• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Watchdogs super downgrade: Real or not

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-04-10

PM

This went from one of my most anticipated games to one of the games that I would not preorder even if they gave me a 60 percent discount. I think that they have been dishonest (or at least boastful) with their initial trailers. I hope that the game does turn out to be utterly amazing though.

Anyone heard of http://FlappyGamer.com ?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

False marketing just got cheap

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802329

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Yeah, because the nexus 7 is by no way a tool for their ARG…nope just a bribe in every form. *rolls eyes*

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

You know, that’s where the game industry (including game journalism) is right now. I’ve read several articles that have talked about how you really don’t have proper press conferences (or even press freedom) anymore, but rather these PR shows where they just want to enforce their own hype on the press without actually giving almost any information away. I mean, I don’t remember what game it was (Halo?) where they had rented Andorra or Liechtenstein (can’t remember which) and had this whole alternative reality action experience. And of course gifts are always included (sometimes more, sometimes less extravagant) but then you (as a journalist) don’t actually get to ask them anything and basically they will tell you what you can say and what you should say.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hahaha Gamespot amazing video on the matter, called it false

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-point-watch-dogs-misleading-game-trailers/2300-6418400/

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

” you’re going to throw around statements as facts, you could at least show us the evidence that proves it. Just because it makes sense doesn’t mean it’s happening.

As for Watch Dogs’ graphical difference, people see what they want to. Nobody’s noticed that everyone has said the game looks worse but also happens to show gameplay in the sunny daytime, and that it looks better at night or when it’s raining, when it’s much shinier. Also, people are dumb enough to compare a demo video to a .gif video which, as we all know, are known for how high def they are.

Lastly, in the very beginning of the video Danny says that Watch Dog’s blew us away with shiny graphics AND new and exciting gameplay elements, and then proceeds to only talk about how graphics are important. “

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Textures appeared washed out, cars less reflective, colour pallets less vibrant, missing shadows, low NPC model polycount (check the bar scene from original) and missing anamorphic lens flares (if you know what it is lol).
It wasn’t a difference in video compression. Throw your CV for Ubi marketing, might help you.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top