• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #55: Yesterday Origins

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I expected to have something relevant to write about my experience with the game after thinking about it for a few days. Unfortunately, I have barely given it a thought. The story apparently didn’t have much of an impact on me. The only thing about the ending that has popped up it my head is how weird the baby looks, having the facial proportions of a grown up.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I found the ending of this game to be the very best part.  Very different from your run of the mill game. At lest I thought.  One thing I like about the ending is the very strangeness of it. I do admit that some of the very last puzzles were very difficult. I myself used a walkthrough more than once. But after they were done the effect was worth it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I actually quite liked the ending as well. It was a bit unexpected and it kinda made me want to know about ACTUAL origins of John.

I think this game is a solid middle-of-the-road adventure. It’s not mindblowing, yeah, but it’s not a bad game either. It would’ve been better if they streamlined their interaction mechanics that started off like a unique spin on the regular but ended up being clunky. At least for use with a keyboard/mouse.
I also think the fact that virtually everyone is morally ambiguous (some more evil than others, but not the other way around) also prevented me from truly enjoying the game - there wasn’t anyone to root for, so to speak.
It was a decent thriller, I’m glad I played it. It won’t go to the “Best of” lists for me, but it was entertaining enough to sustain my interest throughout.

P.S. I’m not mentioning some contrived logic in puzzles because I feel like almost every adventure now has it to some degree. It’s medium-bad in this game. Smile

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I think this game is a solid middle-of-the-road adventure. It’s not mindblowing, yeah, but it’s not a bad game either. It would’ve been better if they streamlined their interaction mechanics that started off like a unique spin on the regular but ended up being clunky. At least for use with a keyboard/mouse.
I also think the fact that virtually everyone is morally ambiguous (some more evil than others, but not the other way around) also prevented me from truly enjoying the game - there wasn’t anyone to root for, so to speak.
It was a decent thriller, I’m glad I played it. It won’t go to the “Best of” lists for me, but it was entertaining enough to sustain my interest throughout.

I completely agree. A solid game but not a best of. Anyway, this CPT was actually very fun, I want to thank all that played.

Admin, please unhook this game. Players - please continue to post your comments on the game, good or bad.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I finished the game this weekend (very late, I know Laughing). I rather liked the ending, despite the final debauchery of violence being very on the nose. I liked how the same time sequence was played from two points of view, this type of puzzle-narrative is quite common in films and litterature but as far as I remember not so much in games - and after all that doesn’t surprise me considering how cinematic the game is aching to be. I agree it’s not a bad game, I would rate it just above average - too many clichés and too many bugs for it to be on the “good” end of the scale, despite its original storyline and generally decent puzzles.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

I too finally finished the game this week-end.

I also liked the ending, which kind of saved the game from mediocrity for me, and put it firmly in the “ok” category.
I agree with most of the above : good production values, unlikable characters (which breaks the immersion, and I especially hated John’s past as a torturer), interesting ideas like the zomming feature which aren’t really well implemented, some fine cinematic moments, a story that does the job but not much else…

I’m glad I played it, and it didn’t disappoint me the way Yesterday did, but I will still soon forget it.

12/20

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I could not agree more, I also enjoyed the ending, making this game more memorable for me.

Over all, it’s an above average game, lots of good points like the great graphics and strange story.

I’m glad I got to play it again, some games are more fun the second time around.

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ha! I’m playing for a third time and so far it’s simply excellent. Can’t believe at one time I thought the game was so so at best. I’ll learn from this experience for future games. I’ve other games that didn’t make me jump thru hoops the first time I played them so I’ll give them a second chance too. The Edna games come to mind.

Anyway, a completely charming game, as good as the first, which I loved too. I’m so glad we did a CPT of this game, it deserved it.

Anyway, after I play this, it’s time to replay Blacksad: Under the Skin, which I actually loved the first time around.

Here’s a question for you, which is a better dead, a collectible physical copy of an adventure game at $29.95 or a digital download at $8.95?

Heart

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Unless the game is so meaningful to you and the box art is so lovely that you can keep in on a shelf and derive pleasure just from seeing it, the digital copy.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Baron_Blubba - 19 June 2021 01:50 PM

Unless the game is so meaningful to you and the box art is so lovely that you can keep in on a shelf and derive pleasure just from seeing it, the digital copy.

My PS4/IOS generation is coming to an end in 5 months. I already bought the replacement systems - Alienware gaming computer and switch.

Now for current generation: I have 58 collectible games on the PS4, average price $29.95. I have 160 adventure games on IOS, average price $8.95

The advantage of collectible games like Blacksad, is yes, you get an art book, a CD of music a physical copy of the game and a full color book on the game and full color trading cards.

These go UP in value. For example, my Persona 4 Golden copy is worth 400 dollars.

So, I’ll buy digital releases, PC, IOS, etc. BUT I will always have a collectible system, next gen for me is the switch.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top