• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

knights of the old republic 2 (SPOILERS)

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

well finally getting around to playing the 2nd kotor game and really liking it so far. I got it after the huge official patch and on sale on steam for 3 dollars. I figured I would post some general thoughts. first I have found only one bug so far and thats with audio sometimes being skipped like I hit the A button but I have not. the game on pc now allows you to use a controller and works great with the 360 controller, you can also switch to a full screen mode, I stream it to my tv and it looks great. In fact with all the upgrades you can do in the menu options the game looks pretty good even for modern standards (full disclosure im not a graphic junkie). I will no post some general positives and negatives so far. I just got my lightsaber an I am on the first planet after the introduction. Im doing most sidequest so far steam has clocked me at 14 hrs

Positives so far

1. this game is a lot darker than the first game with a lot more shades of grey. The writers spend a lot of time showing you that even though you are being kind and a “good jedi” bad things can and will still happen.

2. The story seems smaller and more intimate which I am really enjoying, your character has an interesting backstory and I like it that the devs let you fill in the holes how you see fit.

3. Characters- characters are half and half so far I like Atton even though he is a poor man’s carth lol, but he has an interesting backstory. I like kierra as she is very mysterious. the blind sith seems interesting so far but cant say yet. the only two characters who are not doing it for me so far are the guy that calls you general, and the last handmaiden, both of those I find boring and dull so far. I like the characters in kotor 2 but they dont hold a candle to kotor 1’s characters to me yet.

4. I feel like you get a lot more force powers and they are cool, and I like some of the new animations

negatives

1. Once again just like the first game, they find a reason you dont have a lightsaber and I feel it takes a tad too long to get one.

2. Leveling up and difficulty- so far I find this game to be way too easy, and your characters level up way too fast. I have not looked at any guide but maybe I just lucked out and picked the right skills. even though im a jedi im using force lightning and just walking through the bad guys with ease. I made a save to test out my new saber and I slaughtered the entire exchange on the planet without breaking a sweat.

3. Even though the story is very interesting I find the actual dialogue to be a bit too wordy. for instance (spoiler) I just heard atton’s backstory about how he use to hunt and kill jedi and it was very interesting and awesome, the only problem is it went on a tad too long with slightly too much dialogue. not a huge issue but they could have trimmed some of the fat.

4. I know this game was rushed by lucas but some of the backgrounds just repeat way too much; corridor after corridor of the same bland backgrounds.

5. Finally peragus mining facility just went on entirely too long, had some cools scenes but half of that should have been cut out.

overall though so far really enjoying it give it an 8.5 outta 10. I will post more as I play

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jdawg445 - 18 November 2015 09:29 AM

2. Leveling up and difficulty- so far I find this game to be way too easy, and your characters level up way too fast. I have not looked at any guide but maybe I just lucked out and picked the right skills. even though im a jedi im using force lightning and just walking through the bad guys with ease. I made a save to test out my new saber and I slaughtered the entire exchange on the planet without breaking a sweat.

Wait until you reach level 15 and get access to the prestige classes. You’ll be an unstoppable god after that.

The only parts of the game that had any real difficulty are the ones where your party gets split up and you have to play as one of your companions without backup.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

just beat the game what a great dark star wars story, too bad there is obvious a lot of cut content

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Both Kotor games are great! I have played first one over ten times through. Epic stories, music and locations!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

agreed but I love how kotor 2 flipped the idea of good and evil on its head.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jdawg445 - 09 January 2016 03:48 PM

That’s Chris Avellone for you. In Star Wars, most things are black/white. For Avellone, everything is grey. Wickedly grey. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

TimovieMan - 09 January 2016 04:14 PM
Jdawg445 - 09 January 2016 03:48 PM

That’s Chris Avellone for you. In Star Wars, most things are black/white. For Avellone, everything is grey. Wickedly grey. Cool

agreed I love kiera’s whole angle she was basically used and abused by both the jedi and sith. she ultimately blamed the force as the reason why it happened to her and said fudge it, lets kill god aka the force itself

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top