• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Max Payne 3 (I love it!)

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

I finally started playing Max Payne 3 on my PS3 and so far I’m blown away. I’m in chapter 6 now and until this point I love everything about this game. The gameplay is just as stunning as in the first two games and the storytelling is just as hypnotic as I remembered it from the predecessors. 

Max Payne 1 and 2 are among my favorite games of all time and the lead character is probably my favorite gaming character, so I was very sceptic about part 3 when I heard that Remedy wasn’t involved. That’s also the reason why it took me so long until I finally bought the game, BUT now I can say that I was wrong. One of the best games to me in years. Max is still the man!  Anyone else played it? What’s your take on Max Payne 3?

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Wonder why people hated it, though i loved it, the gunplay and music was brilliant.
Loved the dissection of Brazillian culture through the eyes of Max. If you want
to double your enjoyment , watch Tropa De elite (Elite Squad).

Agent is still in development, cannot wait for Rockstar to show it, huge
potential there too.

Total Posts: 92

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Even though it’s sitting with a mid-80s rating on GameRankings, it still killed me to see this game receive such an apathetic reaction from critics. It got written off as repetitive and a retro throwback to mindless shooters of yesteryear which is a complete slap in the face to its fantastic writing, its great soundtrack from HEALTH and the jawdropping combat mechanics which elevated the gunplay to artistry on par with 80s-era John Woo. The shootouts in this game are absolutely insane—a perfect merging of character fluidity, impeccable physics and weighty weapon handling which make them far more satisfying than, in my honest opinion, the shooting in any other game ever made. There are unscripted moments in here which pop up simply through use of the game’s brilliant mechanics which are far cooler than cutscenes from nearly any other game.

GTA4. Red Dead Redemption. L.A. Noire. Max Payne 3. These are games on a whole other level than the competition. If you miss out on a Rockstar game, it’s your loss.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewreply/244/

I enjoyed it

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Same here. Enjoyed it to death. Everything about it was a tribute to the original without being a cut and dry rehash.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

It was actually the first Max Payne game I ever played, and I managed to pick it up for half price, but I really enjoyed it too. It had good gameplay, a good story, and I liked that they went for something of an unconventional setting; it was refreshing. I’d definitely recommend it to people.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top