• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Baron_BlubbaCaliMonkchrissiediegoGabrielJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Scribblenauts on PC!

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

Here’s something I thought was one of those dream ideas that would never happen for various business reasons. And then it went and happened anyway. Since yesterday the latest Scribblenauts version is in fact out on Steam, including Steam Workshop support to let people add their own custom objects. Heart Eyes
And then I find out it’s only available in North and South America. Pan
Oh well. Apparently Europe is coming early next year; hopefully that means January.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

This was awesome news. I love the game, thought this new version looked even better, but was not going to buy a Wii U just to play it.

When I saw this on Steam, unfortunately, my excitement got the better of me, causing me to exclaim with joy, thus ruining the possibility of what would have been an AWESOME (and totally unexpected) Christmas gift opportunity for my son. I can still get it for him, but now the surprise will be completely gone. Oops.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I was so happy when they released the game on the iOS. Not to long ago when I saw this on steam, my mind was blown and I wished I had money to spend..well January is a long enough time away. Grin

Sadly we won’t get the awesome Mario content for the game.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I can’t count the times I was at a game store with ‘Scribblenauts’ (for the DS of course) in my hands, contemplating to buy it. I never did. Should I have???

How will the gameplay work for the PC?

I get the concept with a stylus, and even get it for the Wii-U, but for PC? This is not something that will work well with a mouse, imo…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

It will work well enough with a mouse im sure (in some ways better, because selecting letters with the stylus is a bit of a pain). But the experience is really designed around the touchscreen. I view it as sort of a novelty game, but its an amazing novelty game that i dont regret getting.
EDIT: after viewing the steam trailer its clear to me this is muuch more than a port and im pretty tempted to get it… will have to watch for sales.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

TimovieMan - 22 November 2012 02:40 PM

I can’t count the times I was at a game store with ‘Scribblenauts’ (for the DS of course) in my hands, contemplating to buy it. I never did. Should I have???

How will the gameplay work for the PC?

I get the concept with a stylus, and even get it for the Wii-U, but for PC? This is not something that will work well with a mouse, imo…

I don’t understand how WiiU or DS had anything special over the PC. Nothing offered much use for touch interfaces.

Think of the game like this. Each level is a simple scenario. You control the character like mario bros. You bring up the ‘create object’ dialog and you just type in the name of whatever you want to create. Then you drag that item where ever you want. Nothing special that requires a touch interace.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I think it will work fine on the PC.

The mouse will replace the touch screen.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Does anyone know - if someone from America gifts me a copy in Steam, will it work for me if I live in Europe? Or what will happen?

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Wow, what an amazing game. A huge improvement over the DS and iOS version. Grin So worth $29.99! lol I usually don’t spend so much on one game.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

I can actually see it in the store now. Looks like it’s coming to Europe on February 15.  Thumbs Up

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top