• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What happened to the game search box?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just noticed today it’s not there anymore but I use it all the time & I miss it - please put it back!  Smile

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

It’s still there, but not in a box anymore. Just click the magnifying glass and presto! (Unless you’re seeing something I’m not.)

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Is there a way to make it more obvious that’s how you search? Open to suggestions really!

The search itself is also updated with different representation, more accurate results and matches on companies.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jackal - 14 August 2019 08:49 AM

It’s still there, but not in a box anymore. Just click the magnifying glass and presto! (Unless you’re seeing something I’m not.)

Got it, thank you!

CaliMonk - 14 August 2019 09:53 AM

Is there a way to make it more obvious that’s how you search?

No, the magnifying glass is great - it’s just that I was used to seeing the box & didn’t look!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m having trouble with the game search box after I click on the magnifying glass.  In Safari, I can’t type in the box at all, and in Firefox, I can type the game name but can’t find anything to click to take me to the game.  There is an X, but clicking it just takes me back to the magnifying glass.  Also, the box seems to overflow its border on the left, and the X overlaps the text.  I’ll post a picture.

Safari:

Firefox:

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Thanks for reporting, I notice it on Safari as well. Will see if I can fix this. Originally didn’t add a button to search as I
Figured people would just press enter, but that might not be so obvious. I’ll see if I can add a button

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I’m having troubles reproducing this on Firefox though, both on Windows and Mac on Firefox things appear to work just fine (as they do in Chrome and Edge)

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

In Firefox, I can type and press return/enter to go to the game info.  Why I didn’t think of it right away, I don’t know.  However, Safari, which I use most of the time, still won’t let me type.  I am using OS 10.10 on this iMac, so maybe it’s just age.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

No it’s a specific bug in Safari, I’ve been able to fix it but it doesn’t appear to consistently work… :-)

I’ll give it a few other tries today..

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2019-08-30

PM

I use Google Chrome and I can see it:)

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2019-08-30

PM

I can’t see it as well

Total Posts: 124

Joined 2013-08-10

PM

Is there a way to make it more obvious that’s how you search? Open to suggestions really!

Would it be possible to have the icon color change slightly when the cursor hovers over it? That would enhance the discoverability a bit, hinting that you can click on it.

Those who are new to the site would already be more likely, IMO, to think to click on the icon because they aren’t used to the old way of doing it, but the shading difference would confirm it for them. Those who *are* used to the box and are missing the affordance of a button to click on would think, “Oh, I bet I can click on this!”

K R Parkinson - Staff Writer

Contact: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Galvanic_Spiral - 30 August 2019 10:15 PM

Would it be possible to have the icon color change slightly when the cursor hovers over it? That would enhance the discoverability a bit, hinting that you can click on it.

great idea! Changed that now :-)

Total Posts: 124

Joined 2013-08-10

PM

Sure thing, Ivo. Glad to help!

K R Parkinson - Staff Writer

Contact: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top