• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieLady Kestrelwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Consortium

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2013-03-19

PM

I worked on a bunch of adventure games at Sierra and since then I’ve had to work on more action oriented games.  I’m happy that I finally got to work on another “adventure” style game.  It’s not your classic adventure game, it’s in First Person like half life where you have full control where you go and who you talk to and even where you look… So life goes on and you might miss something unless you are in the right place at the right time.  There are dialog trees that feel natural in the way the responses seem like what you wanted to ask.

The game is nearly complete, but we still need a little more money to complete it.  Please take some time to check out our kickstarter video to get more details about the game.

Consortium on Kickstarter

Also there was great article written at Rock, Paper Shotgun about the game.

Rock Paper Shotgun - Consortium article

Thanks for taking the time.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

It looks interesting, and I did pledge, but I’m keeping my expectations in check. With such a small budget but such a big vision compromises are to be expected and unavoidable. Maybe a risky project to support, but it seems worthy of support to me nonetheless.

Anyway, what is it with this time of year that makes all these tempting Kickstarter projects crop up? I hadn’t backed for months and now this is the fifth one I backed within a few weeks!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’m a little bit concerned with the graphics - is this the final look of the game, or?

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

I dunno, it’s a work in progress after all, but I doubt they will get much better. You can’t expect Mass Effect quality graphics considering the small budget. As I said: compromises.
They focused their design on a small environment though, which is a smart thing to do and makes it plausible that the work on the game can be finished with the rather low sum asked for.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’m not expecting Mass Effect (which doesn’t look all that great for an AAA-game when it comes to the stiff and weird characters) but the whole design just doesn’t appeal to me, even from a low-budget stand-point.

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Mass Effect wasn’t the most impressive looking game upon its release, true, for various reasons (dealing with console limitations and engine quirks, I would guess), but it’s typical for the production of blockbuster games (like Mass Effect) that the majority of expenses go into the graphics.
If the design doesn’t appeal to you, then that’s surely a different matter entirely. It obviously does to me. Especially like how it plays around with the 4th wall, too few games do that outside of occasionally making the obvious joke about it. Really liked that about The Nomad Soul, too.

Joined 2013-03-19

PM

@ozzie, thanks for your support.

The small budget is to finish the game.  We are very close, so we didn’t need the full production budget. 

The art “style” is made to look a certain way that follows the story/lore.  You (the player) are controlling another person from a parallel universe in the future.  The current tech of the satellite that streams this virtual world is the first version of iDGi tech.  In this current state of the tech it could only push so many polygons and has a very limited light spectrum that only allows to push only 16 colors at a time.

So yes the game looks a little rough and simple for a reason. This game is meant to be the first of a series of episodes and as the story gets revealed over time the iDGi satellite tech will be upgraded.

Again thanks for supporting indie games.

Consortium on KickStarter

Joined 2013-03-19

PM

We are really close now to getting the goal.
Consortium KickStarter

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I only just heard about this one, but it looks very intriguing, and i really like the basic concept of your actions having consequences.

I have just made a pledge, hope you reach the goal.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2013-03-19

PM

Thanks so much… We are on reddit AMA now

Q&A on reddit

Joined 2013-03-19

PM

We made our goal! Thanks for all your support… The drive isn’t over yet so help us get to a stretch goal.

thanks again to the folks here that donated!

Consortium

Joined 2013-03-19

PM

We are in our last 26 hours.  It’s not too late to jump in and pledge.  Again thanks again for the supporters. 
Consortium

Joined 2013-03-19

PM

It’s been awhile since I posted about this game. We’ve been working hard. 

If your looking for a new experience in story telling please check out Consortium.

We had a successful kickstarter and now we are very close to release.  We are currently on Greenlight for Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=112110662&searchtext=consortium

Please head over to greenlight and help an indie developer get their game on Steam.  We are very tiny team making a fairly ambitious universe. We take you from this space and time into another.

check it out!

-Turnstyle

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-11-22

PM

Hey, that looks great! You got another thumbs up from me. Smile Lots of positive comments too, that must feel good. Looking forward to see the end result!

Joined 2013-03-19

PM

WE have launched on STEAM!!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/264240

Image Attachments

googlePlus_header.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

This and the Banner Saga I’m getting with my next paycheck. Grin Good work on the game. Looks very intriguing.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top