• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Slender

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Slender

Anyone try this yet? I think it’s really scary and the last 3 seconds I played it went like this: GASP, “FU**!”, escape, exit game.

Haven’t had the guts to touch it since then lol.

Only complaint I have is that there isn’t really a sense of direction. I just walk around in the woods without any idea where to go which can get a little boring/frustrating. However, it’s a free download so whatever Content

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-05-24

PM

Yeah is really creepy but pointless, you don’t do anything beside collecting pages, there’s no story, no dialogue, nu puzzles no nothing. Also there’s a Slender project on Source engine, check it out.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

^Was about that mention that too. Though I can’t complain since its a free game, plus one of the scariest experiences. Can we have the team from Amnesia and thechineseroom make a slenderman game?

Also, despite the goals of the Source project, the screenshots…look….HORRIBLE. They mean well, but definitely a bad project.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Just heard of the Slendeeman, if he from the game? Trying it out tonight.

Everyone takes a road less traveled, not knowing all will lead to the path

Kindly visit if you have time. Click Me!

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

SkimmingtonBurgoo - 14 August 2012 09:59 PM

Just heard of the Slendeeman, if he from the game? Trying it out tonight.

The other way around. The game is based off of Slenderman a character focused on in the Marble Hornets video series.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Tried the game out, it was creepy. Not knowing if he is there, don’t even want to turn my flashlight on.

Everyone takes a road less traveled, not knowing all will lead to the path

Kindly visit if you have time. Click Me!

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Sort of like some experiences in DayZ. Tongue

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

I played it about a month ago.I can be a little creepy on the first 2-3 tries but after that it looses its charm(at least for me).I managed to collect all the pages on my seventh try.If you want to play a good horror game try Amnesia.Its scarier that Slenderman,lasts longer,has a story and some puzzles.

Now Playing:Zork Nemesis,Dragon Age GOTY,DOTA 2,Alter Ego
Next In Line:Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon,Tex Murphy:The Pandora Directive,Tex Murphy:Overseer,Fallout 1,2&Tactics;
Recently Finished:Runaway 1&2,Barrow Hill,Legend of Grimrock
Looking Forward To:The Last Crown: Haunting of Hallowed Isle,Bioshock Infinite,Amnesia:A Machine For Pigs

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Slender is a free indie-developed psychological horror/survival horror video game released in June 2012 and developed by Parsec Productions.

the graphics are not that good but even so the developer has made it as far as the horror aspect goes.the main reason apart from the scary slender guy is the sound effects.they are done with precision making it feel like reality and doing a great job at enhancing the feeling you get right before punching the monitor and running the hell away from it.
here’s a 9gag post that proves it.

the game can be found in the game’s site

and here is a teaser.

have fun playing….(or not MU HAR HAr Har har ar ar ar r…....)

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

this is a video for those of you scared shitless by that maniac Slenderman Grin believe me you get your blood back with this one.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I can get 7/8 notes. Ugh, the movement is so slow!

This game has given me some good stares. I hate when you turn around and he’s just…there.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

or when you turn around go out into the corridor and there he is and then you return in the room….because well there’s nothing else you can do and it’s an impulse/instinct call it however you like,to try and escape and then he just comes.

my worst scare was first time when i went to the building with the corridors and the chairs fallen or otherwise,at some point i was in a corridor leading to an exit and just before the exit there was a room on the left so i went to the room and just as i exited the room i thought to check out what was outside and there he was standing about a meter away.it’s like….Hi….oh…..crap…why do you have shadow tentacles coming out of you?

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2012-06-13

PM

Hi there, just started playing Slender a free survival horror game. Not sure if it’s been mentioned on the forums yet….I recommend checking it out. it seems quite interesting

edit: That game just scared the hell out of me Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

bucketface - 12 January 2013 10:53 AM

Not sure if it’s been mentioned on the forums yet….

Et voilà, you’re now in the existing thread… Wink

I won’t play this game because I probably won’t be able to handle it. Crapping my pants is not something I like to do when playing a game… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top