• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Lucien21 gaming journal 2013

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

There were plenty of other narrative goofiness,like with that crime reconstruction
scenes. I wonder if they took clue out of Remember Me.

What i felt missing,

-Artdirection of City, ArkhamCity has personality and felt alive.
-Story was way better thanks to Pauldini, who worked on AnimatedSeries.
-The complex crossover of all villians was much clever in Arkhamcity.
-Cast of villians was way better in AC, proper justice to all.
In origins i felt cheated sometimes and some of the returning faces
like JervisTetch, you know repetitive and his design was crap.
-Origins best bossfights are the first few ones.

Origins has “FILLER Game” written all over it, till the next Silverage/rocksteady game.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Call of Duty Ghosts (PS4) Single Player

My first finished game of the new generation is a bit of a damp squid. It’s not a game built exclusivly for next gen, but a cross gen developed title.

Typical of this series the single player is a short, easy, instantly forgettable rollercoaster ride. There is a story that revolves around the USA devestated by an attack from the South. They used the USA’s space weapon system in a devestating surprise attack and are now at war.

Caught in the middle are a couple of brothers and their dog who shoot and bite their way through the enemy to find the legendary Ghosts, soldiers who move through enemy lines silently and deadly kill the enemy.

Graphically it does look like a upgraded version of current gen games, extra partical effects and lighting etc make this a very pretty game.

Shooting mechanics are the same as before, left trigger, right trigger and repeat.

Gameplay this is a shooter of the last generation and the hope is that developers come up with some new angles to make these games (Destiny and Titan fall look great).

Overall it was forgettable.

2.5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The Room Two

Ipad puzzler, bigger and better than the original it expands each chapter from single complex box puzzles to a larger room with multiple locations and a large variety of object to puzzle from pirate ships to seance tables.

Using the ipad controls you can swipe, pinch, tap and drag to manipulate the camera angles and the objects themselves. Push buttons, rotate handles, slide buttons and zoom into areas to investigate how to escape each room.

The pull to tap everywhere, examine every angle and just poke at objects to find hints,  hidden drawers or items is strong.

It’s an addictive game with minimal lovecraftian plot (there are letters etc around to fill you in on the background)and a seriously spooky and claustraphobic atmosphere. The rooms are dark with only the puzzle areas illuminated, giving the feeling of things hidden in the corners, sneaking up as you concentrate too hard on finding which of these panels are not like the others.

Fantastic fun that will while away a few hours and draw you back until it’s done.

4.5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Broken Sword 5 - Part 1

It’s great to see Nico and George back together. I wish they had waited another month or two and released it as one game, but it’s still great to see the old team back together.

It’s a traditional 2D Broken Sword game, but with 3D character models. This leads to some really nice backgrounds, but occassionally dodgy chracters (The worst bit has George and older lady dancing to some really dodgy CGI.)

Personally I would have prefered they stick to the 3D and made somthing along the line of the new Dreamfall Chapters game, but retro-ing back to the style of the first game was fun too.

The 2D graphics are very nice, the voice work superb and the puzzles interesting without being impossible (most of them are pretty easy).

The main problem I have with the game is that the story starts off slow and hints at conspiracy and other stuff, but on the whole the first episode is a hum drum murder investigation and the origin of the painting and religious/conspiracy meaning only starts to come to the fore towards the end. With the 2nd part presumably going to go all out on that side of the story the game just feels incomplete.

It took me about 5 hours to complete the game so the 7-8 hours quoted by Cecil is a crock of beta testing nonsense.

Overall a charming traditional game that feels like a Broken Sword game. However it’s too short for having been cut in half and the story seems a bit hum drum.

3.5/5

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Walking Dead Season Two

Episode 1 - All that remains

So can Telltale do the impossible and follow up on all of last years Game of the Year accolades.

Based on one episode it’s hard to tell, but so far it’s decent but not blowing my socks off.

First off it’s bloody short, like less than 2 hours short. It may well be the shortest episode yet. Is this how Telltale is going to deal with creatin multiple games at a time by trimming episode length?

Secondly i’m not convinced yet that putting you in control of Clem is working. Season one is so great because you would do anything to protect here. She was the emotional heart of the game that kept you going. It was easy to put yourself in the head of her protector.

It’s more difficult for me to put myself in the head of a 10 year old kid. Especially as they put her through one torture after another.

It hasn’t clicked for me yet, but i’ll see how the season goes.

3.5/5

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Top 10 2014

1. Last of Us
2. Zelda a Link Between Worlds
3. Bioshock Infinite
4. Tomb Raider
5. Grand Theft Auto V
6. Gone Home
7. Room II
8. Beyond Two Souls
9. Brothers
10. Splinter Cell Blacklist

Ok i’m cheating with no2 as i’m only about half way through it, but I can already tell it’s a fantastic game which deserves to be on this list even in an unfinished state.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 01 January 2014 05:57 AM

2. Zelda a Link Between Worlds

It’s a very good list, but this one caught my atention because I’m also playing it and couldn’t agree more, it’s an amazing game, the way they opened up the Zelda formula by giving all the items in the beginning make it fresh. It’s also very fast-paced and has some really inventive puzzles.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top