• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ancient Greece

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Have anybody played this, another Capcom’s amazing lost gem.

Adventure elements + Bloody Brawls.

Ryse on Xb1 and PC is great too.

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Hey,I’m Greek,I live in northern Greece.Actually the movie Troy has a gazillion changes from the original,stuff that totally change characters and plot in a large scale.I refused to watch it when it came out,only watched parts of it a few months ago on TV and as a Holywood action flick,it’s just that…a Holywood action flick with lots of mistakes and changes.

If you wanna check some nice movies I’d suggest the classic Odyssee movie with Kirk Douglas,that was epic,Jason and the Argonauts,I think that’s the title of the also old movie about the Argonauts…also the Odyssee with Arman Assante,although I’m not sure if that’s a TV movie or TV Series,it’s been on TV as a movie here.

Don’t get me started with Stone’s Alexander…arghhh…

But anyway,yeah…the Frank Miller’s 300 had captured the spirit of Ancient Spartans very well,especially in the comic.That was a great graphic novel.

Yeah, Troy was bad. Well, not maybe bad, but it’s purely a fictional movie.
I liked Alexander, but yeah, it could have been done a bit better. What did you dislike about it?

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

The movie was…too long and the bisexual themes are usually condemned here,most of us don’t consider Alexander bisexual or gay or anything like that.

I don’t know if you also heard about it but there’s also the dispute with the country called “FYROM” or as they call themselves “Republic of Macedonia”,made out of Slavs of Bulgarian origin who claim they’re Macedonians and that Macedonians never were greek,they have erected massive statues and monuments of Alexander,Phillip II and greek philosophers and figures,renamed their streets and squares to anything having to do with Macedonia and their airport to “Alexandr Veliki”...:rollseyes:

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Foinikas - 03 November 2014 05:34 PM

The movie was…too long and the bisexual themes are usually condemned here,most of us don’t consider Alexander bisexual or gay or anything like that.

I don’t know if you also heard about it but there’s also the dispute with the country called “FYROM” or as they call themselves “Republic of Macedonia”,made out of Slavs of Bulgarian origin who claim they’re Macedonians and that Macedonians never were greek,they have erected massive statues and monuments of Alexander,Phillip II and greek philosophers and figures,renamed their streets and squares to anything having to do with Macedonia and their airport to “Alexandr Veliki”...:rollseyes:

Yeah, I’m well aware of the “macedonia name disput.” Being from Slovenia, we and “macedonians"were all Yugoslavs once Smile.

Yeah, I also think it’s ridiculous what they are doing. Todays Macedonia doesn’t have anything with the old one. Slavs came to this area in 7th century AD and simply took the name Macedonians because of geography, nothing more.

Whether Alexander was bisexual or gay, well, that’s for dispute, a lof of historians say he was bi and to be honest, who the hack cares. He changed the world, mainly for better.

Yeah, movie was too long, but I kinda enjoy it. But it could be a lot better. 

I want HBO to shot a show like ROME about ancient greece Grin !

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Aaah Slovenian,a guy from the area! Grin

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Stumbled upon this last night, great recommendations.

http://www.historicalnovels.info/Ancient-Greek-History.html

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top