• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinLady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Last Guardian + Shadow of the Colossus Remake

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Finished the game. Great experience. Frustration at times but feel it’s all part of it.
Amazing ending! Best ending by Ueda imo.

A lot of moments made me emotional.

9/10

p.s. I am with Wilco on the identity of the last guardian.
Could also be refering to trico’s, since they no longer are under control of the Blob entity

Also on the barrel thing at what Wilco said:
I am not sure if it’s kids inside the barrels. What I took from that scene is that the trico’s are rewarded for finding sacrifices. I think the kids are fed to that entity or used to power something. At least that’s what I took from that scene: trico’s bring in kids and get a reward barrel. I did speculate sometime into the game that the contents of the barrel could be something macabre a.k.a. soylent green. But yeah…in the end I don’t think there are kids inside.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 17 December 2016 01:59 PM

Finished the game. Great experience. Frustration at times but feel it’s all part of it.
Amazing ending! Best ending by Ueda imo.

A lot of moments made me emotional.

9/10

p.s. I am with Wilco on the identity of the last guardian.
Could also be refering to trico’s, since they no longer are under control of the Blob entity

Also on the barrel thing at what Wilco said:
I am not sure if it’s kids inside the barrels. What I took from that scene is that the trico’s are rewarded for finding sacrifices. I think the kids are fed to that entity or used to power something. At least that’s what I took from that scene: trico’s bring in kids and get a reward barrel. I did speculate sometime into the game that the contents of the barrel could be something macabre a.k.a. soylent green. But yeah…in the end I don’t think there are kids inside.

last guardian was Sony or Yosp that saved the game.

One legit theory on net about barrelsfirst scene shows Bees hive, its same mechanism of bringing boys and Alien turns into Nectar of energy

Its hard to say which ending is best, i prefer Sotc
But Ueda end game is unlike other creators
He throws unusual in the end, when you suddenly facequeen
become colossus yourself

SP: Are you a perfectionist?

FU: No. But I supposed the definition of perfection varies from person to person. I do have high standards. It’s very simple. All I strive for is to do what I think is right and to execute it in the manner that it should be presented. I will give you an example. You’re in the Ramen shop and the bowl comes at you from the other side of the counter. If you see the person that’s serving you has their thumb positioned so that it’s just touching the soup you might decide to pretend not to have seen that. It’s not like you’ll get food poisoning because of what’s happened. But as long you’re the customer and they’re serving you food, it’s just not right. If I’m presenting something I cannot cross the line of sticking my thumb into the Ramen soup. [Laughs]

So Ueda has OCD.
He should realize the Chef would be using his bare hands anyway for noodles and cutting pork/chicken/beef etc. Laughing

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lastguardian coming to Switch , made on UE4, reveal trailer

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 19 December 2016 12:14 PM

Lastguardian coming to Switch , made on UE4, reveal trailer

Great for Ueda, bad for me. Now I have to purchase another copy of the game to complete my collection. D=

edit: missed the joke.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Played through a bit of The Last Guardian during the Christmas break. It’s mondo majestic and the detail of the castle environment is extraordinary - I now understand why this game took so long to develop. I have to really remind myself that this doesn’t have the sort of arbitrary limitations and invisible walls of regular video games especially when you find out that you can actually pass through gates if the gaps between rails are large enough.

The camera is a bit awkward at times and I’m just getting used to communicating with Trico. Still many questions to be answered like did that little boy just get eaten and is he now dead and this is some sort of dream scape thing?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

For those who have finished, i found the ending mix of these 2 films

Spoilers for 2 films (Pi and Irongiant)

thejobloshow - 03 January 2017 08:37 PM

Played through a bit of The Last Guardian during the Christmas break. It’s mondo majestic and the detail of the castle environment is extraordinary - I now understand why this game took so long to develop. I have to really remind myself that this doesn’t have the sort of arbitrary limitations and invisible walls of regular video games especially when you find out that you can actually pass through gates if the gaps between rails are large enough.

The camera is a bit awkward at times and I’m just getting used to communicating with Trico. Still many questions to be answered like did that little boy just get eaten and is he now dead and this is some sort of dream scape thing?

Well there is a lot of story to come
And yes , i was too blown by the fact that its not just the boy but Toriko has to go through all the small big spaces , just to escape…from the beginning i was like, how they will escape this maze, damn and how he took us through it, you will see

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

One of my top 3 games ever getting an incredible remake

Comparison video

Ueda is involved

Trailer with Music

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 15 June 2017 09:56 PM

One of my top 3 games ever getting an incredible remake

Comparison video

Ueda is involved

Trailer with Music

Looks outstanding! Ready to feel bad about killing giants again!
What if they added the cut colossus?  Gasp

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 16 June 2017 04:34 AM

What if they added the cut colossus?  Gasp

That would be Ultra level awesomeness, if Bpoint can learn how they work and implement new areas and colossi, but its confirmed bu Yosp its same content but new options for
control and a remake
IMO cut colossi will also suck more time

Bpoint can kill internet with DemonsS remake

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Most of the clips and stills from colossus look better in the original ps2 version.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top