• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Spiderman game

Total Posts: 1605

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Just got the game today im downloading now, will post thoughts as i play it. Im super pumped though. Ive liked a lot of spiderman games from the past. This game looks awesome. Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Swinging through the city is fantastic.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Awesome game so far. I was so hyped about it, I bought this baby:

Also I live very close to Sony’s HQ in Northern America, so they had this up on their buildings:

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Just finished act 1 and im totally in love with this game, from combat, to web slinging to the gadgets. The story is awesome, and while the sidequest are not as deep as say the witcher, there is a lot of great meat on the bone, with some good surprises for spidey fans. To me this is better than the marvel movies. So far a 9.5/10 Heart  Heart Eyes

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

just beat the game one of the best gameplay experiences I have had this generation by far. I loved every second of it. Im going to try and platinum it now though, im very close. cant wait for the dlc 10/10 for me. what did yall think

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Defintly a 5/5 for me. I just finished the main story with 87% completion so I have a bunch of side stuff to do. Mostly challenges and crimes as I have most of the other collectibles.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s Assassin’s Creed + Batman Arkham City with great travel mechanics. Liking it so far.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Yeah i hate collection stuff in 99 percent of games. But swinging around the city is so much fun that i dont care lol.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Finally nailed the Platinum. Getting all the suits was a pain in the butt as it meant getting a lot of challenge tokens. I managed to gold all the stealth ones to make up for the mostly bronze drone challenge ones.

Looking forward to the DLC now.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

It is a good game, not great. Lots of flaws. The good are the gameplay mechanics, the swinging, the graphics, and the polish. Story and boss fights are super cool.

The bad
- very boring and repetitive side missions. 3x bases and 4x crimes. Where is the variety?
- Too much “inspiration” from the Arkham games. Even the finisher has the same buttons.
- Not fond of the in-your-face SJW agenda : The whole MJ doesn’t need saving theme that feels like it took a page from Sarkisian’s damsels in distress playbook. Oh and Spidy is black now because every media needs PC racial representation.
- This is not the game’s fault but more insomniac’s. They gave away waaaaay too much that nothing came as a surprise. I wonder how I would have felt if I didn’t know the following:Fisk is the first boss fight. MJ is playable. Lots of emphasis on Peter’s story. Martin Li, aka Mister negative is the main villain with the whole contruction yard helicopter scene shown. And here’s the kicker: the sinister 6 are in the game. That would have been so cool to experience for the first time but they had to show that whole raft sequence at E3,

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

SoccerDude - 20 September 2018 10:30 PM

It is a good game, not great. Lots of flaws. The good are the gameplay mechanics, the swinging, the graphics, and the polish. Story and boss fights are super cool.

The bad
- very boring and repetitive side missions. 3x bases and 4x crimes. Where is the variety?
- Too much “inspiration” from the Arkham games. Even the finisher has the same buttons.
- Not fond of the in-your-face SJW agenda : The whole MJ doesn’t need saving theme that feels like it took a page from Sarkisian’s damsels in distress playbook. Oh and Spidy is black now because every media needs PC racial representation.
- This is not the game’s fault but more insomniac’s. They gave away waaaaay too much that nothing came as a surprise. I wonder how I would have felt if I didn’t know the following:Fisk is the first boss fight. MJ is playable. Lots of emphasis on Peter’s story. Martin Li, aka Mister negative is the main villain with the whole contruction yard helicopter scene shown. And here’s the kicker: the sinister 6 are in the game. That would have been so cool to experience for the first time but they had to show that whole raft sequence at E3,

while I agree with some of this. aka the clear the base missions with 4 different factions was a bit much, and the sjw angle with mj was meh (although it was a lot more subtle here than in horizon zero dawn where aloy literally goes why is there only sun kings and gods, do all gods have balls)

as far as miles morales, he is from the comics and im glad they used him to potentially team up with peter parker, and did not use him to replace him.

I actually felt like the combat was handled better here than in the batman games although I liked the stealth better in the batman games.

I also 100 percent the game

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Jdawg445 - 20 September 2018 11:50 PM

as far as miles morales, he is from the comics and im glad they used him to potentially team up with peter parker, and did not use him to replace him.

Miles is from the comics? I did not know that. The last Spider-Man comic book series I read was Ultimate Spider-Man by Bendis, and that had Peter Parker as Spider-Man. I guess comics (as well as movies, TV shows, games etc…) are all going the PC/inclusive route. Don’t take me wrong, it’s not that I don’t want black super heroes. Like Luke Cage for example, I think he’s great. It’s just that Peter Parker (as well as Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent etc..) are such iconic characters that it feels wrong to replace them. Why not create a new black super hero with his own series and abilities? That’s my take on it anyway. Still the fact that they are keeping Parker is a good decision from a gameplay mechanic. I’m guessing he’ll be the teacher to train Miles in the sequel, and Miles being a rookie means he will have a whole skill tree to unlock.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Everything in the same is from the comics in one way or another.

Miles powers in the comics are slightly different from Peters. He can camoflage himself and has a energy venom strike.

He was originally the Ultimate Universe Spidey when that version of Perter was killed. Now the universes have merged with the 616 universe.

MJ in the comics has always been written as Lois Lane type rather than the damsel in distress trope she has been in the movies.

Neither has anything to do with SJW bullshit.

The DLC will supposedly let you play as Black Cat and Heaven forbid, maybe they will even let you play as Spider-Gwen or Spider-Woman in the sequel.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Lucien21 - 21 September 2018 02:50 AM

Everything in the same is from the comics in one way or another.

Miles powers in the comics are slightly different from Peters. He can camoflage himself and has a energy venom strike.

He was originally the Ultimate Universe Spidey when that version of Perter was killed. Now the universes have merged with the 616 universe.

MJ in the comics has always been written as Lois Lane type rather than the damsel in distress trope she has been in the movies.

Neither has anything to do with SJW bullshit.

The DLC will supposedly let you play as Black Cat and Heaven forbid, maybe they will even let you play as Spider-Gwen or Spider-Woman in the sequel.

Not entirely true in the old comics mj is written as a supermodel and kind of ditzy and if I remember correctly she was kind of that way in the animated series too.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Jdawg445 - 21 September 2018 06:58 AM

Not entirely true in the old comics mj is written as a supermodel and kind of ditzy and if I remember correctly she was kind of that way in the animated series too.

Things have changed since the old days.

She was a highly successful Supermodel, at various point has had a Psychology degree, owned/ran a night club, got Spider powers, was Red Sonja more than once and currently works at Starks Industry (wore the Iron Spider suit at one point)

She’s a fiery Red head.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Lucien21 - 21 September 2018 08:45 AM
Jdawg445 - 21 September 2018 06:58 AM

Things have changed since the old days.

She was a highly successful Supermodel, at various point has had a Psychology degree, owned/ran a night club, got Spider powers, was Red Sonja more than once and currently works at Starks Industry (wore the Iron Spider suit at one point)

She’s a fiery Red head.

I agree and I’m glad they gave her stuff to do but I did feel like she was a straight rip off of Lois Lane. I wish they would have let her work at Stark Industries or maybe even work for the mayor’s office and she knew something was fishy with the Osbornes and decides to investigate. going that route instead of being a Lois Lane investigative journalist for the paper.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top