• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Full screen in Scummvm on Macbook?

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows how to get Full screen in Scummvm on Macbook?

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Does Alt+Enter work?

That’s the PC shortcut for switching between fullscreen and windowed, so I’d imagine something similar would work on mac.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Yes thank you it worked, unfortunately it’s not actually fullscreen, it’s the same tiny screen but now the rest of the screen is black. So guess I just have to install the old game instead and try to play it instead of GOG.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Did you try the suggestions here?

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Thanks for the tip, I had not tried that, unfortunately it had no effect at all. I still have the original games it’s just I’d love to be able to play on my macbook instead. But it seems like it would be less work just installing them on a PC again.

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Never mind spoke too soon, now my PC is saying it can’t read the app or whatever when I try to install Space Quest 6 on my computer, even though I ask it to run in windows 98 mode and 256 colours.

Installing adventure games is a science in it’s own. No game play will ever come close to being as difficult as that.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I recommend you use ScummVM for Space Quest 6 too. Once you have that virtual machine properly set up, you can run a huge amount of old games with it.

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

I am using Scummvm for Space Quest, that’s why the screen is so small, I would show you how small it really is but the site won’t allow me to upload a screen shot.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Have you tried to use the scale shortcut keys?
Ctrl-Alt +

ScummVM Manual

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Hahaha okay so finally the game works perfectly, thanks!! Was a bit slow, but turned out it was on 0 in settings and sound was gone, but came back after a couple of re-starts. So now I have no complaints, it’s perfect! FINALLY!!...except for when I play the arcade game, as soon as the game is over, the game crashes Frown.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top