• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cyberpunk 2077

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

zane - 13 December 2020 01:36 PM
Jabod - 13 December 2020 05:58 AM
Adv_Lvr - 12 December 2020 04:21 PM

PC reviews are highly positive. Runs like a dog on an original PS4 however. On a PS5 the game runs quite well. So, I’ll just get the PC version needless to say. I could be many months before PS5s are readily available at suggested retail prices.

Heart

Not on Gog they’re not. Rather a large number of 1* ratings and overall coming in at 3.5* which isn’t great.

If you care about user reviews. Being arguably one of the most hyped games ever people are going to have some gripes. It appeals to the GTA crowd, the rpg crowd, the graphics enthusiast crowd.. and it comes 5 years after witcher 3, a game that sets an extremely high quality bar. Nearly impossible for it to measure up to the hype. Anyway, so far i would say it is a pretty solid experience. Sidequests are a strong point, and thats good since sidequests are a big part of sandbox games.

I’ve not played the game Zane and nor am I likely to. Since even I’d heard all the hype about it I thought I’d see how well it had gone down to find that a lot of GoG purchasers found it buggy, wouldn’t run and something of an over-hyped disappointment.
I was just raising a counterpoint to Adv-Lvr’s claim that PC reviews are highly positive as that appears to be somewhat arguable.
Main thing is that you’re enjoying it which makes it a worthwhile expenditure on your part and I hope that you continue in that vein Thumbs Up

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am looking forward to it, I’ll be getting the PC version of course. No PS4 purchase here! Sounds like one of the best RPGs of all time.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Adv_Lvr - 13 December 2020 05:07 PM

I am looking forward to it, I’ll be getting the PC version of course. No PS4 purchase here! Sounds like one of the best RPGs of all time.

Heart

Sony have removed it from their PlayStation store due to all of its problems:

Sony pulls Cyberpunk 2077

Life is what it is.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yep, don’t see how they can fix it too. Best just release it for the PS5 and call it a day. I am only interested in the PC version, that one has rave reviews on high end gaming rigs.

I just read the customer comments and allot of people hate this game. I won’t get it anytime soon. I’ll just wait a long time and hope they patch it. With patches and at a bargain price I’ll risk it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2020-01-21

PM

I had this pre-ordered on GOG, and going by their system requirements, I figured I could run the game on medium settings. I started the game and created my character without issue, but once I got in-game it slowed to about 5fps. I tried everything to get it to run better, putting all the settings to their lowest, but to no avail.

Instead of getting a refund I just opted to stream the game via Geforce Now. Playing the game on a rig that can actually handle it, I can honesty say I like the game. However,
the criticisms regarding performance are valid, and I am glad players and critics alike aren’t giving a pass to unfinished products like they used to. It’s a shame so much of the coverage around Cyberpunk 2077 is focused on it’s performance issues and not the gameplay, but seeing as not everyone has a high-end PC to run the game stably, I guess CD Project Red made their bed.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I may just not buy this game. I’ve heard so much bad about it - why take the risk? Maybe when it’s dirt cheap I’ll risk it.

Heart

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I called this in march, I knew something just was not right with the game. The gameplay trailers just seemed off to me

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2021-01-19

PM

I preordered it and played it on Day 1. It looks amazing but it feels so hollow. I think they have lost their indie edge and just become like every other mega studio.

Been playing games since ‘82

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2021-01-21

PM

larrygrover - 20 January 2021 04:01 AM

I preordered it and played it on Day 1. It looks amazing but it feels so hollow. I think they have lost their indie edge and just become like every other mega studio.

I agree my dude. It was a shell of an experience. The bugs drove me up the wall. Maybe I will revisit this cluster-f@@@@@ ina few months. Until then avoid like the plague.

Kickass mom of three boys! I love adventure games of all types.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2021-01-21

PM

Ok, the new patch made it playable - my hope has been restored some-what.
Edit…it crashed!

Kickass mom of three boys! I love adventure games of all types.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top