• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games you would like to see remastered

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2009-04-01

PM

My list is LONG.

I would love to see a remaster of:
.-Sam & Max Hit the road (it needs to have a proper treatment like DOTT and Full Throttle had)
.-MI3
.-The Dig
.-Space Quest 5 (I think this one was the most fun of the series).
.-Legend of Kyrandia book 2 and 3 (I loved Kyrandia 3, and I remember book 2 (Hand of fate) was really nice too).

For remakes I would say:
.-Veil of Darkness (I really love this game, it’s one I still play every other year so I would love to see this one remade with updated graphics and controls).
.-Maniac Mansion 1 in the style of DOTT (there was a fan project about it and it looked really cool)
.-System Shock 2 ( I also love this game, would love to see it with better graphics and a better-proper final setting).
.-Monkey Island 4 (Is not a bad game per se but the controls, the Monkey Kombat and the ending killed it, so I would say it needs a remake with proper mouse control and Monkey Kombat-less (or a skip button on it), with a new, better thought-out ending.
.-Gabriel Knight 2 & 3 remade to look like the 20th anniversary.
._Shadow of the comet
.-Prisoner of Ice
.-Zack McKracken (I think this game had potential but it was quite a mess so a remake would be cool).
.-Revenant
.-Blood 1 & 2, they where fun but would benefit from a remake.
.-Alone in the Dark (Atari started doing a remake but apparently they canceled it, it is a shame since it was looking really cool).
.-Diablo 2.
.-some of the Ultima games (I never played them when they came out and I recently tried to play Ultima 8 and couldn’t stand the controls, so a remake with much needed improvements would be cool).

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Ultima 8 wasn’t a ‘real’ Ultima game honestly, the best in the series by far are (and were) Ultima 7 The Black Gate and Serpent Isle (they are essentially 2 games). Ultima 8 had some nice elements to it, but some were quite horrible (like jumping! What the hell? Jumping in an Ultima game? What is this, a platformer?).

I did enjoy Ultima 8 if I looked beyond some of the broken controls and I wouldn’t see it as part 8 to Ultima. You can play Ultima 7 nowadays with lots of improvements, using Exult (Github - https://github.com/exult/exult or website http://exult.sourceforge.net/docs.php). It fixes many bugs and improves on many other aspects.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2009-04-01

PM

CaliMonk - 17 November 2019 02:02 PM

Ultima 8 wasn’t a ‘real’ Ultima game honestly, the best in the series by far are (and were) Ultima 7 The Black Gate and Serpent Isle (they are essentially 2 games). Ultima 8 had some nice elements to it, but some were quite horrible (like jumping! What the hell? Jumping in an Ultima game? What is this, a platformer?).

I did enjoy Ultima 8 if I looked beyond some of the broken controls and I wouldn’t see it as part 8 to Ultima. You can play Ultima 7 nowadays with lots of improvements, using Exult (Github - https://github.com/exult/exult or website http://exult.sourceforge.net/docs.php). It fixes many bugs and improves on many other aspects.

Oh cool, thanks for the heads up, I did remember there was one divided in two parts but I didn’t remember it was the 7th and thought it was the 8.
I would love it if they did modern takes on those games though.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Kathy Rain

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top