• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiefurgotten

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

MalwareBytes message

Total Posts: 448

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Weird. For some reason, whenever I go to page 2 or 3 of the My 2017, adventurewise Smile thread, I get this MalwareBytes pop-up warning:

(click the thumbnail to enlarge the screenshot)

It doesn’t actually prevent me from viewing the contents of the page or from navigating from there, and so far this is the only thread I’ve accessed and received this warning. Any ideas why?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I get exactly the same thing which seems to be generated from posts featuring images from site sk.uploads (I can’t see the pictures)  - MalwareBytes are being very cautious at the moment due to some sites using tracking cookies if you allow them access which unfortunately affects innocent posters as well as some possibly inoffensive sites.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

chrissie - 27 December 2017 03:33 PM

I get exactly the same thing which seems to be generated from posts featuring images from site sk.uploads (I can’t see the pictures)  - MalwareBytes are being very cautious at the moment due to some sites using tracking cookies if you allow them access which unfortunately affects innocent posters as well as some possibly inoffensive sites.

Yup, Chrissie is right, files from uploads.im are somehow seen as ‘malicious’ by MalwareBytes, looking at their website and reports of others, other people have asked questions but not clarity has been provided as to why. It could indeed be due to dropping cookies, but having a message like this for that is a tad… overkill.

The site isn’t malicious as far as I can find and quite a normal website that’s used for uploading files, best solution is to either ignore messages for uploads.im specifically or get folks to change to another upload service.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Do you have a swear filter you could add it to?

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

During the time I used it I don’t think malwarebytes provided me with a single true protection… was always false positives and harmless websites.

Useless software imo

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 28 December 2017 10:47 PM

During the time I used it I don’t think malwarebytes provided me with a single true protection… was always false positives and harmless websites.

Useless software imo

I work on computers and it really is a good program. The web scanner might be a bit protective, but if you ever do get something on your computer you’ll be happy that you’ve got malwarebytes.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

SpeedBo - 29 December 2017 09:04 AM
Headycakesofdoom - 28 December 2017 10:47 PM

Useless software imo

I work on computers and it really is a good program. The web scanner might be a bit protective, but if you ever do get something on your computer you’ll be happy that you’ve got malwarebytes.

Thanks for your post SpeedBo & 100% agree with your take on malwarebytes - I prefer for it to be a little over-zealous than the opposite that for me has over the years identified & obliterated numerous threats!
If you are trying to promote me something from YOUR site it’s up to you to make sure it gets by my anti-virus & anti-malware if you’re genuine.

The trouble with the idea of ‘false positives’ is that it’s so easy for an alternative website to surreptitiously implant real damaging negatives on that basis - if my anti-virus program is telling me your program is wrong then I need some reassurance from a trustworthy source e.g. not the owner of a web imaging site…...

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

calimonk my laptop starts making full fan noises as soon as i access this site
Just FYI thing, i hope its not malware or last thread crypto currency resources sucker thing

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Got a coinhive.com, JS Miner script security alert , on recent visit

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Hmmm seriously? That shouldn’t be anywhere on our site, will look into it!

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

CaliMonk - 12 March 2018 11:37 AM

Hmmm seriously? That shouldn’t be anywhere on our site, will look into it!

Checked all systems, cannot locate anything, if you do come across it, please let me know where.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Sabelen - 19 April 2018 04:31 AM

Maybe this’s a problem because of the cloud platform?

Eh? Sorry? What do you mean?

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

CaliMonk - 19 April 2018 04:39 AM

Spam post, Ivo.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Dale - 19 April 2018 08:36 AM
CaliMonk - 19 April 2018 04:39 AM

Spam post, Ivo.

Ah, I was thinking along those lines but then figured it _could_ make sense in this context Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top