• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Persona 5 and various spin-offs announced

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Trailer for Persona Q:

It looks interesting, dungeon-RPG and the little snippets of combat look good, but the chibi art-style for the characters…

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 27 December 2013 10:22 AM

Trailer for Persona Q:

It looks interesting, dungeon-RPG and the little snippets of combat look good, but the chibi art-style for the characters…

its etrian-persona. (the Q represents what the etrian odyssey title sounds like in japanese). So that explains the chibi style.. not sure how i feel about that either.. but if they do it right it will be a lot of fun regardless just like the etrian games.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The VITA is not region locked, so I’d be happy with an import copy actually if it does not get localized.

If it is just a dancing game, then despite the language difference it should be easy to pick up.

Sometimes nice people post how to play the game in english FAQs and they make a world of difference.

If it is cannon, then I will pick up a copy - import or localized.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Fifaorert - 22 January 2014 04:42 AM

My spouse and i cherished Identity Four Gold—thus I’ll notice a few things i purchase in NA * ideally we’ll observe some localization.

Did you post this using google translate?

I was wondering what “Identity Four Gold” was, so I googled it and found reference to an extremely lauded JRPG called: “Tibia Megami Tensei: Identity four”

Gotta love those Tibia games.  Yum

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Detective Mosely - 22 January 2014 05:40 AM

Did you post this using google translate?

Did you try to strike up a conversation with a spammer? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So i am happy that there is enough crossgen and exclusive material for
PS3 in 2014, Darksouls2, jojo, Ranko, Kagero, Drakengard3, ShonenJumpVs and
EvilWithin etc.

Persona5 US 2015 release is too far away.

Did anyone try Shinmegamitensei4 on 3ds? bloody amazing soundtrack, though i
dont have 3ds , would love some impressions on story.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/not-even-persona-q-s-getting-left-behind/2300-8551/

PersonaQ US Trailer for the 3DS

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 01 March 2014 08:29 AM

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/not-even-persona-q-s-getting-left-behind/2300-8551/

PersonaQ US Trailer for the 3DS

Good that an english version is coming this year. Bad that the 3DS is region-locked and Atlus doesn’t puclish in Europe (where is Shin Megami Tensei 4?!?)

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

I picked up a copy of Persona 3 FES in the Gamestop 75% off all PS2 titles sale.

I’ve never played a Persona game before (but I have played a bunch of MegTen games; Strange Journey, Soul Hackers, SMT IV, and a little bit of Nocturne). Since Persona Q is a must-buy, I figured I should probably get a little familiar with its canon since its a crossover side-story.

I’m a few hours into the game and a couple of things are kind of pissing me off. First of all the opening hour is the worst kind of hand-holding, cut-scene riddled, scripted annoyance fest as I’ve ever seen. Hey game, here’s a fun idea, when a character asks me to follow them, LET ME ACTUALLY WALK THERE MYSELF.

Anyway, I appear to have gotten though that nonsense and into the game proper. Right off I’m really not digging on the fatigue status. I’m working my way up the tower and then I have to leave just when I’m getting into a rhythm. It just breaks the game flow IMO. And the daytime running around to build social links… I can see that getting tedious latter. Especially with juggling days I need to sleep and days I need to work up the tower.

I’m not sure if this game is going to keep my interest. I mean, I like the combat, and stylistically its pretty cool. And the story looks like its going to some interesting places (even if its got some serious contrivances going on*). Graphicly it looks good, if a bit dark. Its often hard for me to hit shadows with my sword because of the dark. And going around corners the camera is your worst enemy.

It probably sounds like I’m complaining a lot. But just a bunch of things have been bugging me about this game. Its… good. But its not blowing my mind like I thought it should.

*seriously, how the HELL did my main protagonist know shooting himself in the head the first time was a good idea?!

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

Also, the original Shin Megami Tensei is coming to iOS on March 18th. Apparently its the GBA Port version, and the first time its been officially translated and released in North America. I’m buying it with the hope that Atlus might release it on the 3DS eShop someday.

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Jim Purcell - 02 March 2014 04:34 AM

I picked up a copy of Persona 3 FES in the Gamestop 75% off all PS2 titles sale.

I’ve never played a Persona game before (but I have played a bunch of MegTen games; Strange Journey, Soul Hackers, SMT IV, and a little bit of Nocturne). Since Persona Q is a must-buy, I figured I should probably get a little familiar with its canon since its a crossover side-story.

I’m a few hours into the game and a couple of things are kind of pissing me off. First of all the opening hour is the worst kind of hand-holding, cut-scene riddled, scripted annoyance fest as I’ve ever seen. Hey game, here’s a fun idea, when a character asks me to follow them, LET ME ACTUALLY WALK THERE MYSELF.

Anyway, I appear to have gotten though that nonsense and into the game proper. Right off I’m really not digging on the fatigue status. I’m working my way up the tower and then I have to leave just when I’m getting into a rhythm. It just breaks the game flow IMO. And the daytime running around to build social links… I can see that getting tedious latter. Especially with juggling days I need to sleep and days I need to work up the tower.

I’m not sure if this game is going to keep my interest. I mean, I like the combat, and stylistically its pretty cool. And the story looks like its going to some interesting places (even if its got some serious contrivances going on*). Graphicly it looks good, if a bit dark. Its often hard for me to hit shadows with my sword because of the dark. And going around corners the camera is your worst enemy.

It probably sounds like I’m complaining a lot. But just a bunch of things have been bugging me about this game. Its… good. But its not blowing my mind like I thought it should.

*seriously, how the HELL did my main protagonist know shooting himself in the head the first time was a good idea?!

If you don’t like the whole social aspect of Persona 3 you should probably just stay away from the series in general, as it’s one of its core features - and to me (and a lot of other fans) one of the best parts of the games.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 02 March 2014 05:16 AM

If you don’t like the whole social aspect of Persona 3 you should probably just stay away from the series in general, as it’s one of its core features - and to me (and a lot of other fans) one of the best parts of the games.

Yes, this. I think Persona 4 does a good job of refining the battle system and dungeons but the social aspect is an integral part of both games. Just don’t be to stressed out to max everything and trying to study, I don’t there is a way to mess it up, it’s just a cool way to add some bonus to your character and expand the story.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top