• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

First, Covid19. And now Lighthouse wins. The Seven Seals of Revelations are broken?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Give me a day or two. I’m having a real problem downloading the game from GOG. Apparently I need a 2.0 update to DL the game. But when I try to install the update, I get an error message that tells me GOG is running and I have to close it in order to install the update. Duh! Of course it’s running. That’s where I found out there was an update to install.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

rtrooney - 23 September 2020 08:26 PM

Give me a day or two. I’m having a real problem downloading the game from GOG. Apparently I need a 2.0 update to DL the game. But when I try to install the update, I get an error message that tells me GOG is running and I have to close it in order to install the update. Duh! Of course it’s running. That’s where I found out there was an update to install.

Try downloading it for backup, not using GOG Galaxy. I did it that way without any problem.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I tried that but GOG Galaxy has snatched it anyway along with other games. I already got rid of GOG Galaxy once as it upset my system - I thought it had been fixed but it now keeps trying to add games that I have on Steam so I need to get rid of it again!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

How are you getting yours? I have the original discs, but am not good at configuring DOSbox or ScummVM.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

If you have problems, at the web site where I post my translations into Spanish there is a version ready for playing, with Dosbox and ScummVM. Just install and run.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

walas74 - 24 September 2020 01:28 PM

If you have problems, at the web site where I post my translations into Spanish there is a version ready for playing, with Dosbox and ScummVM. Just install and run.

And that web site is where…?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 24 September 2020 01:19 PM

How are you getting yours? I have the original discs, but am not good at configuring DOSbox or ScummVM.

If you’re downloading from GOG I just suggest that you uninstall GOG Galaxy & just download the backup files available. It shouldn’t be that you try to download the backup files as I did & GOG Galaxy takes over uninvited. Thumbs Up

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Karlok - 24 September 2020 01:37 PM
walas74 - 24 September 2020 01:28 PM

And that web site is where…?

Sorry, it is in Spanish. I didn’t write the url address because I didn’t know if I broke any rule of the forum by doing it.

But you can find the game with Dosbox in Adventure Legends.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just realized that I’m a day behind.  In my last post I said I needed Wednesday to get ready, but it was already Wednesday.  (I’ve been looking at these 4 walls too long, I think.)  Anyway, I should have everything ready by noon tomorrow (Fri.) at the latest.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Hey folks,I haven’t installed GOG galaxy, but there is an option to download backup files. I don’t know if Galaxy interferes with them, but for me, installing it is as simple as launching the download exe and following the instructions.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The thought that I might not be able to play the game I have fought so hard to get to the finish line is devastating to me. Nobody’s suggestions make any sense to me. Delete Gog Galaxy and download as a backup. What does that mean and how do I do it? (other than knowing how to delete it.) Use DOSbox/ScummVM? Didn’t I just say that I was unfamiliar with either. If you have specific instructions… and I mean specific, that suggestion doesn’t help me at all.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

SoccerDude - 24 September 2020 09:25 PM

Hey folks,I haven’t installed GOG galaxy, but there is an option to download backup files. I don’t know if Galaxy interferes with them, but for me, installing it is as simple as launching the download exe and following the instructions.

Download backup files from where?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

rtrooney - 24 September 2020 09:35 PM
SoccerDude - 24 September 2020 09:25 PM

Download backup files from where?

Go to GOG.com, make sure you are logged into your account. In the top menu, under your account name submenu, you should see Games as a submenu item. Click on that to go to your games. In the search box, search for Lighthouse. Click on the search result, and you should see two options. The first one is Download and Install Now (which is the one that uses their GOG Galaxy service). The second one is: Download offline backup game installers. This should download an exe installer which you should be able to run and install the game.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

And at what point am I supposed to pay for the game?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top