• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

danigarLady KestrelTimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

PS2 game recommendations

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Hey, I bought my first last year PS2 and I’ve been blasting through games, but I’m curious if you guys have any recommendations I might have missed.

So far I’ve played:

Katamari Damacy
Klonoa 2
God Hand
Killer7
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Timesplitters 1-3
Space Channel 5
Armored Core 2
Contra: Shattered Soldier
Onimusha 1-2
Rygar
Kuon
Final Fantasy X
Zone of the Enders 1-2
Metal Gear Solid 2-3
Silent Hill 2-3
Resident Evil 4

Still plan to play:

Echo Night: Beyond
Fatal Frame
SMT: Nocturne
SMT: Digital Devil Saga
We Love Katamari
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Robot Alchemic Drive

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Ratchet and Clank 1-3
Jak and Daxter 1-3
Sly Cooper 1-3
Black
Burnout 3
Dragon Quest 8
Viewtiful Joe
Devil May Cry 1-3
GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas
Okami

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

@SoccerDude: Oh yeah I’ve played Viewtiful Joe and Burnout 3, too. I can’t really bring myself to play those 3D platformers because I know I’m going to feel compelled to collect all the junk like I did in Banjo-Kazooie. I have been meaning to play the Dragon Quest games, is 8 a good one to start with? Or are there earlier ones that are worth playing too? Also been meaning to play Okami but I understand it’s really long, so I’ve been putting it off.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

desiderio59 - 17 April 2018 11:25 AM

@SoccerDude: Oh yeah I’ve played Viewtiful Joe and Burnout 3, too. I can’t really bring myself to play those 3D platformers because I know I’m going to feel compelled to collect all the junk like I did in Banjo-Kazooie. I have been meaning to play the Dragon Quest games, is 8 a good one to start with? Or are there earlier ones that are worth playing too? Also been meaning to play Okami but I understand it’s really long, so I’ve been putting it off.

Well Ratchet and Clank is not really a collect-a-thon platformer. It is more like an action platformer with a lot of fun weapons to destroy things with. Also there is not that much to collect besides the main currency of the game (bolts) to buy new weapons, and you can get that easily by destroying stuff. I would recommend giving at least one of them a try and see if you like them or not. If you have a PS4, try the new Ratchet and Clank on that one (free this month with PS Plus), as I think it captures the best qualities from the older Ratchet and Clank games, and is considered one of the best games on the console.

Dragon Quest 8 is the best Dragon Quest in the series, and one of the best JRPG’s ever made. Like other JRPGs, it is long though clocking at more than 100 hrs of gameplay if you are a competitionest like me.

And Okami (and Beyond Good and Evil) is the best Zelda game that is not a Zelda. It is gorgeous and tons of fun to play, but like you said, it is longer. Again if you have a PS4, they released an HD version of it that is the definitive version, but the PS2 one still looks great compared to other games on that system. It aged well because of its cell shaded graphics.

By the way, I didn’t see you mention God of War or God of War 2. Did you play those? Both are a must play and push the PS2 system to its max graphically.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Apart from the ones already mentioned.

Bully
Psychonauts
Prince of Peria Sands of Time
Kingdom Hearts

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

One other game I just remembered that is a hidden gem and is criminally underrated is Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy.
Edit: Oh and Spiderman 2. Best super hero game after the Batman Arkham series.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top