• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cyberpunk 2077

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 08 June 2017 01:04 PM

That is such a di** move. They have to go and target one of the best and most customer friendly gaming companies in the world.

http://cyberpunk.gamepedia.com/Netrunner

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So CDP is customer friendly but employees handling is shit, lots of articles on glassdoor reports of disgruntled employees,bad politics, bad management, biased promotions and only few people doing main work with lots of crunch etc

Lead writer of witcher 3 has left for techland one who designed bloody baron too
And other major leads have left too (confirmed)

Also rumors circulating, pre 2016 production is canned due to too much hiring and bad management

Hype deflated

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 24 September 2017 06:04 AM

So CDP is customer friendly but employees handling is shit, lots of articles on glassdoor reports of disgruntled employees,bad politics, bad management, biased promotions and only few people doing main work with lots of crunch etc

Lead writer of witcher 3 has left for techland one who designed bloody baron too
And other major leads have left too (confirmed)

Also rumors circulating, pre 2016 production is canned due to too much hiring and bad management

Hype deflated

This is a problem in most gaming companies. Even when I was an engineer working on mobile games(which are less demanding than AAA games), we were subjected to long hours and unreasonable deadlines. I was so burned out and stressed it actually gave me chronic health issue. You probably also heard about the angry wife and EA lawsuit for long hour and weekend crunch, Bobby Kotick saying making games should not be fun, and Ono (SF director) collapsing due to exhaustion. It is really not worth working on games if you value your health or any kind of work/life balance.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 24 September 2017 08:20 AM

This is a problem in most gaming companies. Even when I was an engineer working on mobile games(which are less demanding than AAA games), we were subjected to long hours and unreasonable deadlines. I was so burned out and stressed it actually gave me chronic health issue. You probably also heard about the angry wife and EA lawsuit for long hour and weekend crunch, Bobby Kotick saying making games should not be fun, and Ono (SF director) collapsing due to exhaustion. It is really not worth working on games if you value your health or any kind of work/life balance.

Yes even R* was blamed for it
12 hrs drill, overkill tbh

Some companies like Ninjatheory and Hazelight are decent in maintaining the workhours and atmosphere but they are small teams

I am concerned due to not just crunch but people leaving, main talent
Considering the quality difference in witcher 2 and 3, i would atleast retain w3 team for Cpunk to get hype up unless they have better alternatives

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

[*]Cyberpunk 2077, tweeted *beep* after 5 years of silence.
[*]CDPR is listed as one of the participants of this year E3
[*]There was a a hidden message with “EEE” written on it (which could mean Electronic Entertainment Expo/E3), and it all happened during a recent presentation with CDPR’s president. There are two things pointing out that it was intentional, 1: the CDPR logo doens’t change, 2: in the video it is possible to see the president pressing a button at the exact same second the hidden message appears.
[*]Cyberpunk 2077 may be at this E3. (gryonline.com has sources saying that the game will be at E3 with a closed doors gameplay)
[*]gryonline.com said that the info profided by their sources fits with what a youtuber “LegacyKillaHD” that said CDPR have contacted sony to possibly to possibly prepare for a Playstation presentation (RUMOR)
[*]Perturbator may work in the game soundtrack. (he only hinted though)
[*]Bryan Mantia is working on the soundtrack according to him himself.
[*]The key points poster was spotted at CDPR studio very recently (implying those points haven’t changed since 2013)
[*]Adam Kcinski confirmed (again) that the game will have a custom character and multiple classes, he also said they’re ready for next generation.

[*]Peter Gelencser is back to the CDPR team after working on Watch Dogs 2.
[*]Kyle Rowley from Quantum Break is one of the big guys behind gameplay in CP2077.
[*]We also found out that this incredible artist has started working for CDPR. (notice that one of his works is labeled “Bath 2077”)

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

48 minutes of potential gameplay

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

looks, sounds and appears to ‘feel’ great… my kind of adventure! not a single 2D side of a building/street in sight for a start, phew!! Wink

A bit worried about Bethesda’s future tbh. Not sure where they’re taking themselves… So I respect CDPR for keeping monetization out of it, but recognizing fps as a good way to deliver an immersive adventure much like Bethesda have done (pre-creation club era).

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

markymint - 12 September 2018 03:56 AM

A bit worried about Bethesda’s future tbh. Not sure where they’re taking themselves…

But why,they’re good at making Fallout & TES series,so keep continue that easily.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

Oh they’re good at the development part certainly. But in my mind it’s because they (Bethesda) are now focussing on “games as service” model which is… pants. Creation Club was a direct result of “paid mods” being removed from Steam (Fallout 4 had NO micro-transactions in its first year). So the consumers said no to paid mods, but Beth didn’t like that answer. Granted, they’re on the lower end of the spectrum compared to some “games as service” companies but you can see them clearly eyeing up the competition, but that’s why I say I’m not sure where they’re heading.

It’s not clear cut just yet. It will be with F76 and the next TES. And when you think about it, no-one asked for Fallout 76. Monetized solo adventures are an ugly prospect. Better to test the water with a monetized multiplayer game first, eh? Well, they will probably be careful with it and they do seem to have a grasp on keeping it nuanced but… it is what it is Pan  They don’t make bold statements denouncing “games as service” and micro-transactions like CDPR have been with Cyberpunk 2077, which is why I find myself respecting their vision over my former favorite Bethesda right now, lol.

Number 5 in this list expands on the Bethesda thing:

and you’ve probably seen the videos showing Cyberpunk 2077 hidden messages about micro-transactions & DLC etc, if not, they’re out there Smile

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

New trailer out for cyberpunk 2077 starring Keanu Reeves CD projekt Red might be one of the best Studios out there. they also released what comes in the standard and deluxe edition and you get more stuff in the standard edition than most games deluxe editions.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Best cinematic rpg ever,a milestone achievement.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Reviews havent been overwhelming as expected, but I see where this is heading.
With time appropriate patchign and adjustments and game will be a classic regardless. I rarely play games on release, with my huge backlog on steam and all, so will see to this game in 1.5 year or so.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

PC reviews are highly positive. Runs like a dog on an original PS4 however. On a PS5 the game runs quite well. So, I’ll just get the PC version needless to say. I could be many months before PS5s are readily available at suggested retail prices.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Adv_Lvr - 12 December 2020 04:21 PM

PC reviews are highly positive. Runs like a dog on an original PS4 however. On a PS5 the game runs quite well. So, I’ll just get the PC version needless to say. I could be many months before PS5s are readily available at suggested retail prices.

Heart

Not on Gog they’re not. Rather a large number of 1* ratings and overall coming in at 3.5* which isn’t great.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Jabod - 13 December 2020 05:58 AM
Adv_Lvr - 12 December 2020 04:21 PM

Heart

Not on Gog they’re not. Rather a large number of 1* ratings and overall coming in at 3.5* which isn’t great.

If you care about user reviews. Being arguably one of the most hyped games ever people are going to have some gripes. It appeals to the GTA crowd, the rpg crowd, the graphics enthusiast crowd.. and it comes 5 years after witcher 3, a game that sets an extremely high quality bar. Nearly impossible for it to measure up to the hype. Anyway, so far i would say it is a pretty solid experience. Sidequests are a strong point, and thats good since sidequests are a big part of sandbox games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top