• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Last of Us

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Mikekelly - 29 June 2013 09:58 PM

The game sold over a million copies - that is stunning.

With backward compatibility out the window for the PS4 - I’d play the PS3 for a good 10 year life cycle myself.

I may buy one right now - I’d be drowning in games for the next six years at least - good ones too!

Heart Eyes

If you really want a PS3, this is a pretty sweet deal: a brand new PS3, 4 games including GTA IV Complete and Max Payne 3, and an extra controller for $270 after rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110112&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm;_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=7105480&SID=skim33330X911644X01e12bbc9dd1cdc4c92fb4f24152dea4

Probably won’t last long.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

I brought Asian Collectors Edition of The Last of Us and after heavy custom duties, shipment and the game it self it costs me US $ 525/- approx.

However, the Asian version CE of the game is so rare that I have heard that it produced not more than 3000 pieces and just distributed in Malaysia, Singapore & Indonesia just few hundred copies and Japan, Korea and few other territories didn’t got a single copy for their gamers…............

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

I won’t post anything like this again, but yet another good deal on a PS3 for people who want to pick one up and play these great exclusives.

This time it’s a new PS3 250 GB with Infamous 1 & 2 and Uncharted 1 & 2.  All great games.  The bundle is $240 for all.  Pretty crazy.

http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/catalog-product.jsp?prodId=99034

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Not to rain on The Last of Us’s parade but Braindead 13 totally predicted the fungal apocalypse 17 years before Naughty Dog did!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I know I am coming late to the party, but I just got a chance to finish the Last of Us, and what a game it is. This is Naughty Dog at the top of their craft. The storytelling is amazing, and all the characters are interesting and memorable. The game play is so intense, and it is very rewarding to be able to clean up a whole area of enemies without using a single bullet.

Like others, I think the story stands very well on its own. I hope Naughty Dog doesn’t make a sequel and instead takes a stab at a completely different setting, but I have a feeling that the game sold too well for Sony not to view it as a franchise.

5/5

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

There is story DLC to come out for it, but it could be set before the main game so as not to affect the ending.

On Reddit they more or less confirmed they are working on a sequel. Not sure how I feel about that unless they just set it in the world, but not a direct continuation. Maybe from Tommy’s point of view or maybe a whole new set of characters and a new story.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

The Last of Us provides some great storytelling (as usual with a game from Naughty Dog), but the repetative gameplay had me bored about half way into the game. I’ll probably finish it some day, but I’ve crossed the line where finishing it feels like a chore.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 27 August 2013 02:45 AM

There is story DLC to come out for it, but it could be set before the main game so as not to affect the ending.

Just got over with LeftBehind, started out strong with some cringeworthy moments
in the middle and ending strong, filling lots of story details from the first game.

There is one element that will make many of you on this site to dig this DLC.

There are new pieces of music and 2 new tunes are just brilliant.

This IP has got lotsa balls to continue with different setting or country
and new characters, however i dont know if new music director can surpass the
soul of this one.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So, the worst kept secret ever was officially announced

Last of Us is coming to the PS4 in the Summer with a remastered edition, 1080p, 60fps, etc, etc.

Pretty smart of Sony, I think, I’ll probably get it down the line to replay it (but not at full price)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Give me bad feeling that its filler for UC4 delay.

Delaystation strikes again hopenot Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top