• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Persona 5

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This game deserves it’s own thread. We still get AA games with jaw-dropping graphics with adventure game qualities these days and nothing proves that more than Persona 5.

I am currently 32 hours into the game and could not be happier - a rare mix of an adventure game, dating sim and JRPG all rolled into one.

I will actually be delayed in playing The Silver Case and Syberia 3 because of this game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

P5 is solid AAA
It cant get better than this
On last quarter of game

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn game pulled Phoenixwright twist in Persona5 style
Even though there was heavy foreshadowing still how they tackled and fooled me was genius

Everything fits, all components are interlinked in gameplay and story
Brilliant stuff

Word of caution: Make a save file for each month

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sounds great, I am not at that point yet, looking forward to getting there!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Since wilco also has just started some starter tips

Spend as much as you can on Charm, Guts and Knowledge…Kindness should be just at level 2 for first 3 dungeons

I am at place where i might not be able to reach level10 with all confidants , since all of them are necessary for extra custscenes and gameplay perks….keep your schedule in check
But i will replay this game anyway in japanese VO and for other stuff i am leaving deliberately, plus newgame+

Abuse network in class room , when you are asked a MCQ, press network button to guess right answer, its good way to get free knowledge
Remember the description of MCQs explained by faculty for exams

Make sure to make progress with Sadayo kawakami asap, she is most game changer confidant
You will miss out major stuff, this is where game shines Smile

Try to visit all shops and accessible locations to have them open as fast travel, you can miss many shops and extra stuff like odd Jobs

There is a conversation mini game to capture Shadows, there is guide online for their nature and how to reply, that alone is more fun than most AGs that cant get conversation puzzle wrong

I am on Dungeon 7 and they just keep on delivering unique stuff, great design
This is just one factor that alone make its better than all the previous Persona

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Thanks for the tips. Game has a lot to take in, I’m really just at beginning.
Game looks so freaking stylish, immediately reminded of the best anime series of all time - Cowboy Bebop

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 14 April 2017 09:36 AM

Since wilco also has just started some starter tips

Spend as much as you can on Charm, Guts and Knowledge…Kindness should be just at level 2 for first 3 dungeons

I am at place where i might not be able to reach level10 with all confidants , since all of them are necessary for extra custscenes and gameplay perks….keep your schedule in check
But i will replay this game anyway in japanese VO and for other stuff i am leaving deliberately, plus newgame+

Abuse network in class room , when you are asked a MCQ, press network button to guess right answer, its good way to get free knowledge
Remember the description of MCQs explained by faculty for exams

Make sure to make progress with Sadayo kawakami asap, she is most game changer confidant
You will miss out major stuff, this is where game shines Smile

Try to visit all shops and accessible locations to have them open as fast travel, you can miss many shops and extra stuff like odd Jobs

There is a conversation mini game to capture Shadows, there is guide online for their nature and how to reply, that alone is more fun than most AGs that cant get conversation puzzle wrong

I am on Dungeon 7 and they just keep on delivering unique stuff, great design
This is just one factor that alone make its better than all the previous Persona

Or just use a 100% completion walkthrough.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 14 April 2017 01:07 PM

Game looks so freaking stylish, immediately reminded of the best anime series of all time - Cowboy Bebop

Reminded me of Samurai champloo as well, as well as best for ProductionIG and Madhouse

wilco - 14 April 2017 01:07 PM

Thanks for the tips. Game has a lot to take in, I’m really just at beginning.

No-good Tora - 14 April 2017 01:46 PM

Its not even 5%
And walkthrough will spoil fun

Talking about solutions, Dungeons have so many confusing puzzles , oldschool keys/Doors/switches/Backtracking/navigation etc

On some Portal like puzzles i spent good 45 mins

Oldschool is cool

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

85hrs in

I can understand now why Atlus has hard blocked sharing
One pic could spoil the last dungeon twist

Shit just got real

Beware of youtube

As of now, P5 is shaping to be GoTY

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

umadsoul - 14 April 2017 03:01 PM

Walkthroughs can’t spoil JRPG’s. They are usually linear enough to never get stuck on your own anyway. Walkthroughs remedy JRPG’s biggest bane: permanent missables.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Game has some Digital Devil Saga bits too, feeling nostalgic

No-good Tora - 15 April 2017 09:51 PM

They are usually linear enough to never get stuck on your own anyway

Morelike posting in threads to kill time without knowing content and playing game

P5 has AG type puzzles and social sim system thats anything but linear
Infact now that i cannot return to main game in last dungeon , i have lost some content,cutscenes, paths and stuff etc which i didnt know i will do in newgame+
Or things i have to choose over other due to time conflict

There is alot of new shit in P5 that JRPGs of past have never done
Cool mechanics, some even better than AGs of today like conversations and building relationships…miss a sidequest and you will lose whole character and with him a whole mechanic in dungeon sections…so yeah what feels like filler content in the end of game has actual effect on your dungeon powers and more

And consulting walkthrough will destroy the story revelations, P5 story in itself is 10/10

So guys do all side missions in Mementos as soon as get them
As you know your time will conflict to deal with multiple relationships at once
I avoided them mostly because main story line tempo was so addictive

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Annnnnd Finished

JRPG reinvigorated

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/34/P585/#132322

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 16 April 2017 11:53 AM

Annnnnd Finished

JRPG reinvigorated

Nice! New game+ now? Smile

This game is making me think Switch is a good idea. I wish I could pick it up and continue playing on the go.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 16 April 2017 01:23 PM
nomadsoul - 16 April 2017 11:53 AM

Annnnnd Finished

JRPG reinvigorated

Nice! New game+ now? Smile

This game is making me think Switch is a good idea. I wish I could pick it up and continue playing on the go.

First i have to load savegame and do bad endings , then final decisions to hang around with other waifus since you can only select one in some parts
Then Nier other final main endings

But Newgame+ in japanese VO is a lock for future no wonder

As far as mobile goes

Before it was decided that the game would be released exclusively for the PlayStation 3, it was also discussed internally to move the series to mobile gaming devices like the PlayStation Vita or smartphones. Eventually, Hashino and his team chose the PlayStation 3 as they felt that fans would love to see another game for home consoles

So technically you have the portable console since Vita can manage it easily
But i am glad that they went full on production wise for console versions

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ann just showed her Persona! Waifu nº1! Smile

Game is like Persona 4 so far but with some better minor gameplay changes and looking a lot better because of the console.
You don’t mess with what is almost perfect so I’m happy

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 18 April 2017 10:09 AM

Ann just showed her Persona! Waifu nº1! Smile

Game is like Persona 4 so far but with some better minor gameplay changes and looking a lot better because of the console.
You don’t mess with what is almost perfect so I’m happy

Oh just wait till you see other personas
Will give my waifu ratings later

I think the whole appinvade mechanic is genius and will go to places in both plot and mechanics and is more better than last personas basic plot

Its just started things will go bonkers

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top