• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bayonetta 1 and 2

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The sequel to Bayonetta just released on the Wii-U with the first game. It’s a niche release in a failing console. The original was in my opinion the best 3rd person action game ever so I think it deserves a thread for discussion even is it won’t get replies Smile

It achieves the epicness of God of War battles but with the deep stylish gameplay of a Devil May Cry game. Story is borderline incomprehensible but the characters and cutscenes are fun. Of what I played of the second game it maintains the high quality.

Any impressions on the series?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I remember the first game being as mad as a box of frogs, but still fun.

However not fun enough to buy a Wii U for.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Watching Stream on PS4 (ustream), (didn’t know they allow streams for Other consoles).

Story is crap, style and everything is typical japanese crazy hentai stuff, but the gameplay is Hardcore, that alone is 10/10.

I think gow series does more than just action, and does puzzles, exploration, story etc. better.

Bayo is wall to wall non-stop action. 

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

My copy of Bayonetta 2 is in the mail and should arrive on Wednesday. I had never played these types of game before but I played the demo and I am pretty stoked to play Bayonetta 1 and 2 back to back.

Also, Hooray for Canada E3 preorders and getting the game for $40. Seeing as I have never played Bayonetta before this is an amazing deal as I am essentially getting each game for $20.

Hopefully I can finish both of these games before Super Smash Bros comes out.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 25 October 2014 04:03 PM

I remember the first game being as mad as a box of frogs, but still fun.

However not fun enough to buy a Wii U for.

No game is worth a console for (but this one would be one of the closest one)

nomadsoul - 25 October 2014 05:32 PM

Watching Stream on PS4 (ustream), (didn’t know they allow streams for Other consoles).

Story is crap, style and everything is typical japanese crazy hentai stuff, but the gameplay is Hardcore, that alone is 10/10.

I think gow series does more than just action, and does puzzles, exploration, story etc. better.

Bayo is wall to wall non-stop action. 

Yep, no filler here, they know what’s this about and it’s all about the action. What would be a big boss battle in other games is a standard enemy here.

TheLongestJourney - 27 October 2014 12:52 PM

My copy of Bayonetta 2 is in the mail and should arrive on Wednesday. I had never played these types of game before but I played the demo and I am pretty stoked to play Bayonetta 1 and 2 back to back.

Also, Hooray for Canada E3 preorders and getting the game for $40. Seeing as I have never played Bayonetta before this is an amazing deal as I am essentially getting each game for $20.

You’re in for a treat, they are not that long so you’ll probably beat it.

Another thing, the Wii-U Pro controller is really good, very comfortable for long play sessions of this kind of frenetic games.

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

wilco - 27 October 2014 02:26 PM
TheLongestJourney - 27 October 2014 12:52 PM

You’re in for a treat, they are not that long so you’ll probably beat it.

Another thing, the Wii-U Pro controller is really good, very comfortable for long play sessions of this kind of frenetic games.

Yes, I just bought a pro controller to play Smash with my roommates. Bring on Bayonetta!

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

I just started playing Bayonetta last night. I made it through the Prologue before I had to leave. I am looking forward to play more of it this weekend. So far I really enjoy the over the top aspect of it. I am playing with the Pro Controller and that seems to be working very well.

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Just beat Bayonetta. It is definitely a great game that I can see myself replaying in the future to try to get as many Pure Platinums as I can on different difficulties and unlock different techniques. The gameplay is really rewarding but I am really looking forward to starting Bayonetta 2 first. Thank you Nintendo! This has been a truly amazing year for games!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Prepare for even more epicness in the sequel. it’s a ultra big boss fight every level Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Bayonetta 1 was the last game I got for the Xbox360. A great ending to the console too.

The wiiU actually has enough games to warrant a buy - I’ve counted 36-40 solid games on the system.

The problem is - I have a PS3 and 68 games sitting in a box waiting to be played.

And after that - I have a PC and 72 games waiting to be played. After that - I’d have to compare the Ps4 vs the wiiU…...

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Nintendo is having a good year in terms of releases. Bayo2 looks like a classic and there’s still that big WiiU exclusive coming out very soon that many are anticipating….

Captain Toad!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

thejobloshow - 18 November 2014 02:09 AM

Nintendo is having a good year in terms of releases. Bayo2 looks like a classic and there’s still that big WiiU exclusive coming out very soon that many are anticipating….

Captain Toad!

I think that will do just fine not amazing, Smashbros though.

Somewhat related,

I got a decent laugh from this Final ATP match moment,

http://www.espn.co.uk/blogs/sport/story/369269.html

“I was playing Mario Kart on my sofa when I got the call,” Murray revealed after the match. “I was winning at that. Mario Kart is better than my tennis.”

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

^
He made a joke. He was actually referring to SSB.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The question remains - would U buy a wii U for just one game?

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top