• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Last of Us

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

nomadsoul - 10 June 2013 11:26 AM
wilco - 10 June 2013 07:55 AM
nomadsoul - 09 June 2013 11:11 PM

]

Here my copy with AdventureGamers thread in background Smile

Ahah Nice! I’m so jealous!
Thanks for the impressions. Specially like the part about the focus on stealth/melee and less shooting and the huge length.

My pleasure Smile

Finished, 15hrs 40minutes, range of emotions throughout.

This game ain’t require no rating IMHO. One has to play it to experience the potential
of gaming medium.

I think i have said enough already , huge credit to Sony
for nurturing , building and giving free hand to NaughtyDog, without Sony
vision and stance i think this game would not have been possible in current Safe-Bets,
mainstream AAA gaming world.

Well, I think you’ve successfully worked up the anticipation of the forum to a fever pitch.  I’m really looking forward to trying it after all the wait.  Maybe Amazon will accidentally deliver it early!

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Got to play a couple of hours after work tonight.  It gets the heart pumping, I’ll tell you that.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

No spoilers
Started playing last night - just got to the part where you first get Ellie along. Damn, this game is gooood so far. Loving the stealth! I’m not all that brave though, taking out the monster people is horrifying. Even the tutorial part got me all rilled up!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Few tips,

-Upgrade shotgun and save ammo for extreme situations.
-You can pick arrows from dead bodies, i found it later Frown
-Use and abuse the L2 button i.e running , use it to strafe and move back fast , and
strafe around enemies in circles, its the best technique to make life easier by evading.
-Explore every corner, even though the situation will force to use stealth and leave
dangerzones, there could be good loot hiding around enemy areas or someplaces that can
be easily missed.

Could share more but will destroy the purpose of getting out of tight situations,which
is part of the fun.

Starting hardmode tonight.

Edit:

Good news Smile

http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/06/the-last-of-us-selling-out-in-new-zealand/

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Looks amazing, another game that makes me want to buy a PS3.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

So, I just got to the part of the game that was shown in a gameplay demo at last year’s E3.

I thought the game looked great back then, but I always kind of assumed this was from a highly scripted segment of the game.  What’s amazing to me now is to see how not scripted the gameplay demo was.  The whole game is like this.

I have to say, though, I don’t know how nomadsoul marathoned through this game.  I can only play about an hour and a half in one sitting before my nerves are shot and I have to take a break.  Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Interplay - 18 June 2013 12:00 PM

So, I just got to the part of the game that was shown in a gameplay demo at last year’s E3.

I thought the game looked great back then, but I always kind of assumed this was from a highly scripted segment of the game.  What’s amazing to me now is to see how not scripted the gameplay demo was.  The whole game is like this.

I have to say, though, I don’t know how nomadsoul marathoned through this game.  I can only play about an hour and a half in one sitting before my nerves are shot and I have to take a break.  Tongue

After Demon/Darksouls , other games are not that hard. Already halfway through in hard mode, now totally aggressive approach not using stealth.

Btw, i have tried the E3 section again, and played 15 times, all different. Its basically the enemy attack patterns, animations and weapons usage that makes it all different experience. In the whole game that section is best for having fun , (you can reload chapters after finishing the game).

And the best moments in game are yet to come. Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s stressing me out not having time to play this… I’m still at 4-5 hours in but I think I prefer to play it on a long session… Amazing intro!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Looks like sales are going strong Smile

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/06/18/the-last-of-us-is-the-biggest-game-of-the-year-with-1-3m-sold/

Sequel Domains already registered, and i want new self contained stories, in some
other parts of the world. More i will discuss once you guys finish it. Tongue

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Loving the game so far.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

3.14% of all sailors are Pi-rates.

Smile

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 22 June 2013 10:09 AM

3.14% of all sailors are Pi-rates.

Smile

Makes me think of a Miranda episode.
Why are pirates called pirates? Because they arrrrrrrrgh!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Well, I just finished my playthrough.  I’ll probably leave more thoughts later, but obviously it was a great game.  And a great game, mind you, not a great interactive movie. 

Ha, I wish I had a video of me playing the game.  I’m sure I looked ridiculous.  I swear I think I got a crick in my neck trying to look around corners.

Great gameplay, great story.  I’m sure the characters of Joel and Ellie will stick with me for awhile.  I for one kinda hope there is no sequel.

My favorite part of the game was the Winter section with David and the cannibals.  When you’re playing split up during the blizzard was great. 

I definitely want to try the game again in a little while and do things differently.  I feel bad, but I never even used the flamethrower one time during the entire game; I have no idea what it’s like.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Really loved the game. I don’t understand the places that didn’t rate it at the very least a 9/10. To me this is a perfect 10 - my favorite game of this console generation for sure. Amazing gameplay and killer story. Unlike a lot of people I didn’t get phased by the gruesome nature of it though. I thought shiving dudes in the neck was awesome, rather than disturbing Tongue

While the story is great and the ending could work as a definitive ending, I’m not opposed to a direct sequel focusing on Ellie and Joel still - or even singleplayer-DLC with those two.

Interplay - 24 June 2013 01:00 AM

I feel bad, but I never even used the flamethrower one time during the entire game; I have no idea what it’s like.

Me neither, it seemed like you got it at a point where you didn’t really need it for the remaining time. Like the big underground bus terminal place or whatever it was, where there were several Bloaters, I just threw molotovs in their face rather than facing them straight on and using the flame thrower.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Now some of you have finished i can point some spoilerish feelings

The soundtrack and Sound gave a lot of personality to the whole experience,
the tracks elevated some feelings and emotionally hit hard, specially the
Giraffe moment, one of the most memorable,wtf and touching moment of respite and
calm amidst of total world collapse and tension.

Winter section won everyone. Btw if anyone didnt recognize the VA for David
is that of NatahanDrake i.e NolanNorth, the VA in this game is pure
talent, Troy as Joel definitely showed his range much better than Booker.

Ellie is adorable and won many hearts, really natural and believable.

And yes its not interactive movie , its not press A to awesome that makes it
more replayable ,fun and worthy of all the credit. I am now exploring all the
different melee fight conextual animations by replaying some sections.

Melee combat is of total win.

Later i will give my detailed opinions on Ending, on which gamers are divisive, but i liked it. What i liked most in story is not just how well the relationship is executed but how it challenged the conventions of main person dying, TWD and all, i was predicitng death of leads, i was glad and smiling in the end.
The story is not even about that.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top