• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Transistor (from the creators of Bastion)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Transistor is an isometric science fiction action-RPG from the creators of Bastion. Game looks hot and from the reviews and impressions I’m reading also plays great. The story/presentation, judging from Bastion, should also be impressive.
It’s releasing today on PC/PS4. Anyone playing it?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Playing Wolfenstein now, quit bastion halfway through , will give it a try,
reviews are insane, wall of 9s n 10s.Seems like another Indie GOTY stuff.

Share your thoughts when you get it.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished the game. it’s not very long.
Was a bit disappointed by it, for me, the star of the game was the combat system, a mixture of action and turn-based with a very deep level of customization. The problem was there aren’t a lot of different enemies and the scenarios are always the same (small field/some walls) so I tweaked my abilities to the best combination halfway through the game and didn’t change much for the rest.
Repetition was also a problem with the scenario, the environment looks great but no variation. The soundtrack and voices are great and the presentation good kind of like in Bastion with a Narrator (that it’s not the actual narrator but a character). I just wish the city was not so empty abd there were some characters in it to have a little varation in the game.
Ending was ok, but not as powerful as it probably wanted to be, don’t know how to explain it but it sounded a bit presumptuos.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top