• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Those screenshots - unbelievable! Gasp Laughing

Move over Bethesda, there’s a new king in town!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

2015 goty comin!

E3 update & more

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gameplay needs alot of work to be called GOTY.
W2 was a mess, i am expecting updgrade.

Anyone into Witcher lore(the books), Story is really good.
I am excited to see what direction CDproject will take, Wildhunt vs King vs Ciri.

W1/2 were just tip of the iceberg for actual stage now set for W3.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/aaaaaaand-heres-35-minutes-of-the-witcher-3/2300-9361/

35 mins of georgous looking gameplay.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Release date shifted again to May 19th, 2015.
But

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

that probably means that Cyberpunk 2077 will be pushed back even further Frown

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2014-06-17

PM

So there’s going to be a female playable character as well now. I wonder if this is one of the real reasons they’re pushing the game back again.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

razorsedge4444 - 11 December 2014 04:05 PM

So there’s going to be a female playable character as well now. I wonder if this is one of the real reasons they’re pushing the game back again.

Insider leaked that they are facing friction within the studio and in development hell.
Which i hope wont’t effect Cyberpunk in the long run.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

markornikov - 11 December 2014 09:55 AM

that probably means that Cyberpunk 2077 will be pushed back even further Frown

They don’t have to push it back when its date hasn’t even been announced…

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

razorsedge4444 - 11 December 2014 04:05 PM

Reportedly, they got spooked by the recent backlash against buggy releases like AC: Unity and Halo Collection and the extra months are for additional QA.

Seems like a wise move. CDPR are known for some pretty heavy patching post-release, and I’m sure this will be no different, but it’s important that the game be in a solid state at launch if you want decent reviews.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

That E3 trailer was bull shit,now looks janky as f**k

Atleast this is good news,

PS4: 1080p, 30fps, minimally sharper textures than XB1, slightly less sharp textures than the “high” setting on PC XB1: 900p, 30fps, still being worked on.

Hype was already deflated after DAGE, but this is just crap, marginally better than Skyrim and W2.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Other than the bad video compression, that looks just as good as the E3 footage to me. And a lot better than the early footage. If you’re just going on the trailer, obviously live unedited gameplay isn’t going to look as good as a trailer of the game’s best looking moments.

Just look at this video:

The new footage looks pretty similar in quality to that.

However, unlike some, I’m actually looking forward to this game for reasons beyond taxing my video card. I loved Witcher 2, and this game is still a sprawling and ambitious successor and the game I’m most excited for.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

lol bad video compression on the top left of this gif, right, right ??

In the pic below, textures aren’t that hot too, the clothes and armours have no textures or lighting like DAGE.

(consult DAGE thread for my pics of armour texture and shine).

RPS impressions.

That’s not to say the combat is bad, just bland. When I entered into the climatic fight with the griffin, a battle that had been looming for a solid hour, I was saddened that my heart didn’t race once during this deadly showdown. The beast would fly into the air while I shot my crossbow at its backside and then crash down to earth with violence on its mind. I experimented a little, using one sigil to stun it, another to set a trap around it, and I died plenty as I figured out the best way to success, but the fight never grabbed my attention. When I finally triumphed, it was with relief rather than joy, as I happily set out to listen to people’s reactions to my conquest.

Looks like they failed to execute better combat, they failed miserably in W2 by copying Demons/dark souls and even now its sounds mundane.

After, Dage, Souls and Dragon’sDogma, Bloodborne , for me things will be even more bad.

Ah well this year is jam packed anyway, W3 will likely miss GoTY.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

My least favorite part of W2 was the combat, that doesn’t sound good but that RPS blurb is bit weird, he says died and experimented various stuff until finding success. What’s wrong with that? Did he wanted QTE of Geralt riding the griffin for it to be less bland?!?

Still excited for the open world Witcher story.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

nomadsoul - 27 January 2015 02:38 AM

lol bad video compression on the top left of this gif, right, right ??

It’s a little LOD pop, big deal. These are also visible in the E3 demo. My point is that this isn’t a “downgrade” situation like Watch Dogs. The game looks how it always did, which is to say fantastic, with minor rough spots.

Anyway, I encourage you to look at some old screenshots of the game before saying silly shit about downgrades:
Look at the hair on the beastie in this one, not to mention the rendering.
It actually looks a lot better than it did in the first year of reveals.

Witcher 2 was my favorite RPG of last gen. I haven’t read anything that makes me think this won’t be even better.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top