• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Playstation 3 exclusives

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I started contemplating whether or not it’s finally time to pick up a Playstation 3. The question is obviously which good games (meaning adventure games or something in similar territories) have I missed? These are the only ones I could think of at the top of my head.

Stick it to The Man (seems REALLY good)
Rain
Heavy Rain
Beyond: Two Souls
Ni No Kuni - Wrath of the White Witch
Journey

I already got a PS2 and an Xbox 360 so backward compatibilty or console games in general isn’t of interest. Surely there has to be more, right?

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The Last of Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flower
Puppeteer
Tokyo Jungle
Siren

More action:
God of War 3
Infamous
Folklore

I’d say try the Ico and Shadow of Colossus HD collection even if you played them on the PS2

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Oh yeah, The Last of Us are suppose to be really good.

Folklore seems really cool, thanks man. How could I have missed that? RPG/Action version of Gabriel Knight?

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I am shocked Uncharted wasn’t mentioned yet.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

3D Dot Game Heroes and Demon’s Souls

Both games are action adventures in the same vein as Zelda. Except one is a lot more challenging than the other.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

@Henke
You must play Journey twice , first offline then online. Experience i cant
explain and only games can do.

Others mustplay are

Unfinished Swan, my pal was artdesigner, mustplay Adv game by all means.

Also if you can overlook bad gameplay , Myst type short beautiful adventure

Datura

Folklore is more like Dreamfall, its Metaphysical in theme, but one of best stories.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just dropped a big $129 dollars for a PS3 - it is a 160 MB model too.

I bought 60 games to go with it in a buy two get one free sale.

It is - simply put an amazing console with some great games to include:

LA Niore

Beyond Two Souls

Deadly Premonition

SO - GO get a PS3 today!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Mikekelly - 26 November 2013 10:45 PM

SO - GO get a PS3 today!

I got to say, still a bit on the fence here. No more than one exclusive game I really want to play followed by a little more than a handfull of games that might be fun. Will keep examining the ones suggested so far though. I might change my mind. Smile

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2005-12-19

PM

Henke - 27 November 2013 02:55 AM
Mikekelly - 26 November 2013 10:45 PM

SO - GO get a PS3 today!

I got to say, still a bit on the fence here. No more than one exclusive game I really want to play followed by a little more than a handful of games that might be fun. Will keep examining the ones suggested so far though. I might change my mind. Smile

I was in a similar position as you a few months back, and I went over the fence. Got myself the Uncharted series, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Flower and Journey. Let’s just say that Flower and Journey are simply amazing, and deserve all the praise they get. The other stuff, however, ... in hindsight, it’s not worth getting the system for, even if most of you will disagree. Maybe I just don’t have the patience for big budget titles and their cheesy characters and plots anymore, but I found the first few hours of Uncharted 2 to be a tedious cover shooter on the set of an Indy movie, The Last of Us quickly became a frustrating stealth game (I’ve played enough Splinter Cell to last me a lifetime), and Heavy Rain, while technically impressive for its time, was nothing more than a B movie style thriller. I was looking forward to Beyond before playing Heavy Rain, but not anymore.

However, if you haven’t played Shadow of the Colossus, you should certainly do so, be it on the PS2 or PS3.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The PS3 is really cheap now and the games are cheap and easy to find. I got Journey and Flower and they are solid games.

Later on, the amazing games on the system may get hard to find.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top