• News
  • Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Older games and their packaging

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2016-06-11

PM

So I have a few big boxes of games, mostly all in their original boxes (roughly 5” x 7” x 1”). But those boxes within boxes are taking a lot of room, and since I’ve recently moved from a house to an apartment, I have to downsize.

Would I be creating an Adventure Gamer sin by discarding all of the old boxes and packaging?

I’m thinking of putting the discs and jewel-case slip covers into an wallet / album and tossing the old containers.

Eh?

Edit: Sorry, they’re not all ancient ‘vintage’, so I removed that term from the title and replaced it with ‘older’.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Unless you are thinking of selling the games you don’t need the boxes for anything. I say recycle them

Joined 2016-06-11

PM

I guess that’s one reason I’m asking. I’m not thinking of selling them now, but if I do down the road, is that going to reduce their value?

Chris

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Probably will reduce value, depending on the games you have I think

Total Posts: 5347

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

check ebay for games sold with and without boxes. If you have rare ones, you should keep the boxes.

Respect your elders OR Respect them some other time  Jenny LeClue

Joined 2016-06-11

PM

Thanks to both of you.

I decided yesterday that I just don’t have the space, so have already recycled 1/2 of them. The only one that seemed it would be special was a 5 disc package for Dark Side of the Moon, I don’t remember that title being very well loved. I could be wrong.

Total Posts: 5347

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Well, I loved it. Smile

I have the game on DVD, which makes a world of difference. The five CDs are much more common and not very popular because of all the disk swapping.

PS: Hey, shouldn’t that be 6 discs?

Respect your elders OR Respect them some other time  Jenny LeClue

Joined 2016-06-11

PM

Yeah, 6.

You mean it won’t load onto the hard drive? That would indeed be a ‘vintage’ experience.

Eh?

Edit: it should be noted that about 1/2 of the games I’m archiving into wallets are games I haven’t played yet. I went nuts when I saw PC Adventure games taking a dive several years back and bought a bunch, many of them older used copies.

Total Posts: 7615

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

NotASpeckOfCereal - 11 June 2016 06:01 PM

Eh?

NotASpeckOfCereal - 12 June 2016 11:56 AM

Eh?

Breaking out the stereotypes here:

Are you Canadian by any chance, Triumph? Tongue

Now playing: Blade Runner (post-CPT) | The Witcher: Enhance Edition (on hold) | Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (on hold) | Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3DS)
Recently finished: Whispers of a Machine (CPT) - 4/5 | Beneath a Steel Sky (CPT) - 3/5 | 3 in Three - 3.5/5 | Puzzle Gallery: At the Carnival - 2.5/5 | The Fool’s Errand (replay) - 3.5/5 | The Dig (replay) - 4.5/5 | Return of the Obra Dinn (CPT) - 4/5 | Beavis and Butt-Head in Virtual Stupidity - 3.5/5 | League of Light: The Game (CCPT) - 3/5 | realMyst: Masterpiece Edition - 2.5/5 | Contradiction - 3/5 | Tex Murphy: Mean Streets - 2/5 | The Last Express - 3.5/5 | South Park: The Fractured But Whole - 4/5 | Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (replay, CPT) - 5/5

Joined 2016-06-11

PM

TimovieMan - 13 June 2016 04:32 AM

Are you Canadian by any chance, Triumph? Tongue

In my dreams man, only in my dreams.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!