• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Watchdogs super downgrade: Real or not

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Tried to be impartial in the title but imho it’s bull to even consider major downgrade in a major project such as this.It would be so suicidal for Ubisoft to even remotely believe it.A company that spent so much time researching graphics for AC4 won’t downgrade significantly for whatever reason.it’s just illogical.I can understand some if content has gotten really too much for the hardware to handle but nothing as major at the gif in question shows.

The source of the problem can be found here:First post gif

The gif cannot be official(at least not the disputable second part).In an attempt to verify this I searched for official content that is current and found this.

Can you see the reflection on the water near the road gutters?The awesome animation of Pearse,the particles and damage done in the police car or the detail and shadows/lightining on Pearse’s back as he tackles and beats the guy he’s chasing in the alley?

Not to mention the yellow car on the second part of the gif is the same as the cars in Need for Speed High Stakes or Hot Pursuit 2.Even if they decided to down grade it could just be a downgrade in detail of shadows and lighting.

EDIT:ok it was real…but misleading. Found this article which leads to this. In the video of the second article you will see that the gif was part of it. But the misleading part is that towards the end of the video you can see the yellow car model being driven around but it’s clearly not how you see it in the gif.Maybe it was some badly buffered video,I don’t know but the car itself looks as it should.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Its shitty industry practice, the catchers will catch, and neogaffers are expert.
They sometimes have more than actual devs, thats why devs troll there.
Look at this shit
Forza 5 fraud

(Right click and view image for proper size)

Ubi is known for bullshots and bullfootage Ghostrecon, division…..

I cant go and ransack all forums and articles since too occupied with Darksouls2 for days to come. But will keep posting pics later to show the differences.

For now i am calling it real fake. Untill final PS4/pc version arrives.

And as open world game, Secondson looks way better , them particle effects are magic.

Edit: Found good article thaat sums all the downgrade, faces, explosion effects
and surface lighting etc.

http://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/watch-dogs-comparison-latest-build-versus-e3-2012-june-2013-builds/

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Neogaf is full of over reactionary trolls so I wouldn’t trust them with anything.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Not all of them , atleast talk with proof which i posted above.

Aint just conjecture.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Seems there was a downgrade from the initial reveal 2 years ago, but that gif looks more like a graphical bug.

The gameplay videos look nice but not a huge leap from AC4 PS4. But the game is still cross-gen, maybe it holds it back? I have no idea. Will be interesting to see if the PC version looks much better.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i will agree with you that it remains to be seen but dumbing down the spectators in Forza is just normal/good sense…You won’t have that much time to ogle at the spectators moving at high speeds so why bother having high res models for them when all you want is everything else to be smooth.It’s why all sports (remember countless FIFA and PES) games had low res or even 2D spectators….it’s just something moving in your peripheral vision(at least in terms of where you’re focusing)..sure it’d be swell to have them all be 3D high res models but it’s just trivial when you have so many other simulations and more important models to prioritize.

WD though is an open world and that’s different.you’re expected to be able to ogle at details so their work is a whole lot heavier.From a dev point of view I can see where it could go wrong and why they’d downgrade parts of the game but that’s because I don’t know the capabilities of their in house tech.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

People act like this is some big conspiracy or something.

The PS4 dev kits and specs were not available two years ago and so Ubi built a demo based on what Sony was bragging about at the time, running on a high powered PC.

I watched the trailer it looked blooming good to me, but then Neogaf takes two video files that have different bitrates, set at different times of the day and with different weather effects and nit picks on a couple of bits.

Reactionary Trolls, it’s a complete non story.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 08 March 2014 02:33 PM

Reactionary Trolls, it’s a complete non story.

You have some salty history with gaf?? Smile

You need illusions to get through life. Wink

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Not that i care much, but Darksouls2 has been downgraded too

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781625

Age of Downgrades: Bait and Switch = QFT!

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

From what I see these downgrades are only in consoles.Dark Souls 2 had a downgrade but most articles I get googling it are for the PS3 version.In WD’s case,it’s PS4.

They must be doing something fundamentally costly to be downgrading so much.Also in WD’s case it’s supposed to have much more functionality than a GTA since you can do things with most things in the city(remember that “The city is your weapon” quote). I admit I was wrong but I cannot see this happening in the PC version as well.Console have many limitations and depending on the amount of content you want to make it’s hell to develop for.PC on the other hand can have less limitations than a console.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

jhetfield21 - 10 March 2014 04:31 AM

Console have many limitations and depending on the amount of content you want to make it’s hell to develop for.PC on the other hand can have less limitations than a console.

That PC master race is beggers race, no point in beefing up your rig when
one has to constantly spam forums and petitions begiing for ports.
Lol they still didnt get Reddead, waiting/begging for GTA5, and had to beg
long for Darksouls1 , still one month delay for DS2. Not to mention lost
first party exclusives.
And PC is modular term, you can mod upto 2000$ rig to play watchdogs
and then new graphiccard comes and your rig is old.
Nah i think 399$ for ps4 will sufffice for 4+ years just like my old ass ps3.
(As long as they keep functioning Wink).

On other hand, MGS5 i tried a little bit yesterday(ps3) looks samey like
demo, and ps4 ver is also shines just like ps4 demos if not better.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Ok Red Dead I can’t say I’ve been begging.GTA5 I do but it’s same old same old…Rockstar has a 1 year exclusivity deal with MS for Xbox and Sony for PS since antiquity.And it serves both since MS and Sony promote their consoles and Rockstar gets bucks for it.But nearly all GTA games have been on PC(apart from a couple of PSvita specific versions).

I have a 5yo vga and still play AC4 in max settings(oh and btw it’s using legacy drivers and even Linux distros have started not supporting it for drivers).The rest of the rig is 4 yo quad core with 4GB ram for which I did pay 500euro back then.The only reason I even want to get a PS3 is 3-4 games that are PS exclusive(like Heavy Rain or Beyond Two Souls).And Xbox,never in a million years.But in hindsight I use the PC for everything from development to games to running Maya for my thesis.So spare me, an upgrade just means making my life easier in every other aspect.It might apply to you depending on what use you’d have for a PC.

Developing for consoles means that you can’t do everything you set out to include because of the hw limitations which apply to everyone.And yes if carefully designed games can be more stable in consoles due to the limitations being known(whereas PCs vary) but on the other hand it’s easier to go beyond in the case of PCs,you have more leeway.You set a minimum requirement standard for the game and a max.The max is in most cases the same or better than the console version.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Here what CliffyB has to say about the matter

“I’d wager that the reason Watch Dogs’ graphics have been downgraded on the high end is due to the fact that it’s shipping on last gen also” said Bleszinski and continued.

“Biggest enemy to next gen consoles is publishers hanging onto the last gen. I’ve said it before, it’s limiting the capabilities of next gen.”

Food for thought (btw i dont care much about this douchebag) Wink.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

It’s true.The more system configurations you want to support the more limits you’re gonna encounter.That’s one of the reasons people resort to Kickstarter lately,to avoid giving such authority to others and creating more problems for themselves.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I know it was a downgrade but to this level, heck feeling like stop playing now
and wait for PS4 version, this is like Colonial marines type of shenanigans

http://kotaku.com/yes-dark-souls-ii-looks-different-than-it-did-last-yea-1543149728

I said i dont care much , since DS2 gameplay is hot, but it aint hot as before,
game is glitch fest with poor hitboxes,becomes nightmare later. And i struggled so hard to reach castle, and found all glorified N64 textures not even close to reveal demos.

I have been trolled hard.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Considering it’s being widly praised and has a Metacritic score in the 90’s I don’t think is anywhere near Colonial Marines shenanigans.

People are too quick to take unfinished tech demos as gospel these days. Of course things are going to change up until the game ships. From what I hear the original demo with all that fancy lighting effects ran like shit and they couldn’t get it to work on all platforms or couldn’t get it to fit on the disc. Unfortunatly that means compromises to get the game to work.

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top