• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Watchdogs super downgrade: Real or not

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

jhetfield21 - 24 March 2014 09:40 PM

And this is one reason why so many devs went Kickstarter.Because they cut out the publisher and deal with you directly.That way they can give relative release dates,meaning they can go over the date if things go haywire.No strict deadlines and no publisher deciding things about how your project should be,giving you reason to cause a shitstorm.

What in hell was the point of kickstarter if you sell out to a giant company like facebook?

Tongue

time is flat circle, you will reach the exact same place eventually.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

money

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

jhetfield21 - 26 March 2014 03:09 AM

money

False marketing, if Oculus already had enough money to launch its consumer virtual reality platform, why would it sell to Mark Zuckerberg?

They sold you different thing, extracted consumer faith with false pitch,
took 180 and sold to some else. (People basically paid for Facebook, so much for
your KS as self publishing individuality point).

Wdogs and Bamco also sold different version of reality.

(Bamco is still using old build pics on site).

Point being even KS is not full proof.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

What people paid for in the kickstarter was a copy of the development kit, not shares in the company.

Everone in the kickstarter got what they paid for presumably.

In the same way I backed a lot of adventure games, it doesn’t mean I get a share of profits.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Lucien21 - 26 March 2014 04:13 AM

What people paid for in the kickstarter was a copy of the development kit, not shares in the company.

Everone in the kickstarter got what they paid for presumably.

In the same way I backed a lot of adventure games, it doesn’t mean I get a share of profits.

Exactly,the money people paid on Kickstarted was just to release the product not to fund the company as a whole(even if part of that sum is to sustain the salaries).Buy outs are a totally different case.And the fact that one Kickstarter project ended this way doesn’t change the idea behind the platform nor how every other Kickstarter is gonna end up.
But don’t forget that most of these are companies and think like it.They think in the long run.

Oh and by the way…Watchdogs didn’t sell anything false.It hasn’t been released yet and all the criticism lies with trailers etc.Marketing failed,yes,but it hasn’t sold anything fake yet.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 26 March 2014 04:13 AM

They clowned gaming enthusiasts to back them which was later used as a platform to secure a larger investment.

What you mentioning is ToS attached with KS, but what i am talking about is all the narrative that is filled in KS page, we will remain individual and all that, thats
misleading and clowning(read false marketing).

People paid to become a tool for money making machine for Lifeinvader.

Read above line as KS pitch and think if you will back me up, you wont.

jhetfield21 - 26 March 2014 04:33 AM

1.Exactly,the money people paid on Kickstarted was just to release the product not to fund the company as a whole

Oh and by the way…Watchdogs didn’t sell anything false. It hasn’t been released yet and all the criticism lies with trailers etc. Marketing failed,yes,but it hasn’t sold anything fake yet.

1. Not product but beta testing exercise for Facebook if you look at it again, the promise didnt include board members and shareholders. And all the happy owners of
DK 1,2.. 3 , are essentially beta testers for product that is yet to come and will be
different in branding and everyhting.

2. Watchdogs sold you different reality, won E3 awards for it, funny how it was
showed along with Tlou and wont even come close to its success. And then they showed (read sold as in PR marketing terms) different inferior reality which triggered this debate. The transparency is an issue, you dont know how many Titans they use to show that debut build even it was on PC.

Who knows how many recent TitanZ Devs will use to sell their debut shit in future.
Scary stuff.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Occulus Rift Kickstarter has no statement whatsoever that it will remain in the hands of the original creator nor that they will remain individual,be it on the written or spoken way.The pitch is “help us get this out on the market and to developers earlier”.

Even Carmack has positive things to say about that.The only thing different by all accounts is gonna be the branding.From what Luckey said the reason they went through with this is because they retain the vision and control over the direction while Facebook can expect to use the product for its own purposes as well(something social oriented,probably something like Second Life).I don’t know where this is gonna go.But in the end Kickstarter is all about bringing projects to the finish line.Nothing more.

On the WD front,I cannot believe for one sec they’d be so dumb to show a game that won’t be able to function satisfyingly on average pcs and better on reasonably high end pcs….It’s suicide for the game and the company.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

jhetfield21 - 26 March 2014 10:25 AM

Occulus Rift Kickstarter has no statement whatsoever that it will remain in the hands of the original creator nor that they will remain individual,be it on the written or spoken way.The pitch is “help us get this out on the market and to developers earlier”.

Even Carmack has positive things to say about that.Th
On the WD front,I cannot believe for one sec they’d be so dumb to show a game that won’t be able to function satisfyingly on average pcs and better on reasonably high end pcs….It’s suicide for the game and the company.

Nope, not single mention of Social VR , it was all about VR gaming from Gamers

Designed for gamers, by gamers = Nope

The Rift takes 3D gaming to the next level. There are a number of VR headsets out there, but none that deliver a truly immersive gaming experience = Nope

Step inside your favorite game = Nope, my fav game aint on PC, and what About Bajillions
of Minecraft players Tongue so NOPE

Oculus Rift is a new virtual reality (VR) headset designed specifically for video games

Specifically = Nope

I feel cheated. I backed a vision of what I wanted gaming to be in the future. Now all I want is my money back.Bad move Palmer.

Read these comments, they are by supporters i guess, count the number,
this argumnent is out of depth really so give up.

http://mashable.com/2014/03/25/kickstarter-oculus-facebook/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game/comments

2. I never talked about Wdogs function, i talked about graphics downgrade, same for Darksouls 2.

3. Carmack is mere shadow of his formerself, after Rage and Doomed Doom series and situation of Id, he is merely a joke to consider worthy. Maybe he is getting his share too. Tongue

So i think instead of engine coder who has rusted his actual game design skills

I present you this

And I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition.
- Notch

I don’t want to work with social, I want to work with games - Notch

Notch did 180 because we was clowned with false vision (read pitch) and clowned again and again for some ulterior motives, read the whole stuff here

http://notch.net/2014/03/virtual-reality-is-going-to-change-the-world/

Now you should realize that Notch makes 100,000+ each day can make more with Oculus
but he has drawn line because money aint evrything and he aint a sellout.

I rest my case.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

I’m saying this only because I have a lot of respect of Carmack as a developer.He thinks of himself a programmer not a game designer.That’s all he talks about,technology and code.And he’s also not out for money…If anything he is to be respected far more than Notch since he left id because they didn’t have as much faith to VR as he did and cut the VR research budget and instead went to the source directly,Oculus.That should tell you something of the determination each of them has to make VR work.

I was gonna say lots of things about the rest but honestly I’m tired,I leave this at “all I care is that VR is gonna be released the way its supposed to,fully functional and the way the creators intended it to be.” I’m done with this thread.Feel free to continue but I’m out.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Once again, get your facts straight.
http://kotaku.com/oculus-addresses-some-of-the-internets-biggest-concern-1552003153

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 14 March 2014 04:31 AM

If you don’t want downgrades you have to join PC master race, nomad, you can’t have both Tongue
We wait a lot but things look a lot more prettier Smile

So i was right again, and PC owners will get gutted version too lol,
joke is on PC supporters in this thread and elsewhere, dont need to quote
them but they know what they said

The lighting was changed drastically, to a point where torches were basically useless and various textures lost some fidelity. Unfortunately, the PC version of Dark Souls 2 doesn’t fix this.

PS3 vs PC side by side:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/08…ics-comparison

PC version

Reveal version removed from site , still on facebook

Muhahahahaha

Grin

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

The thing is, I wasn’t expecting them to make a great port. Really, they have a TERRIBLE track record. Still got my fingers crossed that Wdogs will do fine on the PC.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Actually from what I hear, it’s a very good port of the console game. Higher resolution (full 1080p) and smooth 60fps at all times.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-dark-souls-ii-pc/2300-8726/

It just doesn’t match those dynamic lighting screens that Neogaf likes to parade around like they were legitimate final games shots and not target renders. They I presume would rather have a sub par 30 fps or less game that has dynamic lighting and all the whistles but runs like shit.

Most people would rather have a game that plays great.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 09 April 2014 02:55 AM

Actually from what I hear, it’s a very good port of the console game. Higher resolution (full 1080p) and smooth 60fps at all times.

It just doesn’t match those dynamic lighting screens that Neogaf likes to parade around like they were legitimate final games shots and not target renders.
Most people would rather have a game that plays great.

-Dont believe what you hear
-Its not supposed to be port, correction = It was developed on PC first unlike DS1
and then ported to consoles and therefore was supposed to look like the demo
they showed.
-People played the Dyamic lighting version , it aint just screens.
-PS3 version runs fine, yes gameplay matters but you can always shit down textures in
any game to increase frames. Even Crew, Watchdogs can hit 60fps if you will drag it   down to ps2 level. Or ps3 level for ps4. Its aint optimization its a copout.
- Bamco was parading the lighting engine as game mechanic and still advertising it.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

All the bluster about this sort of thing just goes to show how laughably entitled so many gamers have become.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top