• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Thankfully we live in an age where there’s ton of ways to get info about games and don’t have to be dependent of journalist reviews or specific youtubers.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 25 October 2014 03:15 PM

Thankfully we live in an age where there’s ton of ways to get info about games and don’t have to be dependent of journalist reviews or specific youtubers.

Exactly and people you have played enough games like us, would be just fine with PS4 streams and Trailers.

All thats left is actual control, and with Alphas, Betas and PlayableDemos/Expos, its even
more convenient to make final call by yourself.

I knew something was off for me in Mordor, and glad i didn’t pay a single penny.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

nomadsoul - 25 October 2014 03:30 PM

I knew something was off for me in Mordor, and glad i didn’t pay a single penny.

Outing yourself as a shonky Pirate are you?

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 25 October 2014 04:05 PM
nomadsoul - 25 October 2014 03:30 PM

Outing yourself as a shonky Pirate are you?

Lol dude try harder.
There ain’t no Piracy on PS4, don’t embarrass yourself, i posted links to prove my
point but you look desperate for point-scoring.

Maybe you don’t even know that game is not on last gen consoles.Pan
If you need pics of my Rare Trophy on PS4 with Sarcastic Message written on paper
for you, do tell me. Wink

Will post my in-game pics later, though if you need more proof ask wilco.

Got Mordor from my friend exchanged with TEW.

Drink dew and chill.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Fair enough, you swapped it.

Btw you never proved anything apart from you love to believe in any conspiary theory going. A couple a bad journalists do not make for a whole corrupt industry.  I don’t count youtubers a journalists, but it is possible to find one that you trust and enjoy their playthroughs, but I can make up my own mind on what games I may like.

It seems to me that from various posts that you think all developers and now journalists are on some kind of personal vendetta to screw over gamers as part of some kind of illuminati plot. Presumably it’s easier to believe that 72 websites are lying about the quality of the game because they have all been bribed in some way than just the mear fact that that they liked the game better than you did.

Also the game is on last gen consoles it’s just not out yet. The ps3 version comes out later in nov, minus the whole nemesis system as it’s too complicated for the ps3 to run.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Not Personal Vendetta against consumers, but personal interest to make money through unethical practices.

Exclusive deals, shitty DLC practice, pre-oorder incentives, and the manipulation of reviews by PR firms or Advertising, you name it, its all about $$$ and favors.

The whole Titanfall review was covered with Titanfall ads all around on the major websites.
When MGS4 was released, Kojima invited all journos to some hotel with AAA leisure, food and drinks etc. to indirectly shape their opinions.

One way or another its conflict of interest and “not” totally transparent.
Thats what i believe.

Here what Jaffe proposed,

The original article was inspired by a post on Penny Arcade in which Ben Kuchera explains why the industry is so heavily focused on boobs (Spoiler alert: It’s because you like to click on them). So, Jaffe proposed a system where the readers themselves would support a small collection of journalists via Kickstarter. This would mean that web-based advertisers could be tossed by the wayside, and the journalists wouldn’t have to write articles with titles like “The Top Ten Breasts in a Game About Lesbians.”

But i guess Jaffe is Alexjones too.

Speculation turned to accusation yesterday, when Zoe’s ex-boyfriend make a post on his own blog, accusing her (with proof) of cheating with a number of prominent industry figures. Among them was current Kotaku writer Nathan Grayson, apparently solicitating sexual favours for positive press.

This is your industry^

As i said , if you have been in the loop, listening to people like Sessler, Davidjaffe and others, you would know that Journalists are not as respected or revered like you make them to be. They are treated as sellouts and platforms to reach customers, thats it.

Journalism in recent years have become more worse when they started posting news/info
from insiders at Neogaf, the same site you like anything.
Sometimes posting fake news from Gaf for clickbait articles.

Its a long debate that needs other thread, but you got my point anyway.

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

One of the games in my September-November list,I love it.It’s like a mixture of Assassin’s Creed and Batman Arkham City but the truth is I love it more than the AC games that I have and it just is really addictive!

Pretty good job done there!

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top