• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Why, just WHY?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

alumina formula

are you afraid we gonna leave the site for secs to check a song, or a trailer on the tube, i always hated sites the do this, and now YOU!!,... YOU guys really?!!
it is unbelievable

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

That was introduced in case people were clicking the spam links. It’s not a new addition either; it’s been in place for quite a few weeks.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dale - 20 October 2018 07:34 AM

That was introduced in case people were clicking the spam links. It’s not a new addition either; it’s been in place for quite a few weeks.

if it is for decreasing the spams then its totally alright!! but why i do see spams still.

ahh and it is not new, i was away for 2 weeks or so, but what this has to do with anything Dale,  i didn’t mention the word new in my comment, i hate this addition, it like “Hey are you giving up on us and going away to another site than us, what did we do wrong, and why are you leaving

and if some weren’t up to rebuff it, i myself, talking of myself, it is too distracting and feels like site wanna lock you in. 

and whatever you say Dale., (yeah Dale!... the one i m always afraid of) wont change my opinion it is like you are beseeching members to stay,  “pleeeease stay” it so humiliating for a site of/at this caliber

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Think what you like. It’s there for your protection from dodgy links. Nothing more to it than that.  Also helps counteract the search boost they’re trying to get by having a link referring from AG.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i just remembered sumthing Dale, seriously i am sorry about the line i wrote up there it was kinda attacking you! ............ you are A good guy.

but i still hate this addition Laughing

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

I think the site may be slightly underestimating the intelligence of its users if it thinks anyone here would believe AdventureGamers is responsible for that Strözencrantz Hair Growth Formula website they’ve landed on, in addition to believing we would even click those links in the first place.

Then again, the way advgames are being dumbed down recently, nothing would surprise me…

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I have known perfectly intelligent people to make dumb mistakes with regard to dodgy product websites on the internet and it’s pretty obvious why the exit page exists tbf, Advie.

But onto more pressing issues, can someone please link me to the Strözencrantz Hair Growth Formula website, please?  Asking for a friend.  Shifty Eyed

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur - 20 October 2018 03:08 PM

I have known perfectly intelligent people to make dumb mistakes with regard to dodgy product websites on the internet and it’s pretty obvious why the exit page exists tbf, Advie.

HAHA, THE ACTION IS STUPID, but we dont wanna be those guys always complaining about changes

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

dumbeur - 20 October 2018 03:08 PM

But onto more pressing issues, can someone please link me to the Strözencrantz Hair Growth Formula website, please?  Asking for a friend.  Shifty Eyed

I can take care of that for you.  Just send me $49.95 in 3 easy payments via credit card. Your friend will have his flowing locks back in no time!

Wink

(I also know a very trustworthy source for prosthetic eyes, if your “friend” is interested…)

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Thanks.  I’ve PM’d you my credit card details and social security number.

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

Why would this be an issue for somebody? Like other people have said it’s there for your own protection. I’ve known a few people myself becoming a victim to phishing links ‘cause they were in a hurry somewhere and didn’t double check the link. Are you really going to say you’re going to check each and every time 100% that the link is let’s say to adventuregamers.com not adwenturegamers.com? Blink and you might miss it and then you’re screwed just like that. If you get a message telling you that you’re leaving adventuregamers then it removes the possibility for human error. Why would anyone be against that?

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Tamiil - 21 October 2018 10:46 AM

Why would this be an issue for somebody? Like other people have said it’s there for your own protection. I’ve known a few people myself becoming a victim to phishing links ‘cause they were in a hurry somewhere and didn’t double check the link. Are you really going to say you’re going to check each and every time 100% that the link is let’s say to adventuregamers.com not adwenturegamers.com? Blink and you might miss it and then you’re screwed just like that. If you get a message telling you that you’re leaving adventuregamers then it removes the possibility for human error. Why would anyone be against that?

I agree, personally I think there are people who just like to complain about everything. I don’t conceive how that little warning can be so annoying for someone, on the contrary.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I don’t like that we have to add the page in between, but with the amount of spam and scams going around we sadly have to. There’s links on the main site (in news posts, games pages) that don’t have this in-between page as we can obviously validate that those are good links. We will only show this if we can’t be sure upfront (which most forum posts are, due to being user-generated).

Having 1 extra click really should be a big deal, it’s not like I’m asking you to solve a puzzle or something. If it’s a big thing for people I can look into making his configureable on your profile page. Let me see if that’s an easy thing to do, the folks that really think this is the worst thing since the dawn of time you can change it for yourself in that case.

*Edit* I do notice it does it to news posts or articles as times as well, will look into fixing that

Ivo

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

CaliMonk - 22 October 2018 01:48 AM

.. There’s links on the main site (in news posts, games pages) that don’t have this in-between page as we can obviously validate that those are good links. ....

*Edit* I do notice it does it to news posts or articles as times as well, will look into fixing that

Ivo

Fixed this, you won’t see this on the news or articles pages anywhere (shouldn’t have been before, but I see there were cases where that did happen).

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

CaliMonk - 22 October 2018 01:48 AM

Having 1 extra click really should be a big deal, it’s not like I’m asking you to solve a puzzle or something.

Boy am I eternally grateful for that! The day this site starts using those puzzles that I now need to do even for a simple Google search or to log in to Steam, I’m gone.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 22 October 2018 02:28 AM

Boy am I eternally grateful for that! The day this site starts using those puzzles that I now need to do even for a simple Google search or to log in to Steam, I’m gone.

When we do start using those puzzles, they’ll be catering to the AG crowd. Think the Chinese box puzzle in Shivers, or the lock-picking puzzle in Post Mortem, or even the Babelfish puzzle in Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
If you want to leave the site, you’ll have to solve one of those first. You’ll be trapped here forever!!!

Alternatively, we could turn it into a QTE.

Oh, we’re not doing that.
Never mind!

Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top