 1605

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Figured I would add a topic with the game coming this friday. Already got it pre installed. I think this has the chance to being one of the greatest companion pieces to a video game ever.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I’m hopeful it will be good.

I need to free up 100GB of space on my PS4 before Thursday.

I read it comes on Two Discs, the first game this generation to do that.

Can’t wait

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Lucien21 - 21 October 2018 12:07 PM

I’m hopeful it will be good.

I need to free up 100GB of space on my PS4 before Thursday.

I read it comes on Two Discs, the first game this generation to do that.

Can’t wait

Me either. If the interact button with npc’s is as involved as they say, this might not only be the best open world game, but also the best choose your own adventure game. where choices you make actually matter and have true consequences.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Pre-load for digital download has begun. Already downloading 97Gb or somethign like that.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

From the reviews I’ve read this is a very slow-paced deliberate game almost more like a life Sim in yhe vain of Persona 5 in a weird way. I can see why that might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m so excited to get lost in the wild west or really East since it’s more of an Eastern than a Western

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I’ve only played the intro so far, but I can attest that there is some slow paced things to it. Searching a house takes forever with slow animations to pick up individual items in the drawers etc.

However i’m enjoying it so far, but havn’t gotten to the open world yet. Still pretty scripted. Off to rob a train next.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Are the missions linear or exploration awarded?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I have played about 15 hours, after the first chapter the game opens up. it is still slow-paced but I won’t even call it slow pace I’ll call it deliberate. There are so many random events that have happened to give one example I helped a father and two sons fend off robbers while they’re building a house, I came back like 5 days later and then they gave me another mission to help them find logs to finish building the house, and when I say Mission I don’t mean like a marker pops up on a map, it just happened to be there. The whole thing was a random event. I mean this kind of stuff is pretty amazing and happens alot. Plus the dialogue tree to greet or antagonize npcs really opens up another world of possibilities. For example in the little town you go to in Chapter 2 anything you do there they remember. I got into a bar fight and days later people bring it up and either say wow I can’t believe you kicked that guy’s ass don’t cause any more problems in our little town we don’t need them.

My couple of problems are the game is a little too easy and I’m not sure I quite like what they did with John Marston, I figured they would make him a little more evil but they basically make him a scum bag in this game

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Playing this on the PS4. I don’t like how I shoot a coyote point blank in the face with a Carbine rifle and it’s still okay and kills me immediately with some love bites. Otherwise, it’s incredibly immersive after the first chapter. Throws you into the deep end immediately.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

On chapter 3 love, the game. But taking a break bc i was getting burned out a little. I have easily put in 30 hrs so far.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

near the end of chapter 3 about have 45 to 50 hrs in. I think from here on out im going to focus more on the story, the game is great but I am getting burnt out a little on it.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

People are telling me to buy this game. I might have to.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I love the last mission of chapter 3 the music the mood all of it

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

I’ll have to wait for the pc version

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I ended up dropping this game - probably won’t finish it. There are some significant gameplay flaws here. The 2 biggest being the latency between controller and character action AND the rigid path of the story missions. You deviate slightly from the script and it’s a mission failed. Rockstar has a story it wants to tell and appears happy to break immersion until you follow each beat exactly as intended.

I initially stated the open world is immersive but the story just seems adamant in narrowing my play choices.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I hated Red Dead 2 at first. It was so slow at the beginning, both in the story telling sense and in the physical movement of the character. I was mad at myself for wasting money on it near launch, so I forced myself to keep playing it.

As time went on it actually got better. It’s still a deeply flawed game, more concerned with being “art” than something that’s actually fun to play, but it does improve. Sadly you have to force yourself through the start to get to the better parts.

On the whole it’s probably worth playing, you just have to really know what to expect.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top