• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3 2012

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yeah, Watch_Dogs looked amazing, could it be a launch next-gen game?
But at the same time they showed such a large gameplay section and it came out of nowhere, so weird…

Only disappointment was no news about Beyond Good and Evil 2

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

wilco - 04 June 2012 07:48 PM

Only disappointment was no news about Beyond Good and Evil 2

Not really a surprise though, with Ancel saying he’s targetting next-gen for that.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Ubisoft did really well with their very meaty footage of Assassin’s Creed 3 and Watch Dogs. I’m very excited for both titles. The star attraction is in about an hour though.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Dale Baldwin - 04 June 2012 08:04 PM

Not really a surprise though, with Ancel saying he’s targetting next-gen for that.

Didn’t know that… at least they said something about it, maybe it will come… someday

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

So glad I don’t bother watching the press conferences - they’re so lame. And as always, Microsoft had nothing interesting to show. They’re always trying to appeal to the casual/mass market. Bloody Kinect… Where are the actual GAMES!? ¬_¬

And I’m really not surprised that EA are tarnishing Dead Space; I knew right from the start they’d do that. Why the fuck would Isaac Clarke need someone to help him after everything he’s been through on his own?! At least they ditched the pointless and tacked-on multiplayer…

It feels FAR too soon for another Gears of War game! I wish Epic would focus on a new IP instead.

Splinter Cell is starting to wear thin; Tomb Raider looks more darker and violent, but I agree it’ll be too scripted and full of QTE. Again.

Assassin’s Creed III looks great and, yes, WatchDogs was by far the best thing shown! Grin

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

...And no Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher!! Not. Interested.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

DustyShinigami - 04 June 2012 08:36 PM

...And no Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher!! Not. Interested.

He was allegedly completely drunk when he did hte last game so not surprised he has been ditched.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Lucien21 - 04 June 2012 08:44 PM

He was allegedly completely drunk when he did hte last game so not surprised he has been ditched.

He was? I never knew that. But still, the series is just not the same anymore. Embarassed

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sony Vita doesnt offer much, Beyond will be amazing, GoW was as usual topnotch but its The last of Us that stole the conference, killer graphics detail.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Sony Conference

Seemd pretty content lite, but what they did show was great.

Beyond: Two Souls
David Cage’s new game. Follow 15 years in the life of this young woman who seems to have some kind of supernatural powers and an invisible friend. Why are people chasing her and what is her connection to the “Beyond”

Looked fantastic, but not a lot of gameplay on show.

Call of Duty and a Assassin’s Creed on the Vita

Assassin’s Creed III showed a fantastic ship battle. You sontrol the ship on the high seas with big rolling waves etc and controlling the cannons as you try to sink the English. Looked amazing.

Far Cry 3 showed off 4 player co-op.

God of War Ascencion showed hands on gameplay of the single player and it basically looked like a God of War game. It seemed to have some new magic create structures power otherwise looked fairly standard.

Last of Us looked superb in a hands on gameplay. Snaeking around trying to avoid other characters as you only have 6 bullets for the gun and limited inventory. Looked like it could be a lot of fun.

So no new hardware and very little in the way of gaming announcments.

I hate E3 at the end of console cycles they are so predictable and risk averse.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

The Last of Us, Watch Dogs and Beyond: Two Souls already has made for a damn good E3.

Bring on Pikmin 3! Tongue

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

D.C. - 04 June 2012 10:37 PM

The Last of Us, Watch Dogs and Beyond: Two Souls already has made for a damn good E3.

Yup

Add SW1313 to it, its on high end PC , looks nextgen

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

So what are our Christmas wish lists looking like?

Mine would be;

South Park RPG
Beyond
The Last of Us
Watch Dogs
Assassin’s Creed iii

Much better E3 than last year all up. The only folks left to steal the show are Nintendo.

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

It’ll be interesting to see how Beyond actually controls. Visually it looked like Heavy Rain, but there’s been no two Quantic Dream games that have played alike. (That’s been a good thing, so far. Tongue) I wonder if they’ll be showing off the gameplay on the floor? South Park looks like Obsidian’s most polished game yet.

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Sorry this thread has a lot of misjudgement for games shown. This press conference had shown some of the most amazing games I’ve ever seen.

Beyond, Assassins Creed 3, Assassins Creed 3: Liberation (finally a really great setting and new bloodline), Splinter Cell, Star Wars: 1313, Last of Us, Watch Dogs, etc.

Some of the most mind blowing games…..yet so many posts make it seem like nothing really happened. Seriously? Yet you would think Beyond Good & Evil trumps any of the games shown? No…never. Never ever. I love BG&E but damn did we see some amazing games shown today.

Resident Evil 6. People complain it lacks survival horror…i say fuck it. This looks like it would of been a great conclusion to a long running series, tying up so many storylines. The epic feel and action does the long story justice.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top