• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Divinity: Original Sin - New turn-based isometric RPG from Larian Studios

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Larian Studios is making a prequel to Divine Divinity for PC and Mac, and it sounds pretty cool. E.g. it’s partly inspired by Ultima VII.

A movie with some gameplay footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_oOQNJ6g8A4

Some of the features (copy/pasted from the official site):

- DISCOVER A WEALTH OF ITEM INTERACTION: if it’s not nailed to the ground, it can be moved, used or combined.

- Pursue the freedom and explore the depth of role-playing where CHOICES & CONSEQUENCES MATTER.

- EXPERIENCE COOPERATIVE MULTIPLAYER MODE: up to four players can fight and explore together; develop your characters individually.

- DISCOVER THE COOPERATIVE DIALOGUE SYSTEM: you don’t necessarily need to agree with each other!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I hear Divine Divinity was pretty good but never played it.

To be honest though i’ve about had it with Fantasy RPG’s. Can’t we do an RPG that doesn’t involve magic or elves etc.

We need more Sci-Fi or horror RPG’s

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2006-05-16

PM

Lucien21 - 29 May 2012 05:30 PM

To be honest though i’ve about had it with Fantasy RPG’s… We need more Sci-Fi or horror RPG’s

Well, I agree, but we just had Deus Ex 3, and the Mass Effect series.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

To be honest though i’ve about had it with Fantasy RPG’s. Can’t we do an RPG that doesn’t involve magic or elves etc.

We are getting the game ‘Cyberpunk’. Nuff said.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Monolith - 01 June 2012 09:38 PM

The what now?!
How did I not hear about this earlier?

I’m gonna go for the Witcher games after I read the book. Can’t wait for Cyberpunk, we spent quite a lot of great evenings with it.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

millenia - 02 June 2012 07:02 AM
Monolith - 01 June 2012 09:38 PM

The what now?!
How did I not hear about this earlier?

I’m gonna go for the Witcher games after I read the book. Can’t wait for Cyberpunk, we spent quite a lot of great evenings with it.

Same guys. The guys who made the Witcher games are making the Cyberpunk game

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yeah, I checked it out instantly after I read Monolith mention the game and found out it was the same makers, not a coincidence there Wink.

But great news anyway, a lot of good about the Witcher, its makers should be badass enough to make a decent Cyberpunk game.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Godsend Game is completely Godsend. I know. I’m completely ecstatic!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I checked out the video. It’s not isometric, but looks pretty good anyhow. Good to see more turn-based RPGs coming out.

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

The site where I picked up the news called it isometric, and it seems most sites do. But you’re right, the term has become a little watered down. I personally just use it as a ‘catch-all description’ (not including games with top-down camera though). It seems to be the industry standard these days to just include similar camera systems in one term…

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.giantbomb.com/e3-2012-go-inside-larian-studios-for-a-look-at-divinity-original-sin/17-6215/

E3 look at the new Divinity game

Roberta Williams

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

It’s the same movie as in the first post Wink

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Just shows I didn’t watch it. Lol

Roberta Williams

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2010-06-18

PM

Oh totally backed this! I Love Larian’s games. And seriously, an Ultima VII like turn based RPG with player and NPC reactivity and object interactivity? TAKE MY MONEY! Looks very pretty too, and I am excited about that editor it comes with.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top