• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New 3DS announced

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 17 February 2015 02:17 PM

I think so far only Xenoblade Chronicles will be new 3DS only, don’t know if more games will follow, depends when will Nintendo announce a new portable system.

Seriously ??? Frown Damn you Nintendo Cry Just take one of the most beloved RPG franchises on the Wii and don’t make it backwards compatible. That really bums me out.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 17 February 2015 02:34 PM
wilco - 17 February 2015 02:17 PM

I think so far only Xenoblade Chronicles will be new 3DS only, don’t know if more games will follow, depends when will Nintendo announce a new portable system.

Seriously ??? Frown Damn you Nintendo Cry Just take one of the most beloved RPG franchises on the Wii and don’t make it backwards compatible. That really bums me out.

it’s only possible in the improved CPU of the new model (well, at least that’s the official excuse Neutral).
I’m also happy to finally play a Monster Hunter with camera control.

zane - 17 February 2015 12:27 PM

And yeah.. i did a double take when i learned about sd slot having a screwed on cover… what were they thinking on that one…....

It’s annoying and stressful to have to open the gut of a shiny new console… I slapped a 32Gb card in there, hopefully I never have to change it.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 17 February 2015 03:33 PM

it’s only possible in the improved CPU of the new model (well, at least that’s the official excuse Neutral).

oh yeah id say theres no question about it, the new 3ds has twice as much ram, and more cores on the processor, makes it significantly better hardware. Honestly in my mind its the minimum specs that the 3ds shouldv had to begin with.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I bought it and LOVE it - now the 3D is perfect. An amazing improvement over the old system.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I know I’m 5 years late to the party, but I just got a cheap New 3ds xl off Ebay as I always wanted to see how that glasses-free 3d effect looks like. So far I love it.

Anyway, I’m looking for some good puzzle adventures (or point and clicks). I got myself both Layton games (both look wonderful in 3d) and now I found that pretty unknown title Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights. I saw it got quite bad reviews, but from trailers it looks great. Did anyone play it? Is it worth getting?

Also, any other adventure game suggestions (besides Zelda titles. I already have them, as they are the main reason I decided to get 3DS) are welcomed. Preferably with good 3d effect.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Zero time dilemma trilogy.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Thanks! Will check it out.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Egon - 10 May 2020 04:13 AM

I know I’m 5 years late to the party, but I just got a cheap New 3ds xl off Ebay as I always wanted to see how that glasses-free 3d effect looks like. So far I love it.

Anyway, I’m looking for some good puzzle adventures (or point and clicks). I got myself both Layton games (both look wonderful in 3d) and now I found that pretty unknown title Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights. I saw it got quite bad reviews, but from trailers it looks great. Did anyone play it? Is it worth getting?

Also, any other adventure game suggestions (besides Zelda titles. I already have them, as they are the main reason I decided to get 3DS) are welcomed. Preferably with good 3d effect.

Yeah Dr lautrec pales by comparison to Prof. Layton.  I bought a game called henry hatsworth puzzling adventure because I thought it would be like professor layton, but it’s actually a sword fighting, gun shooting, side scrolling platformer where you turn in a giant gentleman-mech.  Pretty silly.

I think Mikekelly and I have kinda talked the 3ds adventures to death.

James Noir holly wood crimes is a good puzzle game with an over arching murder mystery to solve.  It even has “FMV” kind of…. kind of.  Doesn’t get a lot of love, but the puzzles get really difficult late on in the game show.

IF you need to catch up from the DS era, be sure to get Theresia Dear Emile, and Ghost Trick Phantom Detective, or the Cing games like hotel dusk room 215 (315? I forgot) and another code/trace memory

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Thanks!
James Noir holly wood crimes sounds really good. Didn’t hear about the game before. I’ll check it out!
I did some more research and came around Adventure Time Finn and Jake Investigations. It’s based on cartoon show and looks like a pure point&click; adventure.

I’ll move to DS catalogue once I’ll play through what 3ds has to offer. Hotel dusk room 215 looks interesting. And I’ll definitely get Professor Layton and the Last Specter (actually, chronologically I should have play it before Mirror Mask I guess).

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

If you can’t get enough of Layton, the 3DS also has non-main Layton games. Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney is a great game if the ace attorney part (which probably takes up more of the playtime, especially if you don’t do all of the puzzles at the earliest opportunity) doesn’t put you off immediately. Layton’s Mystery Journey is a good one for the puzzles and general production values, though story-wise I found the small cases felt like pedestrian busywork compared to the larger-than-life villains and city-spanning plots of the main games.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Actually, I’ve been eyeing Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and it’s exactly the Ace Attorney part that is keeping me away. I’m not really a fan of text-heavy dialogues in this series.

I’ll keep Layton’s Mystery Journey for when I’ll finish with the main series.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Harald B - 11 May 2020 11:13 AM

If you can’t get enough of Layton, the 3DS also has non-main Layton games. Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney is a great game if the ace attorney part (which probably takes up more of the playtime, especially if you don’t do all of the puzzles at the earliest opportunity) doesn’t put you off immediately. Layton’s Mystery Journey is a good one for the puzzles and general production values, though story-wise I found the small cases felt like pedestrian busywork compared to the larger-than-life villains and city-spanning plots of the main games.

The crossover was my first game in either franchise (terrible I know), and I hated the layton parts. 

It wasn’t until I started the layton games from the beginning that I understood the joy of solving puzzles, and brewing tea, and talking to stupid animals, and I keep losing Flora, and this annoying Newsie Boy, and also Layton has a beige tube for a head.

All I really wanted was to shout at people and bang on the table.

TAKE THAT!

One of the best things about the Layton games on the DS is that each game has a booklet with secret codes to unlock new content in previous or future layton games!  It really gives you a good reason to go for complete in box Layton games.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

One of the best things about the Layton games on the DS is that each game has a booklet with secret codes to unlock new content in previous or future layton games!  It really gives you a good reason to go for complete in box Layton games.

I actually have complete copies of all the Layton games on the DS - I’ve heard they are worth some money. The Layton games are some of my favorite games on the system.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I know I’m late to the whole 3DS thing, but damn, this little console is packed with great games. Just playing through Shantae and The Pirate’s Curse. What a great game! It’s a pure metroidvania with great gameplay and humour. And 3D… it makes the game really pop. A perfect implementation if you ask me.

Btw, I tried Half Genie Hero a few years back and didn’t like it much. Too simplistic and arcadey.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Mikekelly - 13 May 2020 12:09 PM

I actually have complete copies of all the Layton games on the DS - I’ve heard they are worth some money. The Layton games are some of my favorite games on the system.

I have them all sealed.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top