• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Invitation to a research project on crowdfunding of video games

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-11-13

PM

Greetings,

the University of Cologne currently conducts a research project studying success and failure of crowdfunding activities in the video gaming industry. Part of this research project is a questionnaire addressed at active or previous backers of Kickstarter projects. The goal of this questionnaire is to better understand the motivation of backers and success and failure of Kickstarter projects. If you supported at least one video game development project on Kickstarter so far, I would appreciate you filling out the following questionnaire:

http://www.unipark.de/uc/videogames/

Completing the questionnaire takes about 10 minutes. The research has a purely academic background and receives no financial support by any outside sources. The results will be publicly available upon project completion. If you want to receive the results, just provide a valid email address at the end of the questionnaire. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this research.

Appreciating your support, best regards

Norbert Steigenberger

Dr. Norbert Steigenberger
University of Cologne
Seminar for Business Administration, Corporate Development and Organization
Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences
Albertus-Magnus-Platz
D-50923 Cologne, Germany

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Filled in the survey. Does your research project about crowdfunding also take other sites (other than Kickstarter) into consideration? Sites like Indiegogo, for instance?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-11-13

PM

We will do so in a later stage, currently our main aim is to reduce complexity, hence the focus on only on crowdfunding site. Including other sites would require us to control for media coverage etc. But we will come back to a broader view of reward based crowdfunding in a couple of month.

best
Norbert

Joined 2013-11-13

PM

The survey ends on Sunday, thanks to all who contributed so far. If you are interested in crowdfunding of video games and did not fill out the questionnaire so far, please do so in the next two days. Results will be available in January/February and will be emailed to all participants who provided a valid email address.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top