• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelluckyloserMike the WinortrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

3D Platformer Recommendations?

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

D.C. - 19 July 2012 12:44 AM

I find there’s a really fine line between 3D platformer and action/adventure. Who knows, if you like Alice you might enjoy Uncharted. Maybe even Batman: Arkham Asylum/Arkham City or Enslaved: Odyssey to the West as well. (I’m assuming you haven’t played them already. Tongue)

I think you’re right.  I also love the 3rd person action/adventures on the consoles.  Arkham City was probably my favorite game last year, and the Uncharted’s are all great.  I’m really looking forward to the new Tomb Raider.  It does seem that 3D platformers are rare these days.

Speaking of 3D platformer/action/adventure, Beyond Good & Evil is on sale on Steam right now for $2.49.  Must.. resist.. urge.. to rebuy and replay.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

If you want to replay BG&E why not invest in the HD version instead?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

HD version is Xbox only, right? I have an Xbox but I already have BG&E on discs, on Steam and on GOG. And I still haven’t played it through Grin.

Steam version required some tweaking when I bought it, that’s why I grabbed the GOG version when it was 5$ or perhaps even less (my original disc version kept crashing and I hate physical discs anyway). I’d wait for another GOG sale just in case, or go for the Xbox version.

The PC version still looks nice so I don’t think I’ll buy the game for the 4th time.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 19 July 2012 10:50 PM

If you want to replay BG&E why not invest in the HD version instead?

Unfortunately, thanks to the Steam sale, I’ve done more than enough investing this week.  Content

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

BTW, did everybody see Rasputin in Madness Returns? That was a really fun cameo.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-09-03

PM

check out stained, it is a 3d (or 2.5D) side scrolling game with lots of new platforming concepts.

Video Link :

It also has a demo on the website.
http://www.stained-thegame.com/

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-03-27

PM

If you want a deep and meaningful game that’s a 2D platformer, try ‘Company of Myself.’

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just got latest Slycooper , lets see how it holds up.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Mirror’s Edge. It’s like realistic Sonic the Hedgehog.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Frogacuda - 29 March 2013 01:50 PM

And it’s written by Rhianna Pratchett (daughter of), who also wrote the new Tomb Raider game.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Were the Twinsen games 3D? They were excellent and something adventure fans could really enjoy.

TimovieMan - 31 March 2013 07:43 AM
Frogacuda - 29 March 2013 01:50 PM

And it’s written by Rhianna Pratchett (daughter of), who also wrote the new Tomb Raider game.

Is that meant to be a good thing? I’ve played TR and it’s really predictable and hackneyed. But I would be willing to give her another chance.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

this thread is old and probly dead but i really liked the new devil may cry for a 3d button mashing action platformer.  new tomb raider is pretty great too.. also just getting into god of wars… pretty fun series.  force unleashed 1+2 are both great too.  all my suggestions are kinda similar gameplay i guess.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Zifnab - 31 March 2013 09:22 PM

Is that meant to be a good thing? I’ve played TR and it’s really predictable and hackneyed. But I would be willing to give her another chance.

To be honest, the story of Mirror’s Edge is pretty forgettable and only exists in little between-level animates scenes. It’s a purebred speed-platformer. Like Sonic the Hedgehog set in real life with realistic abilities.

It isn’t a roam around casually and look for collectibles kind of game, it’s for hardcore platform fans, but it’s one of the best games of the generation if you ask me.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

syn - 23 April 2013 03:57 AM

this thread is old and probly dead but i really liked the new devil may cry for a 3d button mashing action platformer.  new tomb raider is pretty great too.. also just getting into god of wars… pretty fun series.  force unleashed 1+2 are both great too.  all my suggestions are kinda similar gameplay i guess.

I wouldn’t call any of these games platformers. Many of them are awesome games, but they aren’t platformers. The closest you’ll get is the old Tombraider games for the PS1, which mixed gunplay action, puzzle elements and platforming.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top