• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers keeps freezing on me

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

This has been happening for about the last 2 weeks, it’s similar to Lady K’s problem except this occurs on accessing forum threads - I can only browse for a few minutes before I get a message that Internet Explorer has to close as AG is not responding & then I get a prompt to refresh the thread. I’m sorry but AG is the only place where I’m having this problem but I don’t know why? Help!!!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The same thing happened to me last night in the adventure game section.  There’s a looping video at the bottom of the page called Health Theater that may be the problem.

Image Attachments

Health_Theater_1.png

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

I’ll make sure Marek sees this thread, in case that is indeed causing problems (or, well, even if it’s not. Tongue).

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 22 February 2016 12:33 PM

The same thing happened to me last night in the adventure game section.  There’s a looping video at the bottom of the page, like a YouTube ad, that may be the problem.

Thanks Lady Kestrel - it does seem Ads are to blame except they haven’t been a problem until recently when I’ve started to get an audio one! I appreciate that the Ads help the site but I can’t stay if I can’t access the site because of them - help! how can this be resolved?

EDIT: Thanks Jackal, I’ve just seen your post too!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I also get an intrusive voice once in a while.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i have similar issues but only when using a phone to access the site.

Total Posts: 124

Joined 2013-08-10

PM

I’ve been having this problem lately across a bunch of sites I visit, along with some Flash crashes within Chrome. It may be some sort of bug in Flash that’s been introduced in a recent update.

K R Parkinson - Staff Writer

Contact: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Firefox + the latest Flash here = no problems
(Then again I use NoScript…)

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Google Chrome + AdBlocker (my setup at home): no issues whatsoever.

Internet Explorer without AdBlocker (my setup at work): hangs if I open too many threads at once.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for the replies folks! The freeze issue remains a pita to the point I have to type out my reply in Word & then post very quickly!

I’ve got Internet Explorer; it works perfectly well everywhere else so where do I get Ad Blocker from please?

Total Posts: 448

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

chrissie - 23 February 2016 02:29 PM

I’ve got Internet Explorer; it works perfectly well everywhere else so where do I get Ad Blocker from please?

Here chrissie: AdBlock Plus. Just curious…why are you still using IE when there are several much better and safer browsers out there?  Smile

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Mike the Wino - 23 February 2016 04:26 PM

Here chrissie: AdBlock Plus. Just curious…why are you still using IE when there are several much better and safer browsers out there?  Smile

Many thanks Mike!  Thumbs Up I’ve probably stuck with IE as it’s what I know & for the most part haven’t had too much trouble with on this PC (touch wood!) for the last 4 + years - I tried a couple of other browsers in the past Firefox & also Google Chrome I think & both seemed to present a conflict somewhere at the time - maybe I should try again?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

chrissie - 24 February 2016 12:35 PM
Mike the Wino - 23 February 2016 04:26 PM

Many thanks Mike!  Thumbs Up I’ve probably stuck with IE as it’s what I know & for the most part haven’t had too much trouble with on this PC (touch wood!) for the last 4 + years - I tried a couple of other browsers in the past Firefox & also Google Chrome I think & both seemed to present a conflict somewhere at the time - maybe I should try again?

Yeah chrissie, IE is the worst browser of them all. It is so bad, Microsoft replaced it in windows 10 with this:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge#gGWOShRLudyrhRv5.97

You can’t go wrong with either firefox or chrome on windows (safari on mac), but I personally prefer chrome because it is the fastest most lightweight browser of them all.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for the advice SoccerDude - it’s much appreciated!  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top