• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

RPGs recommendations ?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 27 January 2018 04:49 AM

So Advie when you gonna tell us which RPGs you have played from the recommendations? You can’t make a thread like this and not keep us updated Money Mouth

I never make a thread like these for my own recommendation, ‘you have known by now’ its thread for every adventurer who wants to approach RPGs and don’t wanna get disappointed from switching genres and haate the experience that s(he) never comes near it again.

but as for me, all the good RPGs recommended their my Sys Requirement are above mine, so I am just waiting to do my sys upgrade, any time soon.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Advie - 18 June 2018 01:51 AM

but as for me, all the good RPGs recommended their my Sys Requirement are above mine, so I am just waiting to do my sys upgrade, any time soon.

Oh come on, you played Dreamfall Chapters a game with very high sys reqs and there are plenty of very good RPGs below those sys reqs.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

NO Cyfoy (that is least can i use up from yer username letters that makes any kind of sense if you dont mind?)

Dreamfall chapter sys requirements:-

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2GHz or equivalent.
Memory: 3 GB RAM.
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000.
DirectX: Version 9.0c.
Storage: 12 GB available space.
Sound Card: Yes.

the bolded are my problem (not with DFC) with most of the RPGs that i really would like to play.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Anyone else played Ghost of a Tale?

Probably the most “adventure game”-like RPG I have encountered. There’s not really any action to speak of since it is stealth-based gameplay, and it’s just marvelously produced in every aspect.

It might look on the casual or “lite” side given all the furry animals, but don’t be fooled. There’s no map (although you can buy them) or quest markers, enemies are difficult to evade and you have to use your brain to make progress.

With a great story and NPCs, unique setting and gorgeous graphics, if you’re looking for an adventure-like RPG you couldn’t do better.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I can’t recommend Blue Reflection highly enough. It has a great story and character interaction. I am playing through for the third time. That says it all.

My RPG of the year!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

If you haven’t played the first Witcher, I’d recommend that one. It was my first, and for now only RPG and I loved it. I know it’s an older game, but considering that you can’t play the newer ones because of the sys reqs, I’d give it a go. I also don’t have a powerful machine to play the newer ones, so if someone can recommend me similar not too demanding games I’d be grateful. I’m playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution right now but don’t like it so far. Too much stealth and shooting for my taste.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Cheshire Cat - 12 September 2018 05:00 AM

If you haven’t played the first Witcher, I’d recommend that one. It was my first, and for now only RPG and I loved it. I know it’s an older game, but considering that you can’t play the newer ones because of the sys reqs, I’d give it a go. I also don’t have a powerful machine to play the newer ones, so if someone can recommend me similar not too demanding games I’d be grateful.

Risen. Absolute must-play RPG and better than Witcher imo.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

cyfoyjvx - 12 September 2018 05:26 AM

Risen. Absolute must-play RPG and better than Witcher imo.

Thank you! Got it from humblebundle for 75% off Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am playing Mask of Truth and it is quite a good game.

Best SJRPG I have played in quite a while.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

The Last Story - Wii RPG by Hironobu Sakaguchi

Played it on release, replayed it twice during the summer.

Very solid jRPG for old-school genre and Final Fantasy fans. Unlike new FFs that are pretty sterile and predictable in their approach to the story and plot/character development, TLS tries a lot of new things. It doesn’t always succeed, things might be a little melodramatic IMHO, some characters aren’t as fleshed out, battles are too easy once you figure out the battle system and the upgrade system is too simple for my taste, but for a 20-30 hours game, it does try a lot to change the stale jRPG formula from PS1 era.

The love story is unusually straightforward, but still very complicated (I know, it’s tough describing it without spoilers), some characters are very uncharacteristic fro the genre, the battle system is unique and amazing and FMVs still look good today.

IMHO, better 20-30 hours than 60+ I spent on FF13. I still have to try XV but I’m not very optimistic (aside maybe for gameplay)...

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top