• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bioshock Infinite

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

One of the most wanted game for years now, so many delays finally few days away. Original Bioshock set the new benchmark for narrative in games, thanks to creative team and
intellectual writer Ken Levine. Hoping it will push more boundaries and somehow
surpass original in quality. Many controversial and hot socio-political topics embedded in story which includes racism to religion. Then there are other layers of companion
Elizabeth and villian Songbird etc.

Expecting huge praises from journalists , will post my impressions as soon as i get my
hands on it. Expecting early retailer release like TombRaider.

One of the major Release this year, i hope you guys are ready too Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This feels like it’s been in development for a decade Smile
Really anticipating it. I’ve been playing Bioshock 2 for the first time in preparation. It’s a lot better then I thought it would be.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Yeah, Bioshock 2, despite not being made by Irrational, did a pretty good job. Although if it wasn’t for them, Bioshock Infinite would of been called Bioshock 2…

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Beware of any BioInfinite reviews comments and video comments, or forums since people
are on spoiling rampage, i have my game spoiled, its just 3 words spoiler.

But was predictable.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Really…why the frack do people have to do that. Seriously, thats kill worthy.

Also predictable is always predictable if you know what it is. No twist is unusual if you remove it from the context.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Monolith - 21 March 2013 02:08 AM

Really…why the frack do people have to do that. Seriously, thats kill worthy.

Also predictable is always predictable if you know what it is. No twist is unusual if you remove it from the context.

Actually there was topic on forums to guess the ending theory before release, many came up with stuff,out of that 3 are right, thing is we were thinking Systemshock2 and Bioshock ending type wtf surprise, and applying theories.

Infact after so many games and stories in movies, manga, animes etc. and given the pedigree of Ken, one could figure out the story main bits.

It doesn’t mean the storytelling itself is weak, make your expectations high, because if what i read is true the unfolding is very welldone.

As to why people spoil, well internet is for trolls and whatnot.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 21 March 2013 03:47 AM

As to why people spoil, well internet is for trolls and whatnot.

Internet trolls, seriously, why… I’ve been keeping away from all Bioshock Infinite related stuff, I’m not even checking reviews now…

On a Bioshock related note, I got an extra key for a steam version of the first Bioshock with the pre-order, anyone wants it?

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I always have high expectations and never am disappointed. The thing is, my expectations are realistic. So when something is spoiled, the whole world comes crumbling down. These same trolls probably have experiences of unrealistic expectations. I call them idiots. lol

Now, time to murder some people….Trying my best not to think about it. The thing is, why would it be fun to guess the ending of the game? Sounds like a game for lowlives as in the end, any story can be guessed. I’m pretty sure if I thought about it I could guess it. Like all films and stories. Give me a couple of pieces of info (trailers, snippets, reviews) and I can get the story.

Yet, somehow I can watch all videos of a specific game and still not get disappointed or spoiled. People actively over-analyse things. I love games, I purposely play dumb for my enjoyment. Makes complete sense. Its not my job to analyse a game before I play it.

Anyways, twists only work if they are viewed in the correct context, being like you said, the unfolding of the game. That the whole point of storytelling. Like when M Night Shamylan (whatever) made good films. When people didn’t see the film and heard of the twist, they scoffed at the idea of it and saying how obvious it is. People love play arrogant for some reason. For what? For the sacrifice of personal enjoyment? Actually, I’m pretty sure thats the reason why his films are so terrible. Majority of the people haven’t even seen them and just hear about the twist from others.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

This is why I like numerical review scores.  I don’t like to look at game previews or read game reviews because I am very spoiler-averse.  Once I decide I’m going to play a game (like Beyond: Two Souls), I try to avoid all videos or whatever else so I can go in fresh. 

To agree with Monolith, one can almost always guess the plot twist of a movie/book/etc. if you know there is a plot twist coming (eg heard from friends).  Plot twists usually only work if you don’t know there is going to be a twist.

As an aside, the biggest twist in a new M. Night Shyamalan movie would be if it didn’t suck.

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Definitely looking forward to this. I don’t know the twist, and agree with the stuff about the unfolding being more interesting (which I’m sure it will be—though even knowing there’s a twist at all is a bummer (the out-of-nowhere twist is the ideal twist situation (this made the first game’s twist so good to me), and it’s what made Shyamalan’s films increasingly less worth watching, as the twists began to envelope every other aspect of his narratives)).

That said, from the world that’s been created and the themes that are being drawn on, any sort of twist is the last thing on my ‘to-anticipate-in-Bioshock-Infinite’ list (not an actual list I’ve made, I’m sorry to say).

With this and stuff like Dishonored and the latest Deus Ex and the more experimental storytelling stuff going on the indie realms (Gone Home looks very promising in this respect (made by Bioshock 2 alumni, too) and Kentucky Route Zero (not played it, waiting for the Steam release, but it looks very promising)), I’m very excited for more in the line of intelligent, narrative-focused, player-freedom-promoting (insert other positive words here) games.

Twists.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Interplay - 21 March 2013 01:55 PM

As an aside, the biggest twist in a new M. Night Shyamalan movie would be if it didn’t suck.

He didn’t write his new film, so there’s still hope.
Unfortunately it stars Jaden “Didn’t get his father’s talent” Smith.

Although I would officially like to say that I haven’t seen a Shyamalan movie that I hated yet. The worst so far was Avatar, but that’s because he wrote it as a kids movie instead of an adolescent movie (dialogue was far too simple). Still doesn’t mean he botched the direction.
Never understood why he gets all that criticism. Just because some of the twists in his later movies were implausible, doesn’t mean the movies were bad as a whole…

Sorry for the off-topic posts.  Nerd

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

My problem with something like The Village (though I thought it was an OK enough film) was more that it felt like he’d come up with a twist and then worked backwards from there.

I’ll try to steer this ship back on to the shores of the On-Topic Seas: THE PRE-ORDER SHOULD BE HERE ON TUESDAY (ish)!!!!!!!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The Villiage is a dreadful movie.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Thread derailment!

Nothing is worse than The Happening…

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

wilco - 21 March 2013 06:25 PM

Thread derailment!

Nothing is worse than The Happening…

Even though Zooey Deschanel is in it, I do agree that film wasn’t up to much at all.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I’m the only one that like ‘Lady in the Water’. I don’t know, people think its stupid but I enjoyed the community dynamics. It was fun to watch.

The Happening sucked, but I find in insulting that people think that ‘Nature’ could not be that adverse and dangerous. Plus one to nature when it wipes out mankind in real life.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top