• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken sword 1 directors cut

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Intense Degree - 31 March 2020 11:27 AM
Jdawg445 - 31 March 2020 08:07 AM

Here’s something I found interesting my wife said she loves George and Nico by themselves in the game but for some reason does not like them together at all. she says Nico becomes lifeless when they are together. I dont feel that way, but i did find that interesting.

That is interesting I think.

I wonder whether it’s because the original just had George as the player character and Nico was obviously always going to be playing second fiddle to some extent. As the DC adds playable Nico sections, it must feel weird to have her point of view some of the time but then only George’s when they are together, if you’ve come straight to the DC. Maybe?

That is possible, it could also be bc the voice actress knew the role better for the directors cut, and was giving more energy into the role of nico 20 yrs later. Who knows?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The Nico voice actresses have varied wildly over the years, but all have had a wonderful French accent.

I though in BS5 that Nico’s voice acting was especially well done. Hopefully the new BS game that will be released soon “Nico Collard and the Sinister Templars” will have the same voice actress. The series usually has a different voice actress for Nico for each release.

Anyway, I played BS the directors cut on the DS and it had no voice acting at all.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Wife beat the game, and loved it. She said a solid 8.5. She wants to try bs5 next bc i told her that the puzzles in bs5 are more like nico’s sections in bs1.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Wife beat the game, and loved it. She said a solid 8.5. She wants to try bs5 next bc i told her that the puzzles in bs5 are more like nico’s sections in bs1.

I would agree with that. I think if she liked BS1 she should like BS5 also, this game is very similar to the first. She may even like BS2 remastered also.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2020-03-28

PM

Jdawg445 - 07 April 2020 01:36 PM

I am so happy she liked it! I went straight from my replay into BS2 and whew do I hate it as an adult. It’s the opposite experience of feeling like 1 held up wonderfully. I think it feels even weaker than actually it is on the heels of BS1, which has such depth and sense of place and empathy for its characters. The treatment of Nico really bothers me: I hate when she’s used to distract men by being hot, and George is constantly saving her, which is just not how I envision their dynamic.  I am speed running with constant hints just to be finished because, while I didn’t finish it (grad school), I remember really liking what I played of 5. Though I will probably need a palate cleanser after 2–I definitely recommend skipping it.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Yeah… don’t skip 2 it’s easily the best in the series after the first game and the design is way ahead of it’s time in terms of how the game world is constructed. Feels like a Wadjet Eye title in terms of level design.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

BS2 remake actually got positive reviews. It’s worth a play, that’s for sure. I would still play BS5 before it, that game to me is the second best in the series. Then I would play BS2.

Heart

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2020-04-14

PM

I’ve been interested in the Broken Sword games for a while now - I still haven’t gotten around to playing them. Are they worth checking out?

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Alpal - 14 April 2020 08:45 PM

I’ve been interested in the Broken Sword games for a while now - I still haven’t gotten around to playing them. Are they worth checking out?

In my opinion YES lol

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

BS is okay but not as good as Zork.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top