• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Navigational Design In Action Adventure Games | A Bachelor Thesis Survey

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-01-28

PM

My name is Lucas and I am in my last year of studying game art and 3D animation in Frankfurt.

I am currently working on my bachelor thesis if navigational aids like a compass, a map, a floating arrow or beam of light within the game world and HUD are always necessary or if game designers should rely more on the design of the world itself guiding the player subconsciously, i.e using artistic composition (light, color, camera movement) or including it in the game’s narrative (i. e. Eagle vision in Assassins Creed).

Most developers don’t explain why the character of their game can see a floating arrow or a map on their screen and I want to figure out why to this day developers still like to use a HUD that is filled with information breaking the immersion while games become more and more realistic.

Because this is a rather personal opinion I decided to make a survey on it, trying to get as many different results on it as possible.

I hope you dont mind answering these very quick and simple questions. 

For my bachelor thesis I am analysing “Rise Of The Tomb Raider” (2015). If you have never played one of the newer Tomb Raider games, don’t worry, these questions are optional. Smile

You can find more information on the survey itself by clicking on the link below.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/175hmNA2q_GQ3HZUu7HjWscvkmTKattk_cyeHmC__Ko0/edit
(hope the link works)

Thanks for helping me out. It means alot to me!

Feel free to ask me any questions or giving feedback down below.

Thanks once again,

Luc

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top