• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Desura game distribution portal having trouble

Total Posts: 288

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I’m not sure if Adventure Gamers has talked about this yet or not, but I noticed that the digital game portal Desura seems to be having a lot of issues and bad press from developers lately about non payments for game sales, etc.  I’m not sure if this is yet another case of devs getting the shaft on payments owed, or if there is a legit reason for the long delays.  There are a lot of posts on Desura discussing things back and forth.  The few Desura employees are giving excuses for why nobody is getting paid, but to me it seems to ring a bit hollow. 

Well, I hope for the best because I have quite a few games purchased and in my digital library from that website.  I may have to log in and download/install most of them pro-actively soon just in case this is a harbinger of the end.  One never knows.  I always feel bad for the developers in these situations.  Most of them are hanging on by a thread financially and need every dollar owed to them to pay the bills.

Anyone else have something to share about all this?  Does Adventure Gamers staff have anything to say or share?  I just wanted everyone else to be aware, because it might be best to avoid buying anything from Desura if the whole portal is going to vanish soon and take all the money (and games) with them when they do.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

I suppose AG shop will benefit from this so they’re not that worried about Desura.  Tongue

Although this thread might interest adventure players, I think it belongs more to “General” section.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Yeah, we’ve never received a payment from Desura in the whole time we’ve been selling products with them.  They assure me they are working on it.  We’ll see, I suppose.

Bt

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

lucebend - 05 June 2015 06:37 AM

Although this thread might interest adventure players, I think it belongs more to “General” section.

Moved. Smile

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

It doesn’t look like it’s going to get any better soon.

Desura’s parent company has filed for bankruptcy

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

That’s sad. Frown Here’s hoping they’ll pay developers in reasonable amount of time.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

lakerz - 05 June 2015 12:43 AM

Does Adventure Gamers staff have anything to say or share?

The only dealings with Desura I’ve ever had was when a few developers sent their review copies through them. I had no idea they were financially hurting, and wasn’t aware they were reneging on payments. I can speak for Marek in saying that it certainly wasn’t a factor in AG opening its own store, though I guess now it’s good that we did.

I’m sorry to see they’re apparently going under, though. Could mean a few more sales for AG, I guess, but in general, a thriving marketplace with lots of choice, happy customers and fully-compensated developers is best for everyone.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top