• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyCharophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Just finished Secret Files 2…

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Ok so I just finished Secret Files 2 Puritas Cordis.I found it to be…a relatively mediocre game.I mean I had A LOT of fun playing the first game.Secret Files Tunguska was for me much more beautiful with more settings,far better animation and character models and better plot.And of course I LOVED Nina’s voice in the first game.

I also realized that the game lacked good humor.While I enjoyed the first game’s dialogues and humor this one had some…really stupid jokes.

Anyway,that’s my opinion.Does anyone else think the first one was better than the second?

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2007-05-19

PM

I’m always baffled when I hear people saying how much they loved Nina’s voice in the first game. I hated her voice and thought she was extremely annoying, but I played the English version of the game. Which versions did you play who loved her voice so much? My theory is that she sounded much different in the German version and everyone else played that… Wink

Current favourites: Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Talos Principle
Lasting loves: Tex Murphy, Gabriel Knight, Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, The Last Express, L.A. Noire, Portal 2

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Nina sounded like a 13 year old girl in the first game, and a rather petulant/bitchy one too. The Nina in the second game was a better actor too (slightly).

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

The english version.And PLEASE…what are you guys talking about,the second voice actresses was completely emotionless and ...it just sounded like fake.You know,she was just…whispering on the microphone trying to read correctly.As if she was like,trying to recite a poem slowly and correctly.I don’t understand how people prefere that voice actress not in comparison with the first game only,but generally as a voice actress!
I mean ok,I don’t have anything against the woman,she’s ok,but for me the first voice actress of Nina was super.Made me love the character more,she had this warmth and liveliness in her voice.

But anyway,I really thought the game was stuck TOO much in some locations,especially the ship and some other parts.And…the humor failed a lot in my opinion.Especially towards the ending of the game.I thought it was completely cheesy and non-comical,during the ending scenes too….

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2007-05-19

PM

I actually found the first Secret Files bland and mediocre at best, Nina’s voice notwithstanding. For me it felt like a chore to finish that one, so I never even tried the other games in the series. (I did like Lost Horizon, though.)

Current favourites: Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Talos Principle
Lasting loves: Tex Murphy, Gabriel Knight, Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, The Last Express, L.A. Noire, Portal 2

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

It’s been a while since I played but I think I might have preferred the second one. I loved the boat part. 3rd game is definitely the weakest though.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I actually found both of them are rather mediocre, entertaining enough to make me finish both, but nothing more than that, and i agree with Dienerstrasse that Lost Horizon is much better.

Cant really remember wich one was the most mediocre, or wich one had the best voice acting or any other details, as i have hapily forgot almost every details about both games Smile

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Both games were mediocre in my personal opinion - as another poster already said, they were just good enough to keep me playing through to the end, but nothing spectacular. That being said, I did enjoy the second one much more than the first. And I thought Max had some pretty funny lines toward the end of the game!

On the issue of Nina’s voice: in the first game I thought Nina’s voice was a bit annoying. But then in the second game the voice ACTING was just atrocious. So I guess overall I prefer Nina #1.

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

There are so many different opinions on this game.I really loved the first game and enjoyed Nina’s character and voice in the first one,but I was sooo much disappointed about her in the second game.Plus some puzzles make absolutely no sense and especially some puzzles in the end of the game.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Anyone knows if the DS version of Secret Files 2 is the same as the PC one?

I was playing it when my DS was stolen with the game inside, I wasn’t enjoying it (finding it kind of boring) and was thinking if it’s worth playing the PC version.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

wilco - 12 November 2012 02:47 PM

I’m pretty sure it is. No point trying the PC version if you didn’t like the DS.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Schneckchen ^.^ - 12 November 2012 04:44 PM

I’m pretty sure it is. No point trying the PC version if you didn’t like the DS.

Thanks. I played the first one on PC and thought it was ok but was not liking the second, I was at some shipwreck playing Nina. Guess I won’t bother getting it again.

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Still I LOVED the homage to Sam and Max in the game!I mean…it can’t be a coincidence having Max and his female friend Sam there…

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have both the PC and DS versions. They are very similar in graphics and gameplay. However, there is NO voice acting in the DS version of the game at all - it is all text.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top