• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinLady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The site hijacking continues… [fixed]

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

Suspicious pages continue to appear even after I cleaned the cache. Just awhile ago I was redirected to a page that asked for a code, and after that some programme started playing a background melody. After I closed Firefox, I couldn’t open it again without rebooting the system. The forum is just not safe anymore.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I can confirm it’s started happening again to me a few minutes ago…

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Dear people hijacking the site,

F*ck off!

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

I think I found it and deleted it.

We’ve actually had a company run a full security audit this week and no vulnerabilities were found, so how this is still happening is a mystery.  Frown

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

And here we go again… You really should get your money back from that company that did the “security audit”.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Kurufinwe - 23 June 2012 10:29 AM

And here we go again… You really should get your money back from that company that did the “security audit”.

Yes, Firefox gave me a security warning. I never had that before.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I haven’t had this before but every time I’ve tried to access the site today I get a javascript warning and/or directed to another site!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Yesterday I couldn’t reach the site at all for a while. Firefox couldn’t find it. I don’t know if that has to do with the attacks though.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I too have never experienced the hijacking before. Now google flagged the site as malicious. Meh Then it asked me to enable javascript. I just stop loading the page after the initial ag content loads to prevent the script from doing anything.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

this is shitty. first time ive experienced it and i also clicked go to site anyway when it prompted me with a warning of an attack site…

since browsing this thread ive been redirected to several advertisement websites. and now im going to have to run a full scan i guess next time i reset my comp.  that only takes like.. 2 hours -_- 

i wonder why people would attack something as benign as an adventure game website lol. i mean, id think that if hacker types even knew what adventure games were/are… they would have some small level of respect for them.  but most probably wouldnt even know.  ive been meeting worse and worse people on the internet lately it seems.  but i just dont get what is to gain in this lol

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

This Case Yesterday and today has Became Critical and terribly annoying !! , not just a warning from Avast Like Before ...but now i can not even get to the Site and it is Always Flagged as malicious ... even taking the chance and proceed Anyways can direct me Back or would Ask again (proceed anyway) more than one-two times until i can really proceed.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 54 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 15 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-06-23
, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-06-23.
Malicious software includes 1 trojan(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including money-lol.chickenkiller.com/, 37.157.255.0/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including buxwiki.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS21844 (THEPLANET).

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Seems okay now.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Still gives me a message asking if I want to run javascript.

Using Google Chrome.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Monolith - 23 June 2012 11:55 PM

Still gives me a message asking if I want to run javascript.

Is that dangerous? I get that message too. Please tell me, I’m a moron when it comes to this hacking stuff.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Shouldn’t your provider be responsible for the safety of the web services it delivers? Or doesn’t it work like that?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top