• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your most anticipated game sequals and remakes?(which may never get release)

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

My favs are some action adventure games from past century hope they get proper remakes like deserved oneday or a sequal eventually.

-Heretic 2 1998 Remember it as have most advanced action animation in it’s time for a tps with great fantasy settings.

-Outcast 1999 First full 3d open map world sci-fi themed tps even offers you a ride.

-Nocturne 1999 Horror flick theme tps blends well with wry humour.

-NOLF(2) 2000-02 60’s spycomic flick theme fps with perfect sense of style.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Well great list there Gabe, but Outcast is brewing

My list,

Japan( Capcom and Konami sitting on Goldmine)

Haunting Ground 2 - Best Hide and Seek horror in market imo, dead like ClockTower

DinoCrisis - With success of Jurassic park and sales of Evilwithin and recent horror re-emergence, time could not be more right, and it sold quite good too back in the day
Hopefully not outsourced to west like DR series or LP3

Onimusha- Oni1&2 had licensed Jap stars so i wonder if they could be remastered , still series is ripe for more

SilentHills - Sasha gray to Ito, FoxEngine to Del toro all lost thanks to kojima money bleeding

Castlevania- In ideal world Fromsoftware can make best 3D CV game

Metroid Prime 4 - Well Shitendo

3D Contra(like ps2 ver) - Well Konami

Project Enders - My fav kojima game was ZoneofEnders2 , and his next ZoE looked badass, but again thanks to his bad project management and obsession over MGS, it got killed like SHs

Deadly Premonition 2 - Was set in New Orleans, too bad Swery left and now dont own the IP

West

Getaway3 - Recently posted the Amsterdam trailer in other thread,Shame on Sony for killing London Studio, Getaway was for me >>> GTA

SleepingDogs2 - My best open worlds RDR >Getaway> Sleeping dogs so bad news that no SD2

FearEffect3- I love this series, FE3 was mostly done, pissed that plug was pulled off and now we lost the gem, recent KS with overhead view was a joke

GrayMatter2 - Moebius was so bad and GM was so good , and JJ wont return

EternalDarkness 2 - People dont know what gaming is if they havent played ED1, and ED2 could have been stellar

Prey2- Well cyberpunk x free running made by Humanhead , Damn Bethesda

Last Chapter of Legacy of Kain - Best story in any medium IMO, never ended with final chapter

Omikron 2 - Its sad to know that it existed in Cage’s mind and he relegated to emotions and QTEs

Anachronox 2 - That cliffhanger, Tom hall could use UE4 to end the saga with one big shot at galaxy , not gonna happen

Starwars1313 - Yeah Amyhennig can use that setting and pull a stunner, hopefully but i doubt DICE engine could look like reveal trailer

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

That’s good news i didn’t hear it much since kickstarter failed.
DinoCrisis was something else definately worths a remake.
Hope Konami get the kinks out finally.
Omikron 2 - That’s the fifth entry for my list.
Anachronox 2 -Really like to see if its ever shapes up.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Beyond Good and Evil 2 - I still don’t believe it’s coming…
NOLF - Not sure if a sequel would ever do it justice but at least a re-release of the classics…
Kotor 3 - Obsidian doing it , not the crappy MMO
Onimusha reboot
Okami 2 - from Platinum
Deadly Premonition 2
A good Sonic game - Actually Sonic Mania might be that
GTA Vice City 2 - We are never going back it, are we?
Giants - Citizen Kabuto 2
Blood 3?!? - Doom reboot style
Little Big Adventure 3 - Same art style

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 January 2017 04:12 PM

Beyond Good and Evil 2 - I still don’t believe it’s coming…
NOLF - Not sure if a sequel would ever do it justice but at least a re-release of the classics…
Kotor 3 - Obsidian doing it , not the crappy MMO
Onimusha reboot
Okami 2 - from Platinum
Deadly Premonition 2
A good Sonic game - Actually Sonic Mania might be that
GTA Vice City 2 - We are never going back it, are we?
Giants - Citizen Kabuto 2
Blood 3?!? - Doom reboot style
Little Big Adventure 3 - Same art style

NOLF should exist just because of Cosplay potential, i have some well known in contacts Wink
+1 for Giants
And only thing that can break internet after GTAV is Miami setting, so with NYC and Cali done , there is only Miami/Vice city
btw you missed Asscreed Africa,Brazil,Aussie etc Wink

Edit

Enders, them chills down the spine

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 20 January 2017 04:24 PM

btw you missed Asscreed Africa,Brazil,Aussie etc Wink

Those are all happening! Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

He is still salty
Maybe he was incorporating his cancelled game ideas from Insane
Now both are dead

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

- Planescape Torment 1999 I know that Tides of Numenera comin but really like to see a fully dubbed remake and instead of iso perspective rendered with like redengine,might be mind blowing for this timeless classic.

-Blade Runner 1997 Now BR2049 appeared on horizon a new action adventure highly welcome,but recreating original Syd Mead designed universe would be more than astounding.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 23 January 2017 06:32 AM

- Planescape Torment 1999 I know that Tides of Numenera comin but really like to see a fully dubbed remake and instead of iso perspective rendered with like redengine,might be mind blowing for this timeless classic.

-Blade Runner 1997 Now BR2049 appeared on horizon a new action adventure highly welcome,but recreating original Syd Mead designed universe would be more than astounding.

Torment ToN is gonna deliver, but man making this in 3D gonna bankrupt that company

And Cyberpunk2077 is basically our BR fix

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Love the suggestions on Omikron 2 and NOLF.

I would personally like to see a Freelancer remake or a working server for City of Heroes.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I want another Bioshock. Perhaps set in a hidden metropolis in the deepest, darkest Africa.

In terms of GTA/Red Dead - I just want Rockstar to attempt another serious game. Move away from the cheap gags. See if you can top Red Dead Redemption, which they have not accomplished yet.

Little Big Adventure 3 definitely and always but I’m still waiting for 2Dark to be completed.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-11-04

PM

I’ll add my vote to Gray Matter 2. Also a proper Monkey Island 3 done by Mr. Gilbert

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

nomadsoul - 20 January 2017 01:22 PM

SilentHills - Sasha gray to Ito, FoxEngine to Del toro all lost thanks to kojima money bleeding.

Definitely Silent Hill. ^ You know, almost everywhere everybody do the easy and criticize and throw stones at Konami and only at Konami (it is easy to do that after all) but few people dare to say that Kojima was a machine of losing money.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Renacimiento - 30 January 2017 03:11 PM
nomadsoul - 20 January 2017 01:22 PM

SilentHills - Sasha gray to Ito, FoxEngine to Del toro all lost thanks to kojima money bleeding.

Definitely Silent Hill. ^ You know, almost everywhere everybody do the easy and criticize and throw stones at Konami and only at Konami (it is easy to do that after all) but few people dare to say that Kojima was a machine of losing money.

Not only that it was Konami who was responsible for PT or this direction

“In the past I’ve mentioned Silent Hill in interviews, and as a result of that the president of Konami rung me up and said he’d like me to make the next Silent Hill”

https://www.destructoid.com/konami-has-asked-hideo-kojima-to-helm-silent-hill-235750.phtml

Immediately after this news back then i twitted Kojima, please make SH on FoxEngine as President said, and sometime later PT dropped, i was like hell yeah then you know what happened next

Also he wanted it to be open world , that was bad direction a tight 10 to 12 hrs game like RE7 in 2 years would have been awesome, but his complex of GTA/Skyrim got better of him

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Geez, sounds like we dodged a bullet?

I knew a Kojima-led Silent Hill would not have come even close to the interesting tight storytelling of the original series but the posts above make it sound like it could have been even more bloated and incomprehensible.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

thejobloshow - 30 January 2017 08:23 PM

Geez, sounds like we dodged a bullet?

I knew a Kojima-led Silent Hill would not have come even close to the interesting tight storytelling of the original series but the posts above make it sound like it could have been even more bloated and incomprehensible.

Though PT worked for what it was
After MGSV plot , i had lost faith in kojima’s focus
but again there was Deltoro game and Ito involvement which could have made it somewhat interesting, this was deltoro game(Insane) which was cancelled and then ideas were transferred to PT in some capacity

I would take Deltoro return too, but i wonder if anyone can get him back to gaming now
except kojima

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top